Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Enycedoll

I know. My fav movie. She killed it, 

Lataji killed tht idiotic movie called...mujhse dosti karoge.???...arre the gobhi ke parathe killed it...not lataji...Lataji atleast made the movie bearable among all those gobhi parathas...
0o0o0o0o0o thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nishita123

No one is denying that Lata ji is a great singer. Lata ji is a living legend.  But She is in her 80s now. Aging is clearly shown in her voice. Her voice is strained /shaking and breahing problem. Its not unfair to think that she may not be able to do justice to song. Does not mean she is not given respect.

YEP -- @@ I think probally they mutually DECIDED this. It is too stressful FOR her to SING at the age of 80 for a mainstream cinema -- // @  I am sure THEY respect her for all her work in their past MOVIES - @@ ./ Everyone should RETIRE at the RIGHT age .  Sachin TENdulkar? Are you listening to THIS ? πŸ˜’ @

No one is denying that Lata ji is a great singer. Lata ji is a living legend.  But She is in her 80s now. Aging is clearly shown in her voice. Her voice is strained /shaking and breahing problem. Its not unfair to think that she may not be able to do justice to song. Does not mean she is not given respect.

I didn't hear about all this...last i heard she considered herself fine to keep singing...and as far as shaking and straining of voice is concerned...then technology has always blessed the best of singers till date...so can't it provide a little help to her. She can still sing beautifully...and she doesn't need a YASHRAJ anyways 
Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: --GODFATHER--

YEP -- @@ I think probally they mutually DECIDED this. It is too stressful FOR her to SING at the age of 80 for a mainstream cinema -- // @  I am sure THEY respect her for all her work in their past MOVIES - @@ ./ Everyone should RETIRE at the RIGHT age .  Sachin TENdulkar? Are you listening to THIS ? πŸ˜’ @

Thats the point. Otherwise we would have Sachin playing in the team till his 70s...making no runs πŸ˜•
Nishita123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nitu_TheTwisted

I didn't hear about all this...last i heard she considered herself fine to keep singing...and as far as shaking and straining of voice is concerned...then technology has always blessed the best of singers till date...so can't it provide a little help to her. She can still sing beautifully...and she doesn't need a YASHRAJ anyways 

Yeah if you hear her " O sajna barkha bahaar aayi" from 1960s ( just an example, or any other song from  that time - 60s, 70s,  )  and if you hear her Veer Zara song you can notice the difference :) 
Edited by Nishita123 - 11 years ago
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

MY GOD!

take it easy you guys, every one has an opinion. If some people dont think her voice is still young and fresh any more, it is their opinion, Lets not get all defensive here. 

and yes i stand by my opinion. Her voice was annoying in MDK, but that does not mean there weren't other flaws in the movie. The movie was terrible but lata's voice was not a saving grace either and again strictly my opinion! 

Edited by koiza.k - 11 years ago

Yeah if you hear her " O sajna barkha bahaar aayi" from 1960s and if you hear her Veer Zara song you can notice the difference :) 

the difference would be obvious becoz no female singer has sung so many songs...infact lataji's job was tough as she had to sing more classical songs..countless of them. today is there any challenge left for shreya or sunidhi. sunidhi has a great voice but she has waster her entire career singing mindless numbers and the same goes with shreya. 

coming back to the topic. Lata ji is still fine to sing in films...i am sure Rahman will get her for a song...but she would defintely sing...that i am sure of..doesn't care if she doesn't sing in this film. she didn't sing in rab ne bana di jodi either. 
Nishita123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nitu_TheTwisted

the difference would be obvious becoz no female singer has sung so many songs...infact lataji's job was tough as she had to sing more classical songs..countless of them. today is there any challenge left for shreya or sunidhi. sunidhi has a great voice but she has waster her entire career singing mindless numbers and the same goes with shreya. 

coming back to the topic. Lata ji is still fine to sing in films...i am sure Rahman will get her for a song...but she would defintely sing...that i am sure of..doesn't care if she doesn't sing in this film. she didn't sing in rab ne bana di jodi either. 

Okay I guess we just have to agree to disagree :)
With due respect to her, I think she is too old to sing in films now and it does reflect in her singing :)

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
So its not OK for Lataji to sing because she is old now..her voice is not fit for singing...πŸ€”
And its OK for Katrina to be in the movies although the wooden plank can't act...πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

How about we send kat packing back to where she came from...

And one thing more...of course lataji's voice won't suit Kat...Lataji speaks perfect Hindi..Kat probably needs Rihana to sing for herπŸ˜†
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

i think play back singers are specifically hired for singing. They dont have other things to do such as look good, have chemistry with their co-stars etc and the movie does not necessarily sell on their names 

but with the star cast its a different thing altogether!

if this is the case then i am sure ameesha patel, hema malini, sonam kapoor, katrina kaif, aishwarya rai and so many more of these whose claim to fame has been anything but acting would never have existed! 

singers are known and paid solely for singing especially play back singer which i think lata is so if her voice is old enough to not sound fresh that is justified, she cannot make it up by looking good or having a good chemistry with the hero etc which a heroine of the movie can!

Edited by koiza.k - 11 years ago