Ek Tha Tiger Fever Grips Tellydom - Ragini

Simz786 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago

Ek Tha Tiger fever grips Tellydom

If there ever was a debate on who is the biggest Khan in Bollywood, yesterday's humongous opening (32.92 crores in a day) to Salman Khan's spy love story Ek Tha Tiger (ETT) has sealed the debate. Both classes and masses are enjoying Sallu and Katrina Kaif making a monkey out of both the ISI (Inter Service Intelligence, Pakistan's external spy agency) and RAW ( Research and Analysis Wing, India's premier cloak and dagger agency). Not just aam janta even our TV actors too have joined the praise bhai brigade.

Ragini Khanna, who is currently anchoring Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5 said, "ETT was paisa vasool entertainment. I actually wanted to check it out in a single screen theater to see the public go mad over Sallu, but did not get tickets, hence, had to be satisfied with a multiplex screening."

She loved the dead pan humour and suave style of Salman, "The script talking about a high end agent demanded the same. This was a marked departure from the over the top performances Sallu has given of late in Dabangg, Ready and Bodyguard which were also widely appreciated ."

Ragini, who herself hails from a filmy family, further added that, "as compared to other B-town stars Salman does not age and yet looks so good. It is quite sad that he does not bare his chest as much these days," she grinned.

It is not only girls; even guys are going bonkers over ETT. The dashing Sameer Kochhar of Bade Achhe Lagte Hain said, "The film was perfect as it combined a slick espionage saga with cult Yashraj love story theme. I was really bowled over by the ace cinematography in beautiful locations all across the globe i.e. Turkey, Ireland and Cuba." When asked if Sallu and Kat did right by letting their respective countries down for love?

Sameer said, "Come on yaar, this is a commercial flick, so let's just enjoy it rather than getting moralistic over these things. And plus you should not forget that Tiger (Sallu's character name) did give 12 years of his life nonstop to defend his motherland."

If the girls go weak-kneed about Sallu, Sameer is a big Kat fan,"She is a real hottie, who has done her own stunts. A big growth for someone who could not speak Hindi a while ago and now to play an Urdu speaking ISI agent."

Since ETT has just released (15 August 2012), many small screen actors are yet to check it out but there is a palpable excitement in them.

Sumeet Raghavan last seen in The Late Night Show on Colors shared, " The promos look very exciting. Director Kabir Khan always deals with terrorist films very well like New York and Kabul Express and here he has added love story to the matrix. There is no way it will not do very good. "

Krystle Dsouza (Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai) is also all eager to check out ETT, but sadly not getting time. "I am shooting from 2 to 2 so will go even if I get a half day off. I will watch in a multiplex with caramel popcorn and Pepsi with a close group of friends."

Can't you ask special leave? "No, it will affect telecast schedule." Krystle also loved the foot tapping numbers in the flick. "Masha Allah was superb. I just loved Sallu's hand movements."

However, not everybody was impressed enough by the slickly cut promos.

Prerna Wanvari of Parichay said, "Action scenes looked a bit jaded. Having said that the massive positive of mouth publicity is making me change my mind and I will surely check it soon." Here Prerna admitted that, "she is not a very big fan of Sallu."

Well' Ek Tha Tiger is rocking at the box office. Do let us know what do to think about the movie!!!

Edited by Simz786 - 11 years ago