ChiggyWiggy thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Here are my 2 cents on this task.

BB6 has presented itself as a platform which also raises awareness for social,cultural, environmental,economic,political issues by bringing in personalities and celebrities who have achieved some fair amount of recognition for their work for such causes.

But the water tank balancing task is something that is more on the side for wastage of water. Even though there are pipes and tubs to take care of it, there is a lot of water wastage. We live in a country where there is an actual dearth of potable drinking water and people have to walk miles to get some drinking water. We've seen the water crisis some parts of the country have faced in this summer.

Last season, the BB5 episodes highlighted the bicycle task where a bicycle needed to be pedalled consistently that made the lamp post light up in the end. It brought up alternate energy ideas to people.

In the times, when people have started to resort to minimizing celebrations during festivals like Holi by keeping it water-free to prevent water wastage, I would request producers/creators of such shows to avoid showcasing such displays of water, food or energy wastage in future.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DianaPrince thumbnail
πŸ‘
nice post, i am not understanding why such a task is assigned which involves wastage of water.what is the purpose or aim of it πŸ˜•
crazy4fawad thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Good Post!πŸ‘
agree on this...in one of the previous seasons..they had reprimanded pravesh rana when he threw veggies in pool...
whats the difference between that act and now this water wastage! the only diffrnc being pravesn vented out his anger / frustation and here it is a Task.
Nonetheless...Total wastage...
hope BB6 team reads this and makes a note of it!
Shayu. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
hey this thought had come in my mind also...now here it is...yes that was really sad to watch those kinda task...kitna paani waste karwaya BB ne
Khushi. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ChiggyWiggy

BB6 has presented itself as a platform which also raises awareness for social,cultural, environmental,economic,political issues by bringing in personalities and celebrities who have achieved some fair amount of recognition for their work for such causes.

But the water tank balancing task is something that is more on the side for wastage of water. Even though there are pipes and tubs to take care of it, there is a lot of water wastage. We live in a country where there is an actual dearth of potable drinking water and people have to walk miles to get some drinking water. We've seen the water crisis some parts of the country have faced in this summer.

Last season, the BB5 episodes highlighted the bicycle task where a bicycle needed to be pedalled consistently that made the lamp post light up in the end. It brought up alternate energy ideas to people.

In the times, when people have started to resort to minimizing celebrations during festivals like Holi by keeping it water-free to prevent water wastage, I would request producers/creators of such shows to avoid showcasing such displays of water, food or energy wastage in future.

Very well saidπŸ‘
I also agree on thisπŸ˜ƒ
DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: ChiggyWiggy

Very appreciative thoughts there, CW. As I sat watching the show my family last night, I'd raised a point over the silly plastic tub underneath the bigger tanker that hung on the other side of the scale. It's no surprise that the plastic tub underneath the plastic tanker served no purpose at all as the perforations on the tanker allowed the water to spout profusely in various directions. I agree with your points that the show producers are obligated to a certain level of social responsibility toward the society they reside in.

Very good post. I appreciate your thoughts.
lkymeme thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
its nt first time i hope u guyz remember the tomato task in season 5 i really felt bad i mean bigg boss give punishment to vina malik for dancing on the table i mean bigg boss respect the table bt nt the food dosent make sense to me  πŸ€”