Shopaholic V/S Workaholic ~ Thread 2

ShikhaKhushi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
THREAD II

Prologue

Khushi yawned. This presentation was really boring. She looked at her fingernails. God! They really needed a manicure, especially after she had practically eaten them up the previous night. In fact, she had been very, very late on the deadline her boss had given her to submit that article on the hike in petrol prices.

She slid her eyes to the woman who was giving the presentation. She was obviously talking about some important figures but Khushi paid no attention to the words. She was more captivated by the woman's appearance. Her sleek hair was twisted up in an elegant way and she wore too much make-up. Her suit was quite boring. Too conservative. Too sober. She should have played with the colours. Khushi prided on her great fashion sense. She dusted her knee-length black pencil skirt (Juicy Couture) ' which she had paired with a matching Juicy Couture jacket, a shocking pink Prada shirt, a white Hermes scarf with pale pink motifs and finally pale grey suede moccasins by Gucci ' for invisible dust, as she allowed her gaze to shift to the woman's shoes.

He Devi Maiyya! Her Shoes!

They were awesome! The latest Jimmy Choo's, in the softest calfskin ever. Black and they were wedge heels. Khushi loved high wedge heels!

"Maybe I'll buy them too once I've finished over here. No! Don't even think about it! Remember the Denny and George scarf? You need it, right? Remember its velvety silkiness... the dark red background, with its slightly lighter coloured designs and creamy embroidery and tiny white beads? That's what you'll buy! Because that's what you need!" she chanted to herself.

"But the shoes?" a small voice in her head squeaked.

Her face crumpled miserably as she shut away that voice in a corner and tried to concentrate more on the presentation. Oh God! Please! Not those boring figures again! Khushi sighed, grabbing her pen to doodle absent-mindedly on the writing pad before her.

From time to time, she looked around to check if anyone had seen her, which she doubted. Surprisingly, the first time itself, she collided with a dark gaze across the table. The owner of those incredible eyes sat at the front, right near the projector. His face seemed familiar. His jaws and chin were dusted with day-old stubble, his hair was gelled and perfectly combed in place and he had the most amazing eyes she'd ever seen. Like nice, hot black coffee. He was wearing a black Armani three-piece suit and man! He looked good! He even made the suit look great on him.

But from the expression on his face, he did not seem to be very friendly. God, no! Not even remotely pleasant. In fact, he looked arrogant and angry. Khushi held his gaze defiantly but he refused to look away. Who the hell was he? She was sure she had seen him somewhere. She shrugged. Who cares? Once this conference was over, she'd leave. She needed that scarf too. she wondered why Jeff had sent her there. Punishment for her lateness? She had not been that late, had she? No, it couldn't have been. Maybe just day or two. Ok, it had been a week. Or was a couple?

Never mind. She picked up her pen and went on with her doodling, her tongue sticking out a bit.hen the lights came back on, tore off the page from the pad and stuffed it in her Prada handbag, lovingly caressing her crocodile leather skin leather. The guy who had been watching her earlier stood up and went to the mike.

"Thank you, ladies and gentlemen, for attending this conference with AR Communications. Our client, Mr Mendosa, has just told me there were a few points on the Section Five of our presentation that were not clear enough. Fortunately, I did notice a particular person who seemed to pay quite a lot of attention and appear quite interested in the information provided by Mrs Ruling. I hope that person would not mind clarifying these points for us."

Khushi snorted. Someone had even paid attention? To this boring lecture? She craned her neck to look around the room. Who was that stupid, dumb person?

"Miss Gupta? Would you do us the honour?"

~~~~~~~~

Index: afistfulofcoloursarshiffindex.blogspot.com
[One thing! I don't PM. If you want to be notified when I update, please PM me you email address or send me an email at [email protected]]

~~~~~~~~~

Edited by ShikhaKhushi - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

peepli thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 7
congo on the new thread.. love this ff.. and adore the adorably shopaholic khushi..😆...Edited by peepli - 11 years ago
chotte097 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
congrats on the new thread...loved the ff.
Koeli thumbnail
Oh shikha I just adore this piece of work.
A very light hearted and a lovely story
Very different characterization of aranv and khush
Keep it up and do hyperlink chap 9 to 15 please
Keep ot up and all the best
207shikha thumbnail
heya..!! congratulations..!!! ðŸ¥³
for your new thread.! so excited to read the upcoming chapters.
infiresmayn thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
EEEP! Congratulations for the new thread!! 😃 🥳

Looking forward to the next update! 😃
ShikhaKhushi thumbnail

--Removed--

Edited by ShikhaKhushi - 11 years ago
Koeli thumbnail
Shikha post the characters below your index please and change khushi's pic. give a much more modern pic of sanaya.
just a suggestion
Edited by Appy_Indy - 11 years ago
ShikhaKhushi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Appy_Indy

Shikha post the characters below your index please and change khushi's pic. give a much more modern pic of sanaya.

just a suggestion

Better?
debby_11 thumbnail
Oh i just loved all the 16 parts...its seriously a very interesting ff..very beautifully executed and its really very cute...do pm me when u update :)