A Big Thank You to Jhalak 5's 3 WILDCARD ENTRIES!

PrincessSJB thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
All my life, I have been a champion of whatever is true, right and just and I am not going to stop now - there have been a lot of disrespectful comments about Jhalak's 3 Wildcard entries in the show which have encouraged me to write this - so here goes:

AN OPEN MESSAGE FOR THE 3 WILDCARD ENTRIES IN JHALAK 5

1.    Rithvik Dhanjani
2.    Rashmi Desai-Sandhu
3.    Karan Wahi

All 3 of you take a bow and I, for one (and I know there are numerous others) want to give you a standing ovation. 

Why?  Let me tell you why - for you were brought into the show after fair and square auditions giving fantastic "dance" performances at a time when the show needed you the most when as my information tells me the show was not getting the required recognition/TRPs that they thought the likes of Gurmeet Choudhary, Isha Shervani (wow what a talent she was (entitled to my opinion) and I pray that her injuries heal soon) and probably a few other contestants would bring. 

You 3 came into the show after the others had already taken their baby steps and most of the existing contestants were ahead of the beginner's stage.  I want to publicly recognize that it was not at an easy point in the show for the 3 of you to become part of it because you did not have the time to take baby steps - you had to come in as full-grown "dancers" and meet the challenges head on by giving performances on par with or better than the other contestants who were already established in the show or else be eliminated and you 3 started off with amazing audition "dances" to begin with.  I will say again publicly, the entrance of all 3 of you lit up the Jhalak "dance" stage once again with full-on dancing (not theatrics, acting, acrobats or martial arts) after a very long time and that "dance" stage was never dull ever since.

At that time nobody cried foul (at least not publicly), none of the existing contestants and especially not the 2 co-hosts, Manish Paul and Ragini Khanna but then to their amazement and surprise (I cannot understand why) when 2 amazing and fabulous wildcard entries, Rithvik and Rashmi got into the Semi-Finals/Grand Finale and I dare say that Karan Wahi is also talented enough of a dancer and could very well have been a part of that (you can only imagine 3 wildcard entries in the Grand Finale - mass pandemonium) then tongues started to wag.   Now the daggers, figuratively speaking, all came out to my utter shock and distress.  Why, because now your talents were used and were now being abused (might be a strong word) but definitely disrespected.  For the show had not ended yet but with a reckless disregard of what their words would mean to the 2 wildcard entries or to potential voters, Ragini Khanna was out there in an article expressing how Gurmeet should win because he was there from day 1, Manish Paul in the dressing room said the same thing to a reporter (are hosts and co-hosts permitted to speak out like this, especially before a show is over) and other eliminated contestants too joined that chorus and the word used by Ravi Kissen (twice in the dressing room and on stage) was Gurmeet has the "huq"/the "right" to win - wow that really threw me for a loop for in my opinion, nobody has the huq/right to anything that is performance based. 

In other words, if I am an employee that joined a company first and someone who came after me was performing better in his job and an award/prize is being given out at the end, should it really be my "huq"/my "right" to the prize at the end of the rainbow when another person's hard work and achievement was far superior - definitely not!  Please think before talking and don't make the wildcard entries feel bad or insufficient - they did not demand to be on the show and neither did they just walk on to the stage - they came into the show fair and square with fabulous performances and the time to talk indirectly or preferably directly about their entry being "unfair" was then, at the outset and definitely not before the finale.  This was the limit for me to see and hear their sheer rudeness, lack of appreciation and malice of thought.

I am a viewer from North America who could not cast a single vote from where I am and I was watching an Indian Reality Show for the first time ever and it is my last time especially after what happened when Colors declared that only Indian votes would be counted for the Finale/Grand Finale - I saw and read postings of how countless overseas fans of a certain finalist circumvented the system and voted on the Indian server as if they were in India when they were not and also gave their numerous foreign ids to people in India to vote as if they were in India and voted there - which is fraudulent to say the least leave aside being morally and ethically wrong - what a farce of a show Jhalak 5 ended up being.  If I could have voted (being a dancer and singer myself), my vote would have only been based on the best dancer of the day, because the gimmicks and stunts would be nullified in my eyes - one does not need all that if he/she can dance and from what I saw of all the performances, my choice would have been Rithvik all the way.  The amount of dance he has in his little finger some of the others don't have in their entire body (no disrespect intended, just the hard facts and plain truths).

Actually, come to think of it, Rithvik was the only contestant who got the most praises from the likes of Ronit Bose Roy (online) and Bollywood e.g. Kareena Kapoor, Ranbir Kapoor, Rani Mukherji and being compared to Hrithik Roshan twice is no small feat.  I am sure in their eyes and the eyes of countless others at the Semi-Finals/Grand Finale Rithvik was the true winner of the "Dance" component of the Competition and not the "Popularity" component of the Competition. When Rithvik dances his face lights up and he exudes such grace and sheer joy - a kodak camera moment so to speak and a thrill to watch.

Rithvik Dhanjani is the complete package for Bollywood - he has the looks, the talent and last but not least to be a Bollywood hero, he sure needs to know how to dance and boy does he ever know how to dance!  In fact, watching Rithvik perform was such a pleasure - I always had a smile on my face, was riveted to the screen and actually wanted to start dancing once again.

Rithvik, greater, bigger and better things await you I am sure of that.  As the saying goes, nothing ventured nothing gained - you ventured into Jhalak and in my opinion there is much you will gain for this was a window for you to showcase your immense talents and you will succeed, I will pray for you when I pray for my 2 sons. Please stay the humble, genuine and kind person you appear to be no matter the heights you reach.  You have done your parents and all who recognize your immense talents proud, so take a bow young man!  

As an aside, Honourable mention to Karan Johar - what a surprise package and what a pleasure to watch - in fact, I can honestly say, his moves and hand/eye co-ordination and facial expressions were better than some of the contestants in the show (no disrespect intended, just the hard facts and plain truths).
Edited by PrincessSJB - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

style14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Lovely post dear... A big thank you for the wild cards for making Jhalak such an enjoyable journey.
sweeti_cutie thumbnail
thanks a lot dear im also the oversea fan and cant vote rithvik is an ultimate winner for me despite of not winning the title he has won the trillions of hearts i started watching jhalak after rithvik entered
it was a treat watching his performance i will miss his dance really
he will surely get what he deserves and he deserves some thing very big much bigger than jhalak
best of luck for your bright future
PrincessSJB thumbnail

Style 14 and sweeti_cutie, you are both most welcome.

jesi15 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Jhalak Dikhilaza entertaing show. I love it
PrincessSJB thumbnail
Minarva.panda:  You are most welcome.
rukhsar.crazy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
love KW <3 <3 <3 ❤️ 
lovely post
tastahnin thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
yup ...the 3 WC entries really made the show more entertaining... i wish they had been in the show from beginning...then it would have been a fair competition...
Sharpay.Evans thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Ritwik and Isha were my favourites!! And all the wildcard entries were fab!! But I think tht they didnt win coz Gurmeet was frm day 1 and these guys joined frm the 7th week :'(

Ritwik's footwork and facial expressions remind me of Hritik and Govinda(that actor is a fabulous dancer..chk out his songs with Karishma Kapoor!!) and Isha was toh...I don't have words to describe her!!
-Gauri
.Sumi. thumbnail
Nice post dear...we gotta watch RD & Rashmi...thnx for tat Colors