Parul interview- will play lead in serial soon

downandout thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/I-will-never-quit-television-Parul-Chauhan/articleshow/17336563.cms

I will never quit television: Parul Chauhan

The writer has posted comments on this articleBy Soumitra DasSoumitra Das, TNN | Nov 24, 2012, 12.00 AM IST

When Parul Chauhan shifted to Mumbai from Uttar Pradesh with the dream of making it big in showbiz, little did she know that it will take her more than two years to make a mark.

"Those two years weren't easy, as I kept going for one audition after the other. There were people who would say that I was a good actor and yet, I didn't get any roles. But I didn't lose my self-belief and kept telling myself that no one can stop me if destiny had something good in store. And when I got to play the role of Ragini in Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai, I felt that all my hard work had paid off. The show gave me unbelievable popularity and suddenly, people's attitude towards me changed! Those who never talked to me or my parents suddenly became extra sweet towards us. But success didn't change me as a person." says Parul, who has also been a part of Rishton Se Badi Pratha, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 3 and Comedy Circus on the small screen.

Soon, she will be making her B-Town debut with the film Myoho. She shares, "I couldn't have asked for a better big-screen debut. The film talks about the cycle of karmic retribution and is set in two different eras. So, it explores an earthquake in Bihar in 1934 and also the Mumbai attacks in 2008. Because of the unique storyline, I get to play two different characters in my very first film-one of a very de-glam village girl, and the other of a very glamourous modern girl. I feel super excited!"

While she already has "one more film" in her kitty, Parul says that television will always remain her first priority. "I will never quit television! It has given me everything. I hail from a middle-class family and before I started getting acting offers, I always wondered when we will have a car or when I can buy whatever I want for my family members. And all those dreams came true thanks to my TV stint. Very soon, I will be essaying the lead role in a fiction show on the small screen." she says.

Off-screen, Parul loves to cook. "I am a great cook. Main dil se khana banati hoon! And of course, I love dancing and shopping, which are great stress busters." she smiles.

There was a phase when Parul's link-ups made more headlines than her work, and she says that she gradually learnt to take it in her stride. "Initially, I used to get really irritated, because there was no truth to these reports. The worst part is that people never checked with me for my point of view before coming up with a story about my personal life! Then, I realised that it's best to ignore all the bakwas because I can't stop people from writing/commenting what they want to."

Parul, who is in a steady relationship with actor Yashdeep Nain, is solely focused on her career right now. "Settling down will take a while." she smiles, before signing off.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HaRul-lover thumbnail
Am sio happy our shona is back !!!!
Saraellla thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the amazing news
Parul is my favorite star from televsion and I liked the promo of her movie
Wish her all the best
Hope she returns to televsion soon.. She was wonderful as ragini and played the role very well and hope she gets more offers after her movie release and back todo fiction
crazysandhir thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks simi .Very soon, I will be essaying the lead role in a fiction show on the small screen." omg is that true ?am i dreaming so happy to hear this ,waiting for u my princess .
wadi..doll thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
OMG OMG OMG The princess is goin to be backkk Cantt wait yaar you dont kno everydayy i miss her a lot ..
CrazyForAshish thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
make ur come bk soon parul... We are waiting...
moniluvskinshuk thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Thanks for sharing it . I am eagerly waiting for her show 
shala786 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thats great news ! after closing the forum we getting good news x welcome back parul x
DEEENCH thumbnail
thanx..
cant wait 4 parul..
hope the show is gud..
magicalkinrul thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for the amazing news