Contestants mint bigg moolah

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Bigg Boss 6: Contestants mint bigg moolah

Reality shows are a cool way of making a quick buck and getting instant fame. This year, Bigg Boss might have turned family-oriented, but contestants are laughing their way to the bank.

Ex-cricketer Navjot Singh Sidhu gets Rs. 4 lakh per week while popular TV actors Urvashi Dholakia and 
Delnaaz Irani get Rs.2.5 lakh per week. Rajev Paul, Vrajesh Hirjee, Sayanti Ghosh and Aashka Goradia bag Rs. 2 lakh a week, while others like cartoonist Aseem Trivedi, Gulabi Gang vigilante Sampat Pal, models Karisma Kotak, Niketan Madhok and hairstylist Sapna Bhavani get between Rs. 1-2 lakh a week, claim industry sources. In addition, there are many others who also make a deal over a lump sum amount before going into the house. For every week that a celebrity stays in the house, they get a certain raise as well.

Industry sources claim that after last year's scare, when Akashdeep Saigal aka Sky Walker, threatened to walk out, the channel and production house have become more cautious. They have additional clauses in their contract which state that if a contestant wants to leave the show, she or he will have to pay the channel in amounts running into crores. This is insurance against participants who might form a group and decide to walk out, which would be disastrous for the show. 

When contacted, the channel spokesperson replied, "We do not reveal payment details of the celebrities."

Bigg Boss

Pamela Anderson in the Bigg Boss house
Pay checked
Foreign celebrities walk away with fatter pay cheques, like Baywatch star Pamela Anderson who got a whopping Rs. 2.5 crore for a three-day visit to the house. Among earlier contestants, wrestler Khali got Rs. 40-50 lakh per week while Shweta Tiwari was probably the highest paid Indian actor on the show, pocketing Rs. 5 lakh per week. Dolly Bindra made Rs. 2 lakh per week, and Pakistani actor Veena Malik was paid the same.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

crazy4fawad thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Yeh paycheques dekhkar..i suppose tyhey shud start making a BB for commoners too...

i wud defntly participate! 😉😉

i remember in UK...there is a Big Brother show..which has all commoners n goes on for 3 months...

and there is a celebrity big brother..in which celebs come in for 45 days..which is what shilpa shetty had pariticipated in.

I was there during that time and it was lot of fun..

the celebrity big brother is lot decent but the commoner wala toh poocho mat 🤪🤪🤪

India mein aisa show aa gaya toh ppl will b scandalised 🤪🤪🤪
Again already posted Shreya