momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago

I was reminded today why I watch this serial.  Yes, there was a saas type but saas' battle is new on SP.  It is not with the bahu.  She has got to fight her own grandson about whether her status as Dadi allows her to dictate the ins and outs of her pota's life.  She really doesn't know her pota – the apple doesn't fall far from the tree Subhadra, obstinacy, arrogance and zid, check check and check.  I saw a battle brewing (Nani/ArHi versus Dadi/Anjali for the right of return of Shyam), the PAST history  of different perspectives about to be released (Dadi versus ASR vision of Mr. Malik senior) and a couple getting closer together.   And, ahem, not a single rabba ve was seen (thank you Dammit for pointing out).  When you have got a story, we don't need the pretty sparkles to distract us *coughshegdecoughs*.

The episode belonged to ASR and how the appearance of his Dadi just ripped the bandage right off his still fresh wound about the 'hadsaa' of the past.  He respects his family, we can see that, but ASR notices the insult to his wife and he most definitely is not fond of honoring the memory of his father , and he is not one to hide is distaste for either.  Let's get to quintessential ArHi.  Khushi is trying to engage him in conversation; he is lost in his thoughts of the past and furious at his Dadi.  Having no luck, Kh sits to contemplate what she has done, totally in her character.  ASR comes over and he reads her emotions and straight to her face, no pretense – remember he said NO MORE GAMES – says don't you ever  feel responsible for the way our marriage happened, I am to blame, you were helpless, I forced you.  Short, to the point, I am guilty, do not take responsibility, free yourself from this burden.  There are silent tears as she hears him exonerate her of guilt.  And as he then speaks of Dadi, she notices that there is a simmering anger there.  Just as ASR had done at the GH, Khushi does the same – whatever it is Arnavji, you can tell me.  But she didn't tell him and neither will he, until he is pushed like she was.  Sides of the same coin.

Those who have read my posts in the past know that I never had a doubt that ASR would take full responsibility for everything he had done because he was a man of conscience.  Once he realizes, he has always acted.  It was always just a matter of time, not whether it would happen.   I also said last week, and caught some flak for it, that ASR wanted to temper Kh's ego so she would accept her haq as his wife and return to the RM.  It wasn't about wooing, it was about getting her back to show her how much he accepts her as his wife.   He is determined to show itna easy NAHIN hai tumhare liye.  He has quietly understood how she fulfilled his Di's wish and let her know, he has shown her that he understands what makes her tick with gol gapes and chana and he has made her dream come true and restored the strand he destroyed.  And today, he took all the blame and he took entire responsibility looking her straight in the eyes, just like he had with La when he told her that he could not marry her, like he told Payal that Kh was not in the least to blame for her wedding disaster,  just like told Nani that he didn't believe Kh when she was on the terrace and when he looked at Anjali and said I married Kh to protect you.  And now he stands by her when her 'aukat' is in question.  He is showing Kh that she has every haq as his wife, she has that title, it is hers.  He acknowledges it to everyone and he is living it.  The contract terms are not over.  Perhaps by the end of the contract, Kh will understand more about what made this man turn into ASR from Arnav Malik and she will have found a deeper love for him.  And when he gives her the choice to walk away or stay, she will choose the latter.  (you might think I am crazy, but now that Kh is back in the RM, I believe at the end of the contract ASR will let her choose because his aim was to show her how much she is his wife, and let her see if she could walk away)

(apologies for the length - I loved this episode and saw it 4 times already - if you made it to the end thank you - if you care to comment - another thank you very much)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shybabe thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
What a wonderful title Anu😳

Very well said...Facing responsibility.

I am so glad that I am still stuck to this show cuz today I finally realized that this is the reason why I watch this show. Power packed drama..full of intensity and drama.

This is what the show needs right now...to gain its TRP's, the audience likes this drama.

Daadi's entry to this show is going to bring in lots of mystery, intact its going to open the door to the past that we all have been waiting for.

Arnav Singh Raizada is a complete reflection of his Daadi. Always wondered where he got his fiestiness from and now we all know...a brilliant move by the CV's.πŸ‘

You have said it many times...well those who understand Arnav Singh Raizada have said it many times...this man never runs away from his responsibilities...and today he has proven it all over again...by standing up to his grand mother and taking responsibility for his marriage to Khushi. Standing by his wife and supporting her..."If there is no place for my wife, then i don't think even I am needed!" She is my wife and if I am an important member of the household...then so is my wife. Only an honest man would say that.

Take it or leave it Daadi!!πŸ˜‰

Arnav Singh Raizada has always fulfilled his responsibilities towards the people he loves...be it his wife, his sister, his brother or his entire family..yes, he has done a lot of hurtful things but this is how he makes up for it...standing by her thought thick and thin..

THIS IS HIS WAY OF REDEMPTION...STANDING BY HER AND SUPPORTING HER..NO MORE TEARS FOR HER..ONLY SMILES...UNDERSTANDING HER...WIPING HER TEARS...SHARING HER SORROW AND JOY...BEING THERE FOR HER WHEN SHE NEEDS HIM..TO HAVE TO HOLD FOR BETTER OR WORSE...

I will always say..there is no space for redemption ...when there is love..love needs no redemption...love needs acceptance.

Khushi on the other hand is realizing her feelings very well...she loves this man and yet there is so much to know about him...she will not come to any conclusions about him as she has done in the past..now she will take time to know the man within ASR...a boy who has been deeply hurt by his past his own...and she will have to help him open up to her ..cuz the longer he keeps the pain inside him..it will hurt him more..

She will find out soon " Why is it so hard for him to love someone"  - Why is this world so cruel according to him...?? 

Thank you for such a lovely post...even if it is long...its worth reading every word you right my dear..😳
Edited by shybabe - 11 years ago
--Anna-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Lovely post Anu and thanks for the PM Divs *hugs*

My two cents

Arnav Singh Raizada - an honest and just man - a character that is so deeply layered that it touches the heart at so many levels. Today's episode again had me in tears. Seeing him - facing responsibility of his actions - of his doings - of his past and of his present and still being in control and standing strong - My heart goes out to this man! I weep and I cry for the emotional upheavel he goes through and has gone through.

I never wanted a repentance track which would involve crying and howling - I always wanted ASR aka Arnav to realize his mistake and I knew he would. The man always held himself responsible once he realized his grave mistake - and today he accepted it in words. He wanted Khushi in RM - like you so rightly pointed out - to make her realize how much she means to him and what is her importance in his life. May I add - even though many found his ways of bringing her back to RM unacceptable - I say they were perfect - in tune with character and he succeeded.

Dadi, A character that is again a mystery - holds the key for Khushi to understand who the actual Arnav Singh Raizada is. She is in many ways similar to him and in many ways not. Their intrinsic qualities are similar - however I am quite sure there thinking is somewhere different. Arnav has been surrounded by the horrors of his past and his dad always - and today again I trembled at the sight of him when he did not want any comparision. His past has broken him and shattered him somewhere deep within and at this time - Just like he stood for Khushi today - standing against his own grandmother - I expect her to be there for him. 

Barun Sobti U are an actor par excellence! No other words except - I heart you! <3

Love

Anna :)

Edited by --Anna-- - 11 years ago
premparbat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

HI Anu,

If anyone had thought  and wished for a seperate redemption track  and a seperate Wooing track and a seperate track for the revealation of the past ... the Creatives have a different plan all together. They understand their characters better , know their story  and unquestionably are good at their job.

All rolled in one we are getting a story of an angst ridden man so burdened by his past who now is in love with the one who has endured his wrath  the most in a very graceful manner. A girl ( I dont call her a women yet ) who in return has given him nothing but love and  tolerance.  It is for Arnie now to stand up for her,  take responsibility for her and his mistakes, give her the rightful place in his life and his house , move on from his past and  thus redeem himself.

Every other side character and side tracks are for the above purpose and just that .  For the ArHi lovestory...and what a love story.

It is time for Arnie to revisit his past and this time with Khushi besides him. The wound requires healing and for that it needs to come out in the open. The cvs will take their time on this one as we are very soon heading towards the completion of the contract . and as you say Anu , the final choice is Khushi's.  Is  she willing to give her marriage another chance to a man in her own admisson,  knows nothing much about  or is she willing to walk out beacsue added to the mix of Anji , dadi too is not fond of her. Will she take up the mantle to walk with Arnie or walk away...?

And if she stays ( which we all know she will ) will she understand the role and responsiblity that comes along with being  Mrs Arnav Singh Raizada ...because when she completely understands that will I term Khushi to be the women I want her to be...

Arnav/Barun did an excellent job today as always but I want to make a specail mention to nani.  She has stood up to Arnav so often , stood by Anji &  Khushi and witnessed the trails of her children and has yet stood strong.  I loved her expression of pride when  they walk thru the door and see dadi and Arnie goes forward to touch his dadi's feet.  Nani's expression spoke volumes of her  pride as if to say "I have bought up these children well ..."

A power packed  episode where everything worked...
Edited by premparbat - 11 years ago
mommy2000 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Res...i am right here...but am trying to get my thoughts together...

EDIT:

Haw! there should be a penalty against people who can read minds!!

There was no rabba ve

There was no stare-fest
There was no trip and fall into each others arms, on top of each other..whatever
There was no carrying her in his strong arms.
And we still loved all 22 minutes of the episode!!  SURPRISE...or not!  Creatives, we don't need those rabba ve-s( actually maybe a few here and there) to heart the episode.

What a brilliant episode...

Annnuuu...am finally getting the much awaited pasttt!  We kept sayin' and sayin' and finally they heard us (let me at least kid myself)

Arnav Singh Raizada
:  If there's any room to love your character any more than we already do...then we would do so today.  Not because you are perfect.  But because you make us love you with all your imperfections. 

He came, he saw, he stalled, he remembered, he looked at her (with an expression that you would feel only for those who are close to your heart, someone who has possibly nurtured you), he walked to her, showed her the respect that he holds for her in his heart (and he doesn't bow in front of anyone), he hugged her in a manner that gave me the impression of finally coming home.  And all this was conveyed to us in all of 2 minutes.

He is lost in thought, in unpleasant memories, and his wife walks in, ready to take the blame on, as she always does...and he is brought back to the present.  He wants to stop it right there. He tells her that he is the guilty one.  Straight to her face.  Matter of factly. And it hits home.  Her look says it all.  She doesn't need anything more.  She probably didn't even need this.  She never did.  But he is a man of conscience.  And when he was explaining dadi to her, it was like he was explaining himself...birds of feather
πŸ˜†

The dadi-arnav scene captured my heart and I want to applaud it.  The rendering from both the actors was spot on.  The hurt, the pain of abandonment, was so transparent in his eyes.  There hasn't been any healing ... they have just taped the wound and kept it away from being exposed. 

Finally...my past is coming...

And final scene nailed it...this is redemption for those who want it.  She doesn't.  But he gives.  He stands up for her, by her, and with her.  And she notices.  Sanaya's expression, brilliant!!!  She is seeing the man behind the armor.  And she will love him even more for it.

Didn't we say Anu, that he will repent in his own way, in actions and not by words.  And she gets his actions...because words screws things up for them πŸ˜†

And I am loving this track...and for once, the new entry (dadi) doesn't add a new angle but gives the story the depth that we were so looking forward to. 

So does this mean that we will get
1) why arnav chose the rubble while glee chose the bubble
2) how glee met shyam
3) why shyam met glee
4) how is khushi responsible for Arnav's past

Guess, we won't be reaching for the remote (figuratively, since i watch it on u-tube) any time soon...and it wasn't because of the rabba ve marathon...it was because we got back the story that they stopped telling a few months ago.

And yes, awesome post mommaπŸ˜† I know I went off on a tangent...but this is the penalty you pay for reading my mindπŸ˜›

As for the ArHi equation - I am excited!!!  They are NOW handling it with a maturity that we don't see in the tellyworld.  It is intertwined with the basic plot and I am eager to see how their relationship grows while they disentangle the complex web of the present circumstances.

And Barun Sobti - you are a league of your own! I don't have enough words in the vocabulary to match the expressions of pain, angst, turmoil, love, affection, anger, defiance, strength, that you packed in a single episode.

Edited by mommy2000 - 11 years ago
mommy2000 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: --Anna--

My two cents

Arnav Singh Raizada - an honest and just man - a character that is so deeply layered that it touches the heart at so many levels. Today's episode again had me in tears. Seeing him - facing responsibility of his actions - of his doings - of his past and of his present and still being in control and standing strong - My heart goes out to this man! I weep and I cry for the emotional upheavel he goes through and has gone through.

I never wanted a repentance track which would involve crying and howling - I always wanted ASR aka Arnav to realize his mistake and I knew he would. The man always held himself responsible once he realized his grave mistake - and today he accepted it in words. He wanted Khushi in RM - like you so rightly pointed out - to make her realize how much she means to him and what is her importance in his life. May I add - even though many found his ways of bringing her back to RM unacceptable - I say they were perfect - in tune with character and he succeeded.

Dadi, A character that is again a mystery - holds the key for Khushi to understand who the actual Arnav Singh Raizada is. She is in many ways similar to him and in many ways not. Their intrinsic qualities are similar - however I am quite sure there thinking is somewhere different. Arnav has been surrounded by the horrors of his past and his dad always - and today again I trembled at the sight of him when he did not want any comparision. His past has broken him and shattered him somewhere deep within and at this time - Just like he stood for Khushi today - standing against his own grandmother - I expect her to be there for him. 

Barun Sobti U are an actor par excellence! No other words except - I heart you! <3

Love

@bold: ditto and perfectly said!!!!!
He didn't win her back then...he won a chance to prove the sincerity of his feelings
He didn't humiliate her by showing her his money...he wanted to save her from the humiliation of having to face the family once they knew the real circumstances of their marriage.

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Lovely post Momma as always! Yes this man never hides away from reality and from taking blame when he realizes! Matter of time as you said! So much loved the way he stood up for his wife!  So you think, he will give a choice to Khushi after the contract... I doubt my dear.. becos for him the fear of loosing Khushi is totally clastrophobic and catastrophic! Will add more if my little one lets me..:) Edited by Horizon - 11 years ago
shybabe thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
well said anna😳

Originally posted by: --Anna--

My two cents

Love

momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Horizon

<font color="#cc0000" size="2">Lovely post Momma as always! Yes this man never hides away from reality and fromtaking blame when he realizes! Matter of time as you said! So much loved the way he stood up for his wife! So you think, he will give a choice to Khushi after the contract... I doubt my dear.. becos for him the fear of loosing Khushi is totally clastrophobic and catastrophic!
</font>

I think he will look in her eyes and already know the jawab to his sawal. I am a hopeless pragmatic romantic when it comes to this couple. That makes no sense but that's how i feel. from the story standpoint this is how imagine it.
Srilathalolla thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
nice analysis.You are correct today everyone saw Arnav trying to express himself to his wife.I think in future we will see more