SMJ:WU 29th July-Let My India Awake

.dream-catcher. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
When India's leaders envisaged building a new nation after Independence, the Constitution was the foundation stone of this endeavour. We had resolved to establish a sovereign, secular, democratic republic with justice, liberty, equality and fraternity for all. Enough Indians have been putting these principles into action, that the country can find hope to awaken into a 'heaven of freedom'.

What is our idea of India? What did the leaders of the nation who drew up the Constitution have in mind? Liberty, equality, fraternity, and justice for all. We meet some Indians who are living by this credo.

When the organization she co-founded, Prajwala, rescues women and girls from the sex trade, Sunitha Krishnan battles the prostitution mafia as well as social prejudices. Naseema Hurzuk is another individual who has not allowed adversity to defeat her -- instead she has turned her energies to helping other people with disabilities, through the organization Helpers of the Handicapped.

Education for all is what motivates both Babar Ali and Azim Premji. Babar Ali is probably the youngest school principal anywhere -- and this started in a small way when he began sharing the knowledge he got with his friends who were unable to go to school. At another point in the spectrum is corporate czar Azim Premji who set up a foundation to help children who cannot afford to go to school.

Giving dignity to each and every one -- even after death -- that is Mohammad Sharif's mission, after his son disappeared, believed to have been killed. Despite his own grief, Sharif Chacha was determined that no other body should remain deprived of the last rites. And upholding the concept of honesty and truth cost engineer Satyendra Dubey his life.

Following the path laid down by the Constitution may seem like a Herculean task. If it does, just remember the story of Dashrath Manjhi, who literally cut through a mountain to improve the life of his fellow villagers.

The Preamble to the Constitution of India -- a reminder of the perfection towards which we should tirelessly strive

Parimal Desai says that in rehabilitating children orphaned in the Gujarat riots, he was only upholding the tenets of the Constitution, which regards everyone as equal.

Her fellow-villagers persuaded her and other Pandit families against leaving when the Kashmir trouble started -- and Asha Bhat was even chosen sarpanch in the Muslim-majority village.

Abdul Hamid Wani says his village of Wussan Karhama is an example of the real brotherhood that prevails in Kashmir, which shows that it can still be heaven on earth.

Sunitha Krishnan of Prajwala says that prejudiced people and so-called social conventions are the biggest battle that she and rescued trafficked women and girls have to face.

Babar Ali was the only child from his village who went to school -- and every day he would return and teach what he had learnt to his peers. This is how he became the youngest ever headmaster.

Justice Mohammad Sharif, or Sharif Chacha as he is called, gives unclaimed dead bodies a dignified farewell, no matter which religion they may appear to be from.

Dashrath Manjhi of Gehlor in Bihar became the stuff of legend when, in order to benefit his villagers, he carved a path through a mountain -- single-handedly.

This episode's SMS question is: Will we try our level best to follow the path laid down by the Constitution of our country?

P.S. : Like everyone I would dearly miss this show. This was the show which brought a slight change in me, which made me a better person than before. I wish this show would have a long run but as its said every good thing has an end and so had Satyamev Jayate. I would miss doing written update for this show and asking for apology every now and then. This show was a real eye opener. Kudos to Aamir and team for bringing Satayamev Jayate in our life. GoodBye Satyamev Jayate
Edited by --Pooja- - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niudixit thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for written Update Dear   😳
taahir004 thumbnail
Thanks for writtern Update
minniee thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Bows down Aamir for bringing a show like Satyamev Jayate...👏
will b waiting for season 2..👍🏼

Thanks for updating...😊

Can u please upload the songs too...😳

edit:

this is the link for all the songs...u can download it...
Edited by ArHi_JeeVi - 11 years ago
Rach. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Commendable update and brilliant show. Will miss this dearly ! 
.dream-catcher. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: ArHi_JeeVi

Bows down Aamir for bringing a show like Satyamev Jayate...👏

will b waiting for season 2..👍🏼

Thanks for updating...😊

Can u please upload the songs too...😳

Umm,.. You need Videos or MP3 version of song? If you need Video I can provide you with that but if you need MP3 you have to wait a little cause I need to ask my friend to upload it.
minniee thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: --Pooja-

Umm,.. You need Videos or MP3 version of song? If you need Video I can provide you with that but if you need MP3 you have to wait a little cause I need to ask my friend to upload it.

MP3..il wait but please provide them..EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed
nerulala thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
thanks for ur hard work!😆
sweetinfusion thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the update 👏