Ambrosia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 17 years ago
Queen Khan of TV
Farhana Farook
Sunday, July 02, 2006  18:46 IST

The ebony-complexioned Rakshanda Khan has had a long innings. From modelling to anchoring to acting, Rakshanda has juggled all with ease.

Rakshanda's range: The literature graduate says, "I guess I have been luckier than the rest. I like interacting with audiences so I was able to anchor shows ('Jodee Kamal Ki'). Acting happened by default. I was lucky to be part of the most popular shows, 'Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin' (Sony) and 'Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' (Star Plus). If I am playing the positive bahu Tanya in 'Kyunkii…' I am off-setting it with an all-evil Roshni in 'Kasamh Se' (Zee) today," she says. She continues, "Playing good gets boring, bad girls add spice!"

Coming back to 'Jassi', her charcater as the glam Mallika had grey shades in a scenario dominated by the black and white. Rakshanda says  self-effacingly, "The credit goes to the writers who did not make Mallika uni-dimensional. Also the saris that I got complimented for were designer Satya Paul's drapes."

You comment on the actor's chaste diction and Rakshanda  credits her parents for this asset. She says, "They spoke beautiful Urdu. I imbibed it from them."

Rakshanda's rules: The actor went plucky when she recently set work deadlines in an otherwise erratic industry. She states, "Had I not set this 9 am to 9 pm deadline, I would have landed in hospital. When you cannot enjoy life after working so hard, it all seems pointless. I learnt to be disciplined during my modelling days from designer Hemant Trivedi, who's a stickler for punctuality." She adds, "It's more difficult to maintain success than to achieve it."

Rakshanda's rejuvenation: The actor also reveals her beat-stress mantra. She says, "I follow the '3 Fs' formula. I scream at my family, hang out with my friends and watch films and more films!"

For someone who fits the conventional beauty bill, Rakshanda looks for the unconventional in her man, "When you are in college you search for the tall, dark and handsome. But eventually you realize that compatibility and respect are a must. I'd want somebody who takes me for who I am and not just as a trophy!"

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mishubaa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
thanx for sharing
yup! she is lucky to ahve gotten diff types of roles 😛
cia khan thumbnail