dolly1000 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Kareena Kapoor : Bollywood's Desdemona
24th June 2006  16.25 IST
By ApunKaChoice Bureau  

Kareena Kapoor plays the Indianized Desdemona in Vishal Bhardwaj's movie Omkara .

Kareena says her role in 'Omkara', an adaptation of Shakespeare's 'Othello', has pushed her acting limits to a new high. Vishal Bhardwaj has cast Kareena as a small-town girl Dolly Mishra who marries a powerful outlaw Omi (played by Ajay Devgan ). Kareena's look in the film is de-glamorized. And she shot for her scenes at real locations in the small towns of Uttar Pradesh.

In an interview, Kareena says Bhardwaj's unique working style took her acting to another level.

"Working with Vishal and the team of 'Omkara' was a pleasurable experience. His unique working style is going to take me to another level. Playing the character of Desdemona has been my most challenging experience as an actress," Kareena is quoted as saying.

Kareena added that 'Omkara' is one of the few movies that have given her creative satisfaction.

"There are very few roles that have given me satisfaction - Refugee , Asoka , Chameli , Yuva and now 'Omkara'. I myself can't believe what I have done here," she said.

'Omkara' also stars Saif Ali Khan , Vivek Oberoi and Konkana Sen . The film will hit the theatres by July end.
Edited by dolly1000 - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Prometheus. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 17 years ago
yaar her acting has improved a lot i think over the last year or so im staring to like her