Being Politically Incorrect

-Purva- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
So this entire debate what BB said that Ashka said that Urvashi said about a particular community got me thinking.

Most people are upset at Aashka for having made that statement. Do we care to remember that what we are seeing is a snippet of a 5 minute conversation out of 24 hrs footage of the day spent by Delnaaz and Aashka?

Consider the mathematics - 14 participants, 24 hours - a total of 336 hours of footage captured from various angles by 55 cameras. And what do we get to see - 45 minutes.

Is it possible for all the participants to be politically correct all the waking and sleeping hours? Are we the same in real life? Aren't we placing too high an emphasis on a small conversation? (But that is precisely what this show forces us to do)

But the larger question in my mind - are we politically correct all the time? Is it even a desirable state of being?

I personally am extremely Politically Incorrect. Those who've interacted with me in some earlier fiery forums would attest to that.

My fav. current Politically Incorrect Statement - One should appreciate all North Indian Men, coz they are the closest to Nature. Having been born male - neither their parents, nor school, nor society has bothered to educate or civilize them. They are as close to nature as is possible - which is why you see all of them blowing their noses, peeing and spitting on the roads - irrespective of class and social standing.

Will I take back what I said? No. I say that to my friends, cousins and uncles; and if I can say it to them, I can say it to anyone.

How many of you are honestly Politically Incorrect in your personal lives (Men - it includes passing lewd/snide remarks at women around you)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Indeed! very nice topic... Completely agree wid u.. 👏
0o0o0o0o0o thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Its not ABOUT being politically incorrect --- but IMO - one should always be aware of CONSEQUENCES of his own statements  -- / @ and then ONE should NEVER generalize @@ === WHICH is what exactly URVASHI or AASHKA DID --- @@  

SINCE  URVASHI/ ASHKHA said it, this statement  will have no at adverse effect on anything ----or even what YOU Said about NORTH INDIAN males hardly matters ---------------- BUT take a hypothetical situation --- say SIDHU makes politically incorrect statement accusing a particular COMMUNITY / RELIGION --------now this carelessness might end up in big blunder for BJP or whatever Political PARTY he represents ------- / @@

Probably in your case --- if you use the word say " MOST north indian males " -- then it would not offend anyone ---but then here you end up GENERALIZING -- @@ so it does not come across as a UNIVERSAL TRUTH _ @

I have no PROBLEMS being politically INCORRECT --- but that doesn't give anyone privilege to say anything OFFENDING to others --- We got to USE correct words while making such statements specially when you are on CAMERA -- @@  

URvashi or AASHKA --- could have said  simply something like " In my opinion - or - the bengalis that I have come across were not trustworthy" == @@  That sounds politically incorrect and  YET it does not HURT anyone -- @ =

-Purva- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 5
But that's precisely my point - when one is surrounded by cameras 24x7 one tends to forget their existence. The sole exception has been Delnaaz, so far I haven't seen anyone else so self-conscious about it, not even Veena.

Moreover it is impossible for anyone to be politically correct all the time. We ourselves aren't in our personal lives. We all have prejudices and hangups - be they racial, religious, social or political. So why demand something impossible from the BB inmates.

Also I could make an exception to my inner circle and say "Most ..." but I don't meaning very clearly that I'm condemning them too. Like I said I AM Politically Incorrect. 
DianaPrince thumbnail
Originally posted by: --GODFATHER--

Its not ABOUT being politically incorrect --- but IMO - one should always be aware of CONSEQUENCES of his own statements -- / @ and then ONE should NEVER generalize @@ === WHICH is what exactly URVASHI or AASHKA DID --- @@ SINCE URVASHI/ ASHKHA said it, this statement will have no at adverse effect on anything ----or even what YOU Said about NORTH INDIAN males hardly matters ---------------- BUT take a hypothetical situation --- say SIDHU makes politically incorrect statement accusing a particular COMMUNITY / RELIGION --------now this carelessness might end up in big blunder for BJP or whatever Political PARTY he represents ------- / @@ Probably in your case --- if you use the word say " MOST north indian males " -- then it would not offend anyone ---but then here you end up GENERALIZING -- @@ so it does not come across as a UNIVERSAL TRUTH _ @ I have no PROBLEMS being politically INCORRECT --- but that doesn't give anyone privilege to say anything OFFENDING to others --- We got to USE correct words while making such statements specially when you are on CAMERA -- @@ URvashi or AASHKA --- could have said simply something like " In my opinion - or - the bengalis that I have come across were not trustworthy" == @@ That sounds politically incorrect and YET it does not HURT anyone -- @ =

agreed...ditto

she should know that she is on national television.
If she had a problem with someone she could hated named her not hate the whole community.
This statement might hurt others even he it is a show or game.
0o0o0o0o0o thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Chitrashi --- WELL yes agreed about 24 X7 CAMERA ----but somewhere I always feel that most of the TIMES these folks are aware of CAMERA and how they are PORTRAYED on TV  -- / @

See - making a informal / politically incorrect STATEMENT about anyone (be it specific region or religion) is FINE as long as you are with your OWN inner circle of FRIENDS and it happens everywhere -------@ But IMAGINE, if you were sent on a SHOW where you are living with STRANGERS  for 90 days, would you be politically incorrect with them ? NO --- Its not easy to make friends on the SHOW with who you can TRUST _@ / -

ALSO ---though they are 24x7 on camera ----they can't be REAL all the time ---@ REASON ?  FOR every contestant, its not just a SHOW but its a THEIR WORK --- They are being paid for everything they DO. @  LIKE , if are at work or office, WE  try to be little POLITICALLY correct right ?  ----so SIMILARLY for big boss participants this house is their workplace or OFFICE ---so they of course aware of everything --and there REMUNERATION is directly tied to the duration that they stay IN @ They are well aware that THEY GOT make BIG BUCKS ----@ .-

I still have to see a REAL and GENUINE participant -----other than BUNTY CHOR @ -= 😆

Its impossible to be politically correct 24/7 with so many issues all around us. Sometimes we won't even realize that what we said was insensitive until we later think back and realize "Ouch It might have hurt someone".
Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
I am not politically correct at all except when it comes to race and religion. I am an atheist but you won't find me dissing God and other people's religion at every chance. You won't find me dissing other people's race either. That however does not negate the fact that I have a potty mouth on me. Can I diss God and religion? Yes I can. Why shouldn't I? After all, I don't believe in those concepts so why should I give a shit. But should I? Nope because a lot of people around the world heavily invest in those concepts. Keeping that in mind, IF I were a celeb and I were to go on camera and start dishing out condescending views about people's religious beliefs or their race, it would hurt, enrage them and might even spark a riot. Who knows?! These things have happened in the past and even recently, so they are not as far fetched as people would like to believe. 

Similarly, yes big boss is a reality show and yes the cameras are following the contestants every second and yes it is indeed hard to be politically correct 24/7. HOWEVER, expecting the contestants to NOT make anti-religion/anti-race comments on the show isn't asking for too much.

No one is asking the contestants to laud and be friendly to each other 24/7. I'm certainly not. Sure, by all means, fight it out, bitch about each other, mock each other, cuss each other out, cry your hearts out. Who gives a shit? Its a reality show for hell's sake...that's what its meant for. However, don't bring race and religion into it because that can and has caused issues in the past. That is my ONLY bone of contention. 

Just because I have nothing against politically incorrect people does not mean all forms of political incorrectness is justified. Could you go to a religious place and start berating religion? Sure, you could. But should you is the question here. 
DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
I don't remember the last time ever that I was politically incorrect. If I do, however, pass any politically incorrect statements, please shove them down my throat right away.

I am open to criticism. 😆

P. S.: I don't guarantee their acceptance or denial. 😆
I do not think it's fair to compare our day to day life to that to these Celebs who are in the house surrounded by multiple cameras day in and out.

These celebs know of this before hand and they definitely are conscious on how they are being projected. Yes it's natural that sometimes they might lose track of it and start saying anything and everything. But being on the public platform of a National Television, they should be responsible for their speech and actions. Comparing some judgmental comments made by some random stranger on the street isn't one and the same as that of these Celebs.

Housemates have their freedom of speech, but at the same time so do we. These celebs are what they are because of the audience and that audience include all sorts of people from various backgrounds. So if they are ready to make such silly statements, they should be ready to face the wrath of public.

Again, it doesn't matter who said it, but the fact that someone did and it is being said in a casual fashion is something immature and stupid. People like them are held responsible for the things that come outta their mouth. If they won't be politically correct, then they should be ready to face the consequences, as simple as that.
Edited by -Chandramukhi- - 11 years ago