"Talk to your parents"

madhoo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Hi,
I have been watching Gumrah since its first season and at the end of each episode, Karan always says that talk to your parents or some other elder and they'll help you.  In Tanvi and Aman's situtation, when Tanvi's parents found out about her pregancy, in a way "talked to her parents", her parents took a decision to get her married to Aman - to the father of her baby.  However, during the whole episode, Karan kept on saying that it was the wrong decision to get her married to the father of her child.  Dont get me wrong, I like Karan, but in this case, really Karan, you care to tell me what could've been the right decision then?  Oh here are some options that are available:
a) let Tanvi be a single mother - obviously that's definately not a right decision in India
b) abortion - it was too late for that
c) move to different city - how was that going to help the situation?
d) kill their daughter
e) abandon their daughter.

Karan Khundra, if you're reading this, I wouild really like to know what you think would've been the right decision for Tanvi and her child.  Please respond.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
Being a single mother may be an issue in some areas of India, but it is become more and more acceptable now. I would say that may have been the best option in this case.
madhoo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks Shreya!  I'm NRI and didn't know that being a single mother is becoming more acceptable in India now a days.  Regardless, it seems like Tanvi's parents didn't thought this was a good idea, so that's why I was wondering, so what would be the best way to handle the situation and how would that would've taught Aman (and all the boys in same situation) a lesson.  It can't be like, "yeah, it was fun and now you're pregnant, but I'm not taking the responsibility."  There has to be a law in India to teach these boys a lesson.  A girl should not be held 100% responsible for it. 

Karan, thanks for bringing these teen crimes to everyone's attention, but I would really like to know if Indian government is going to do anything about teen pregancy.  If there's already something about it, please do share.
Minionite thumbnail
I'm a NRI as well, but I have many friends in India who told me this.