Edited by Mansi. - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 11 years ago

Piyush Sahdev belongs to Delhi. He did his education from Delhi University. His sister is also an actress. He is married to Actress Akangsha Rawat. Piyush is a dedicator to work and god. He is religious person and claims to be a simple person, likes to live simple life. He has 6 packs abs.

Piyush Sahdev Is a hindi television , well established and one of the most popular actor. Piyush Sahdev has worked in 10 television shows. His first fame was As Shard in Ghar Ek Sapna on Sahara one. he actor moved to Mumbai in 20 century and before starting career in acting , he was a model.

Shakti

Bikhri Aas Nikhr Preet

Ghar Ek Sapna

Har Ghar Kuch Kehta Hai

kya kahein

Get...Huyi sabse parayi

Pratigya

Nach Le Ve

Meet Milla de Rabba

Hum ne li hai shapath

Continue

Continue

One of the most sought after actors:

PIYUSH SAHDEV- The dashing Cop of 'Shapath', and Life indeed is OK!

PIYUSH SAHDEV- The dashing Cop of 'Shapath', and Life indeed is OK!
His story as an actor, commences differently. He had no burning ambition to become one, but he was a dedicated perfectionist, in whatever life threw at him. So when acting was presented as an option, Piyush went after it. Indian Television got richer as a result, and Piyush has now become one of the most sought after actors. Having been seen on popular shows like Meet Mila De Rabba, Ghar Ek Sapna. We catch up with the actor between takes:

On your decision to become an actor?
I'll be lying if I said I always wanted to become an actor. But one feedback I did get, based on my physical appearance was that, I should probably try my hand in modeling.  Anyway I showed up in Mumbai in 2001, it was more circumstances that got me here, as opposed to any modeling or acting desire. In fact in those days it was more of living life by the day. But when I did get the chance to model, I decided to go ahead with full preparation.  However, I saw the life of an actor and that attracted me more so I decided to follow that path. The theater group that I joined in Juhu, was along the lines of a traditional guru- shishya system, and in that environment I picked up the skills of acting and dialogues.  My self confidence increased as did my command over language, something that was missing from my persona when I had arrived in Mumbai.  This got me started in the world of  T.V. serials.

On your favorite character that you have played?
The role of a Sardar (Sikh) , Kulwant Singh, in Meet Mila De Rabba. I say that because that got me maximum recognition and accolades and also because as an actor it felt great, when people refused to believe that I was not a Sikh in real life. I must have done a reasonable enough job as an actor, for them to have been so convinced.

What serial are you currently working on?
I play a cop in the serial, Shapath, on a new channel, Life's OK. Initially I was apprehensive on accepting the role, but it is turning out great and I have been working hard, working out and working with cops, to ensure I act as one, in the serial.

What do you do when you are not working?
Fortunately or otherwise I have been working round the clock, ever since I became an actor, but if I do get time, I like to spend it with my girlfriend, Akansha Rawat,

Piyush sahdev is a perfectionist!:

Perfectionist is the mantra of Piyush Sahdev
July 10, 2009
By rachana trivedi

Piyush Sahdev who created waves with his character as Kulwant in 'Meet Mila De Rabba' is all set for his new innings on TV. The actor has taken a break after the show went off air and is now busy toning himself.

"While shooting I could not get enough time to go gym but now I had been regular as have put on oodles of weight," says Piyush.

He is on a strict diet. "I am keeping a close eye on my diet. One needs to be perfect in this industry and I am just trying to be that. Alongside I had been doing voice practice on my harmonium. This helps in modulation of voice which is very necessary," he adds further.

"For the role of Kulwant in Meet Mila De' I have prepared my self. I remember after giving the audition, I got a call from the channel saying that I am the perfect face of the show. This time also I will prepare my self and will appear again on screen but with a different persona," he conveys.

What kind of role are you looking out for? "I am looking out for challenging roles like of a physically challenged. I was recently watching an English movie'Door To Door' which has inspired me to such roles. I would also love to portray the role similar to that of Rajesh Khanna in the film Anand," he concludes.

Hope the producers are listening.

Stars shine till the show is on air

Tags:
        piyush

By Anonymous 11 Jul 2009 - 18:59
Print  Download  Email to friend   
Make font size smaller Make font size default Make font size larger

A page from the personal diary of Piyush Sahdev

If there is a profession in the world that is unsafe in terms of career, it has to be acting. I still remember that when I was called for the audition of Meet Mila De Rabba I was immediately selected and the channel told me that they were looking out for someone like me. But when the show was pulled off air I was very hurt because it was doing well.

After it went off air, I was a bit tense and insecure about my future. Earlier when I used to wake up in the morning I used to think what next? But then I realised that if you are talented you will surely achieve your aim. Currently I am just waiting for good offers to come my way and this can be a frustrating time for any actor. In order to stay focused and positive I am utilizing the time to shape up my body. I go to the gym, do yoga everyday because I think that a person is ready to fight only when he is fit.

Though talks are on with some production houses and people will surely watch me soon on the screen, you can't claim to be a part of any show until it starts shooting. I still remember that I was finalised for Jiya Jale after a three month long back and forth exercise. I had done my photo shoot and we had even started practicing for the show. Just before the actual shoot I got a call that the channel had roped some other actor in. Though the producers sided with me, they were helpless before the channel.

Stars shine till the show is on air. Once it goes off air the insecurity arises and you start doubting every promise made to you. I didn't go for the recently held TellyChakkar's New Talent awards because my show had gone off air and I didn't want to face queries like why did it go off air and all such awkward questions. Also I knew that I was not going to win any award though I was nominated because I had no show in my hand at that time and it would go to the actor whose show was still on air.

So far my career has taught me some very crucial and great lessons. Now I think that I won't get cheated again as I was some time back.

I would suggest that youngsters don't struggle unnecessarily. If you have a good job that earns you good money then don't leave that. Step in to acting only if you are very passionate about it.
Comments

http://hamaraphotos.com/bollywood/events-and-parties/piyush-sahdev-acute-synus-healed-and-he-promises-to-be-slave-to-his-love-of-his-life.html

Times Of India Article
http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-01-20/tv/30646737_1_role-show-policemen
Zee News
http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/idiotbox/piyush-sachdev-injured_105566.htm
TelleChakkar

http://www.tellychakkar.com/interviews/piyush-sahdev/marriage-happens-once-lifetime-
     Piyush sahdev
Interviews

Piyush Sahdev in Talk with Telly Tadka

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjUMJL34N1U

Tellechakkar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIyhMQ0IGpg

Timeswell Article
http://www.timeswellness.com/article/32/20120303201202221548539409a83075d/Piyush-Sachdev-Skipping-is-good-exercise.html

Another Times Of India Article on his marriage

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Wedding-bells-for-Piyush-Sahdev-Akangsha-Rawat/articleshow/13809424.cms

Tellychakkar article on his marriage
http://www.tellychakkar.com/news/piyush-sahdev-and-akangsha-rawat-tie-knot-25-june

-Mansi
Abhiya_kapi
Moon__LYT
Namratha
Arjoon.
Diyaloveskinny
Tarza
Khota_Sikka_sri

Edited by -Mansi - 11 years ago