..Shweta.. thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

{How I Knew}

I am a girl on my way to become a woman, a girl who'll eventually be forgotten after she dies, an ordinary average every-other girl, a person on this planet, and I can be any girl.

My mom always told me I'd make a beautiful woman, my dad told me I'd be a responsible one. And I loved them, they play a big part in making me the adolecent I am today.

But I, I just wanted to be a woman who found love.

The forever kind of love, or as the filmy girl inside me would say, the ishq wala love, Raj-Megha kind of love, the Edward-Bella kind of love.

But I guess that's where I fell back a little bit.

These expectations, they are monsters. They kill you and everything that makes you smile, genuinely.

Then there was him.

I'd known him for a large chunk of my life.

We went from just being aware of each other's existance to what we are now.

I despise of the term boyfriend, it's just so immature and churlish, or at least I find it to be.

"So are you guys like going out?"

This often led to silence. Going out? The term makes me scoff, and they ask why I don't have much hope for our generation.

He's my companian. A romantic companian if all you gushing young females must.

I'm not saying he's my "soulmate" because I simply don't have the maturity to know so. I'm an 18 year old girl , and like any other 18 year old girl, I just want to be happy and he makes me happy, he makes me smile, and for me, that's more than enough.

Religion, God, Soul and Soulmates, these are things we believe in. What concrete scientific proof do we have that these things exist?

Somethings don't need proof.

We humans do things that not even we, ourselves, can explain.

Love is one of those things. What proof do we have that this feeling exists? What proof do we have that the connection we believe in due to the media exists? What proof do we have of anything really?

These fanfictions, these shows, these movies, these books, they all have the famous romantic eyelocks, and dialogues, and whatnot.

But they are all fiction for a reason. We like to dream of these things, we like to believe a "prince riding a beautiful white horse" will come and sweep us off our feet, or that we'll find the perfect anti-hero and find the hero in him.

But let's get real. The chances of you getting struck by lightning are higher.

What I'm trying to get at is that love doesn't have a definition, it's a blank piece of paper. But you have the pencil in your hands to define what love means to you.

For all these years I've written and erased things on that piece of paper over and over again. These eraser shavings measured my maturity growing over the years.

It was my 18th birthday when I finally mustered up the courage to pick up a pen.

I began to question him, I began to question "us", and that day he said to me few words.

They weren't the 3 magical words, so don't get yourself hyped.

Nor was it a romantic poem, and for sure it wasn't one of those lines from a contemporary romance novel. I wouldn't expect it from a clueless romantic like him either.

It was him. It was everything he was feeling at that moment in time.

And god I remember him fumbling over his words, messing up, stutttering, wording things up wrong, getting tongue tied.

They got me by surprise, I never in a million years though that my idiot could be so... romantic? I can't even find the right words.

But that day his every word was a mirror of his heart.

We have our imperfections, he has his, I (definitely) have mine, but in that moment I knew that even if we end up not making it, I'll never regret having him in my life.

The words he said were only meant for my ears, but you should know that they gave me my definition.

I am a girl, on my way to become a woman, and that is how I knew.

A/N: I hope you could relate to it. This girl can be anyone, it can be you, your sister, that girl that sits next to you in class everyday, it could be be Geet, Khushi, anyone! I just wanted you guys to be able to relate to this OS.

This one's for my Dishu, a confused girl to another. I hope it helped.

Shweta <3

Edited by -ForeverYours- - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Carabelli5 thumbnail
Res
Will argue with u once I am on my laptop. For now beautifully written. Here are some imaginary hershey kisses for u.
And fyi true love is not that impossible. Edited by Carabelli5 - 11 years ago
Diamond_14 thumbnail
so beautifully written.👏
Gud advice choti, but i'm a boy and this is for girls
-SmexyGhost- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
res

Edited : Wow yr.This is the best OS i have ever read. No,Seriously i mean it & i can relate with this vry well. As I m 17 yrs old, like every other girl i have the same dream of that kind of feelings & U described those feelings vry well.Sometyms i feel this is so stupid bt cant help it as its a part of ur growth as a women i guess.

Luv u swetha fr this wonderful OS.🤗
Edited by colorsluv - 11 years ago
-Megha thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
-UnRes-
Shwethu baby .. ths iz c'riously awwsumm .. !) The way yu describd the feelings wz simply out-of-the-world .. =P Luvdd itt !)
Nd i too, lyk yu, being n 18yr. old, cn myself relate to it thoroughly .. :)
In each nd evry way ..as evn my guy once had done the same to me.. i thnk dt wz on my last b'dae.. 17th .. whn i wz in a vry foul mood.. nd he tried to cheer me up by writing true wordz bout me !)
Fantastic Workk Hun .. !!
BTW, Shwetha.. who'z Raj-Megha.? i mean ye dono kon h yar.? kya love-story h inki.?! edward-bella toh pata h.. or yu cn say, i'em wotally crazy bout 'em.. bt ye dono.. huh.? =PEdited by megha_arnav - 11 years ago
shagun05 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
R
Edited...

Yes!!! Its how a ordinary, normal girl thinks, believes and aspires to be... I am a hopeless romantic and so I confess that I do dream of MY BOY...

I can totally relate to everything that you wrote and certainly believes in it too... Things need not to be like a fairy tale, but for I should be able to see it that way. WE BOTH together should be able to feel that way...

"What I'm trying to get at is that love doesn't have a definition, it's a blank piece of paper. But you have the pencil in your hands to define what love means to you" this is something that reached out to me the most!!!!

I do believe, that, Love is just a word till somebody comes in our life and gives meaning to it...

I feel really happy for you that you are blessed with such a person in your life!!!
Edited by shagun05 - 11 years ago
-ElmoFuj- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
This was simply fantastic.

Love the way you penned down the feelings of an average 18 year old girl who expects nothing from life except love.
A practical yet a hopeful girl.
A girl who preferred her boy's own words that mirrored his heart instead of any romantic serial dialogues or anything. JUST because it was him, for her and to her.

An average girl's dream, hope and fantasy.

Loved the way you narrated it. The simple life of a girl, her defination of love, defination of romance.

BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN, Shweta! AMAZING! ❤️Edited by Fan_ipkknd1 - 11 years ago
Santhu.The.King thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
well written.. ❤️👏
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I'm just so touched by your insightful thoughts.
Beautiful written words of your feelings.
Actually I'm a woman and already faced so many ups and downs in life. 
Welcome to the complicated world of womanhood.
Absolutely loved the OS.