Mind-boggling==Shveta

anishma24 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Mind-boggling

Kittie Party girl Salve plays a psychiatrist in her forthcoming show Left Right Left

Reena Thapar Kapoor

How does it feel to be back in the running?
I was always around, so where is the question of making a comeback. I agree that I have not been doing too much work lately. Some time ago, I was down with jaundice and was completely bed-ridden. After Sarkar wound up, only Left Right Left excited me enough.

Do you feel insecure around co-star Rajeev Khandelwal?

I must admit that I was apprehensive initially. His character in Kahiin To Hoga was larger than life and I was aware of his popularity. But that wasn't my worry. I had certain pre-conceived notions about him and thought that he would throw attitude and  be full of himself. However, I've worked with him for three days  now and I've had no reason to complain. He has been very co-operative and patient.

What is your role in Left Right Left ?

I play the role of a psychiatrist who is a confidante of many cadets. The backdrop of the show is the army. My job is to help the cadets overcome their fears and other complications. I'm sure it's going to be great fun essaying this character.

You are seen playing different characters in different shows. How do you manage that?

I played an editor in Lipstick, a rebellious bahu in Kahin Kisi Roz. I don't follow clichs. But I feel that the family dramas like Kittie Party, at some point fall prey to the saas-bahu trend. I'm not averse to doing saas-bahu soaps but they have a limited scope. I want to be as versatile as possible.

You have an uncanny resemblance to Madhuri Dixit.

Well, I'm an ardent fan of the actress! I was always called a Madhuri Dixit look-alike, in school, college and even now. I don't know if that has anything to do with both of us being Maharashtrians.

• I must admit that I was apprehensive about Rajeev Khandelwal initially. I thought that he would throw attitude and be full of himself — Shveta

Shveta Salve in Left Right Left

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nram thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Thanx for sharing 😃 😃 😃
fm05 thumbnail