TOI: TV Producer Gajendra Singh arrested for fraud

Anondo.R thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Thursday night proved to be very costly for TV producer Gajendra Singh, as he was arrested by the Mumbai police on charges of fraud filed against him in Kanpur.

According to reports, Gajendra Singh was arrested on charges of not attending a Kanpur court hearing for a case of cheating filed against
him last year. Singh had been accused of cheating a man in Kanpur of money and non-payment, who had filed a case against Gajendra in the
Kanpur court. Following the complaint the court had been issuing Singh repeated summons which he failed to attend. The court took cognisance
of it and issued a non-bailable warrant against Singh following which he was arrested by the Versova Police in Mumbai late last night. The
Versova police arrested Singh with the help of Kanpur Police under IPC section 420.

The constable on duty at the Versova police station confirmed Singh's detention and told us, "Yes, we have arrested him on Thursday night
and investigations are going on. He is in our custody but apart from this, we can't give you any other information."

On Friday Singh was taken to Andheri Court, Mumbai to obtain the transit remand. He will be brought to Kanpur on Saturday and shall be
produced in the Kanpur Court (Holiday Court) or on Monday for custody.

Meanwhile DIG Kanpur Amitabh Yash, told us, "Although I haven't heard about this, but I will definitely find out the details of this. Sometimes it so happens, especially in cases like these, that the court itself takes action and arrests the accused. It's only later when they are brought on remand that we get involved." Gajendra was once touted as the originator of music talent hunt and reality shows. He has produced and directed shows like Antakshari, Zee Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, Music ka Maha Muqabala, Voice of India I & II, Chotte Ustaad among others. The on-air Indo-Pak reality show Surkshetra is also produced and directed by Singh. However, when contacted Saaibaba Telefilms, Singh's TV production house, refused to comment on the matter. In the past also Singh had been arrested in 2010, for a complaint filed by singer Rahul Vaidya for non-payment.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/TV-Producer-Gajendra-Singh-arrested-for-fraud/articleshow/16696916.cms

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

🤣

gajbaba toh corrupt nikle 😆
haya20 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
money is what counts these days...espicially with rich people ..the richer they are the more greedy they become😕 ...sorry if i offended the rich people of this forumEdited by haya20 - 11 years ago
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
So what is new. The man took millions of people thru cleaners during c-2005.   Rest is history

Only a huge credit to him is for him allowing a platform for talent to showcase itself.  But did take viewers thru cleaners.  Brought huge regionalism on tv to fill his pockets with vote money.  Naive emotional people all fell for it.

Oh we'll.  karmon ka Ghada shayad bhar Gaya
Edited by Dabulls23 - 11 years ago
Snigdha_Khanam thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
🤣🤣Today international rofling day for me😆
anaad thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Snigdhakhanam

🤣🤣Today international rofling day for me😆

hmmm...🤓