Friendship Day Scavenger Hunt- Come Join Us !!

Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Hello to all my fellow Deshians... ....Fatima here.  With the sole purpose of livening up your Friendship Day.

Yes, it's Friendship Day, and hulchul is going on in every forum, so we the lovely members of  the

refuse to be left out of the festivities.
Go Deshians!! 

So, it's the first Sunday in August...and it has officially been dubbed as Friendship Day.  I'll be honest...It's not a very highly celebrated day in the USA...and as a result I really didn't know what we should do...  So, like any ignorant person with internet access, I went to Google and did a little research.  Well, lo and behold, to my surprise I found that this celebration actually has some roots in the Good old U.S. of A. 

I never really thought they did anything but swat flies in those big, stony government buildings, down in Washington DC, but it appears back in 1935 our congress actually put our tax dollars to work and came up with the idea of having a Friendship Day.  World War I had ended and World War II seemed imminent, so I guess they felt this would cheer up the nation.  Either that or the American florist and greeting card industry's lobby put pressure on them and said, "Look, every month has a celebration except August.  Do something!!"

Unfortunately the celebration didn't really pick up steam here in the USA.  I guess we are not a very friendly nation.  But the idea was later picked up by the UN and quickly spread to other nations of the world.  The idea was to promote friendship that transcends ethnic, economic, religious, cultural, and geographical boundaries.  What a beautiful idea.  Applause please.

(Disclaimer:  I refuse to take responsibility for any inaccuracies in this history lesson.  Do your own research.  Oh heck...forget the research we're here to have fun).

Edited by ummesulaiman - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fatima_Q thumbnail

Okay...let's begin with an official greeting...

And some chocolates...

Fatima_Q thumbnail

For anyone who just showed up here empty handed...Fikir-not...I came prepared with a truck load of friendship bands...

Grab a handful and start tying them to each other.  I'll give you some time.  {Pause}

No, that is not me!    I do not have such dirty finger nails, hairy arms, or a tattoo!

Fatima_Q thumbnail

And now, for today's activity...

I invite you all to play in a 3 part Scavenger Hunt.  Let me explain.

I'll start by asking for something.  But since this is the Kis Desh Forum, my demand has to be related to Kis Desh or one of it's characters.

For example, I'll say...Someone please bring me a picture of Meet from their Log House scene.

The next person to post has to be a good friend and fulfill my request and post it here, as well as do #2 and # 3.

Say something nice about the person, you just went hunting for. (This is where the promoting friendship part comes in).

Leave your own request for the next friend.

Note: A request doesn't have to be a picture.  You can simply ask someone to bring you the answer to a question, or even ask them to make a nice/mean post in the forums of one of the shows related to the Kis Desh actors, and bring you the link as proof of their deed. 😆

Anything goes, as long as it is related to Kis Desh or one of it's characters.

You can all post as many times as you want, but I remind you all that it is Friendship Day so be nice and  be reasonable in your demands.  Please don't make comments on the individual celebs real lives.

Any questions?

Fatima_Q thumbnail

Wait don't leave...there's more...

At the end of the day, the friendliest person, i.e., the Deshian, who was able to fulfill the most number of their friends' demands will be rewarded, with actual prizes. 😃

You shall be showered with gold coins...... virtual ones of course.

I shall personally speak to Tinkerbell and have her kick up some dust in the winner's direction, so that your favorite Kis Desh character will come and take them on a dream friendship-date.  The date unfortunately will be in your dreams.

The winner will be awarded with the exclusive rights to use this siggie specially being made for them, declaring them as the winner of today's game.

(Special thanks to Aishu for the lovely creation)
We went through too much trouble to have it made, so you better use it.

So, I'll now begin the game with the first request...

Please bring me the Fashion movie trailer VM featuring the KDMHMD gang .

Happy hunting and ...

alicia212 thumbnail
happy friendship day to u all
kiran_28 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
happy friendship day to you too!!!!!!!!!!!1
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Thanks...😃

But now, who will be the first to fulfill my request?

AnokhiKhwahish thumbnail
happy friendship day to you too
JugniPH thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
Happy friendship day to all...🤗

nice idea fathima..i guess instead of the day..we hav to extend this for this week..so that all can participate well..just a suggestion only..😳
and after that  if possible we can continue this every month with a title like..frnd of the month or something..😳

Originally posted by: ummesulaiman

Thanks...😃

But now, who will be the first to fulfill my request?

fathima here comes your friend to fulfill your wish...😉😆
i hope this is the one...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcfg0ZKOe_Q[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by priyahmt - 11 years ago