Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Khushi. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Dexterkilaila

Nope not too much to be expected at all. If the same issue had been raised here in one of the American reality shows, it would be all over the news and the contestants would have been heavily berated. Such comments can be very offensive.  I'm not Bengali so I don't know if Bengalis were offended but if I were on TV, I'd never say such a thing even though I have quite a potty mouth on me. I'm not saying Aashka is racist, just that she was dumb enough to say such a thing. 

Oh well! In that case things differ here in India.😃
And I would just repeat this that there is just no question of Aashka being dumb or ignoring enough to repeat that statement because at that time she was just having a discussion and that statement was just a part of the "topic of discussion"😊
DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8

No not you, but let's not forget the Subcontinent is filled with countries where a little anti-race/anti-religion comment ends up causing strikes, curfews, communal riots, violence, death and so on. That recent YT film on Islam is one of the recent examples I can think of. You and me wouldn't be offended or create brouhaha over it in real lives because we could care less. But the layman does not think that way and all the past riots have proven how easy it is to start communal wars. So these celebs should know better than to say or repeat such things. 

OK. I like how you defended your answer. It was pretty convincing. But please help me understand this:

Why shouldn't Aashka speak her mind? Should she remain mute, just cuz the issue on hand may potentially enrage people belonging to a certain community? Everyone has the right to express their views, contempt, disgust, favoritism, etc over issues that revolve around and surround them.

It was a moment - a moment where the two poured their hearts out during that short conversation. I strongly feel Aashka has no malice in her heart is not responsible - BECAUSE - she could have easily exposed the other witch a long time ago. However, she kept her patience and remained quiet about it. It wasn't until Urvashi's revolt against the peace of the house that compelled Aashka to spill the beans. I believe she couldn't take her nonsense anymore and decided to be outspoken about it, albeit privately.

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: -Xaffron-

OK. I like how you defended your answer. It was pretty convincing. But please help me understand this:

Why shouldn't Aashka speak her mind? Should she remain mute, just cuz the issue on hand may potentially enrage people belonging to a certain community? Everyone has the right to express their views, contempt, disgust, favoritism, etc over issues that revolve around and surround them.

It was moment - a moment where the two poured their hearts out during that short conversation. I strongly feel Aashka has no malice in her heart is not responsible - BECAUSE - she could have easily exposed the other witch a long time ago. However, she kept her patience and remained quiet about it. It wasn't until Urvashi's revolt against the peace of the house that compelled Aashka to spill the beans. I believe she couldn't take her nonsense anymore and decided to be outspoken about it, albeit privately.

Of course she should speak her mind. She can wail, cry, bitch, cuss, moan about anyone with anyone for all I care...but like I said...one should really refrain from making anti-religion/anti-race comments when on camera. I don't have an issue with any of the politically incorrect statments made on TV except for ones that have to do with race and religion. Those things may not be important to me or you but they are to a lot of people so its better to exercise control in just that regard. 
DaddyMarvel thumbnail

Of course she should speak her mind. She can wail, cry, bitch, cuss, moan about anyone with anyone for all I care...but like I said...one should really refrain from making anti-religion/anti-race comments when on camera. I don't have an issue with any of the politically incorrect statments made on TV except for ones that have to do with race and religion. Those things may not be important to me or you but they are to a lot of people so its better to exercise control in just that regard. 

Fair enough!

So, finally, keeping Aashka aside, what's your take on Urvashi, now that a fragment of her real side has been exposed?

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: -Xaffron-

Fair enough!

So, finally, keeping Aashka aside, what's your take on Urvashi, now that a fragment of her real side has been exposed?

My take on Urvashi is pretty straightforward. She's the banshee of the house. Her wailing gives me migraine. ðŸ˜†
DaddyMarvel thumbnail

My take on Urvashi is pretty straightforward. She's the banshee of the house. Her wailing gives me migraine. ðŸ˜†

Yeah, she is! Isn't she? The woman can scream DRAMA at the drop a hat [5p coin, as per Vrajesh's analysis]. 😆
-Purva- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 5

I don't have an issue with any of the politically incorrect statments made on TV except for ones that have to do with race and religion. Those things may not be important to me or you but they are to a lot of people so its better to exercise control in just that regard. 

Of course these issues matter to you, and you are bringing American sentiments to Indian situations. I am from a generation when being Politically Correct was never an unwritten law as it is these days. These sentiments are alien to us.

We are people who are known as Gujjus and Maadus and Bongs and everyone south of Mumbai is Maddu (Madrasi).

Would want to get your opinion on the following thread:
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3248825