What’s Shyamlee doing in Vaidehi?

sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 17 years ago
What's Shyamlee doing in Vaidehi?

Actress Snigdha Akolkar gives exclusive pictures of herself from Hare Kaanch Ki Choodiyan to be used in Vaidehi. No wonder the director of the former serial is livid!

Sapana Patil Poojary

Is it a faux-paus or is it plain unprofessionalism? Snigdha Akolkar, the actress who plays the lead role of Shyamlee in Sahara One's Hare Kaanch Ki Choodiyaan recently accepted a role in Vaidehi on Sony where she plays a dead character. The creative team at Vaidehi needed pictures of the actress to put up as a photo frame on the wall to indicate her dead status. However, it was observed that the pictures used in Vaidehi are her 'character pictures' (photos exclusively shot for her role of Shyamlee in Hare Kaanch…). Rakesh Sarang, director, Hare Kaanch Ki Choodiyaan, is upset over Snigdha's behaviour. "I was watching Vaidehi one day and I realised that Snigdha's picture in the serial looked straight out of Hare Kaanch Ki Choodiyaan!" he says. "I checked our photos album and found those very pictures missing. Later, I asked people on the sets and found that Snigdha had removed them from the album. This is very wrong on her part; it's unethical and unprofessional. Firstly, she accepted to play a role on a rival channel (Sony) when she is playing the lead in Hare Kaanch…. Anybody with a little sense would have refrained from giving pictures that were exclusively part of Hare Kaanch…, an on-going serial. How could she give pictures from a serial that's still on air?"

When contacted, Snigdha says, "I had given one or two pictures from Hare Kaanch…. for use in Vaidehi. Actually the Vaidehi team wanted pictures of me in a sari and I didn't have the time to do a photo shoot. Nor did I have portfolio pictures of me in a sari. So I gave them pictures from Hare Kaanch…. But I don't know if they have used it."

However, when told about Sarang's annoyance over the issue, Snigdha attempts to mend her statements. "Oh no! Now, I remember, the Vaidehi team had come on the sets of Hare Kaanch Ki Choodiyaan and shot my pictures there. Since I didn't have the time to change my looks, my pictures in Vaidehi may appear similar," she says