The best Diwali gift ever

Ace11 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 2 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago

Today was the best day of my life. I have never done this before for any celebrity but after reading that Barun had cried and was leaving IPKKND, I just knew that he needed to know how much we all love him.

So I fed the studio address in Google maps, blackmailed my best friend to accompany me and we drove all the way from Malabar Hill to put up a banner outside the studio gate stating that "We love you no matter what" and " You'll always have our support". Just wanted him to feel appreciated. We reached the studio at 12.30pm. I had no plans to meet him as I am a very shy person by nature, but my friend refused and insisted that we have to meet him as I had eaten her brains out to support me in this madness,(according to her being a fan is as good as being a lunatic). She was like, "You have driven all the way from town and forced me to come with you just to put this banner on the road? No ways, I won't allow this, we have to meet him". The security guard did not let us in as they were shooting. He said that if we had some gifts for BS he would pass it on to him. But my friend was like "Hum etni door se Barun ji ko milne aaye, hai please hamai bataiee ke unka break cub ho ga?" He told us that 2pm is their lunch break. We loitered around in the area to kill time. I decided that I'll leave a greeting card with a nice encouraging quote with the security guard at 2pm. My friend made a last attempt to get in and meet him and one of the security guard agreed to let BS know that he had some fans outside who wana meet him and guess what he came out. This was the Best Diwali gift ever. I was so nerves that my hands were shaking. I was babbling rubbish. I told him that I came to meet him because I wanted him to feel appreciated and that whatever his decision his true blue fans would always support him. He was so down to earth and made us feel so comfortable. I gave him the card and apologized that I didn't have a gift but he insisted that the card was more than enough. I told him that ASR for me is Barun and the day he quits I'll quit watching IPKKND and he said that no one is replacing him as ASR but new entries are coming. But I was like," No, if you are not in IPKKND I will not see it."  He gave me such a sweet smile when I said this. He must have realized that I was really nervous and my hands were shaking so he told me to just relax (As if that's possible with him around). I told him that he had made my day but actually he has made my life. He made me realized that sometimes a small gesture out of affection can make someone so happy. Here, I thought I would make him feel appreciated but he turned the tables on me and made me feel on the top of the world.

I think I was in shock and could not handle him being in front of me so I quickly thanked him for entertaining  all of us and for being such a down to earth person, wished him Happy Diwali, grabbed my friend's hand and ran out of the studio gate to save my life.  You'll all will wonder what I meant by 'to save my life?' Well you see I had unconsciously held on to my breath and my heart was pounding in my ears. It was a survival tactic.

Thank you Mr. Barum Sobti for being you. God Bless and may all your wishes come true...Love always.

P. S. Guys... He is worth fighting for and I am so proud to be his fan.

I was just not prepared to see him in real life. My brain was not functioning. I just wanted to turn invisible. So I just did not ask him anything. I even forgot to take his autograph. πŸ˜•
Edited by Ace11 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

naddiya26 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
 add in minus.com or imgur.com  add forum link

you are so luck

my pleasure sweet heart  if ever i meet him i will not be able to say a word , you were good dear

bless you he will for sure remember you for rest of his life , that you came from all the way from your town to say you support him 

Love you , you friend & Barun
Edited by naddiya26 - 11 years ago
harshmshah94 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
woww...u very lucly...but anyways tfs
SO BARUN said- No one replacing ASR!!!
aneelovesarshi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
wow lucky u. He is so good-natured person. love u Sobti.
Sidda8 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Aww, thanks for sharing. We love Barun and we hope that we can keep him in our show. 
ESR8 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
so is there any chance he stays back ???
wow u met BS? lucky gal!
rishaithra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
is that true will he be back after a break plzz tell me na😭😭
Ree1306 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Awww...ur damn luckyy..!! TFS..!! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜³
PrashT thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3