Education gives girls a purpose to live!

-Dee- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
The right to education is a fundamental Human right enforced by the UN charter as well. So when incidents or rather a blasphemous accident occurs like the one with Malala Yusoufzai and no one speaks up for those girls who remain uneducated, What happens? Don't the girls in rebellious areas like the SWAT valley too have a right? Does anyone even the authority has a right to take away such basic needs of life. Education helps to prosper - it never inhibits growth. Education doesn't make a girl over ambitious, it sometimes just gives her purpose to live and not just survive. Discuss! 😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Forever-KA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I just do not see education as a boys or girls issue. Everyone should get education regardless of a reason, purpose or a means. It opens your mind and makes you a better person though it also does not mean that those who do not get education are any less. It is just that education probably brings the best out of each individual.

If a guy can be ambitious why can't a girl be ambitious also? Everyone has their own aims and ambitions and dreams in life. If girls want to do something for themselves then let them do it. Why should it matter to me or anyone? If one does not like girls getting education then they should keep their views to themselves. Such a mindset reflects insecurity more than anything.

The incident you mentioned is much much deeper than just about education of girls. It is highly complex and complicated political issue. I am in no mood of discussing that serious issue. lol. However we should all pray and wish that little girl. She is doing better so that's a great news.
Edited by King-Anu - 11 years ago
-Dee- thumbnail
^^I agree with you.. education is meant for all regardless of anything. However, I think it really is male-chauvinism and gender-bias  when a girl is made to give up her share of literacy to educate a boy or when people say what is she going to do by studying ultimately she has to land up as a wife to a husband..I am trying to convey that point 😆

I used Malala's case just as an example - The topic is vast and the girl's persistence of being educated a small aspect of the ocean wide debate the incident has sparked - but in the end the spark did start because she wants her education at any cost. And thank God, she is recovering! 
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

I think education should be compulsory and all those kids hanging around on the streets should be forcibly made to study !
Also lock up those kids below 21 yrs who smoke !
😆
-Dee- thumbnail
^^ Primary education is compulsory in India.. and once they pass 4th standard they become street children and most of the times the administration fails to enforce such vital rules. 

And regarding smoking - even smoking in public places is banned. If the public doesn't follow the law I'd say steps should be taken to enforce them. 
Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Educations is a thing that should be made available to each human out there. No matter whether boy or girl. Education makes one aware of the vast world there is, of all the things there is. It expands the horizon of thoughts. As the say knowledge is power.

Yes, there are many people who think girls should not be educated, but that's just bad thinking. They think women don't need to do anything other than household work so they don't need it. But that is wrong. One can be housewife, that is a woman's own decision, but still knowledge doesn't hurt. Knowing things, even if you don't get to experience them first hand, improves perspective. Many oppose educating women because an educated person questions. They demand and recognize wrong from right. And that's what some people don't want, to empower women. That's why statements like "Isliye padhaya tha ki haath se nikal jao" exist. Educated people form their own thoughts and people who want children to blindly follow their wishes don't like it.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I agree with the points raised in this thread. I'm all for equality in education, employment and all sorts of opportunities. But the title is a tad extreme don't you think. I mean even if they don't get an education, girls still have a purpose and importance.

-Dee- thumbnail
^^Now that you say..I agree. The title is extreme. I meant to say that education gives girls a meaningful purpose in life because otherwise, they really have to depend on others if they aren't skillful enough!
Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Well, yeah title seems a little carried off. It gives her support to go on. But she can have purpose without education too. ðŸ˜Š
-Dee- thumbnail
^^So should I change it or leave it as it is??