SmileyStar thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
This One Shot is dedicated my awesome buddy and a birthday girl, "ClaireDD" πŸ˜› Happyyy Birthdayyy! πŸ₯³ This one's for you!! Hope it isn't totally fazool πŸ˜‰

"Daddyyy!"

Arnav stood up before he heard the familiar pattering of little feet and his daughter, aged 4, burst into the room and flew straight into his arms, burying her head in the crook of his neck.

"Baby, whats wrong?" He asked in a slightly panicked voice, stroking her hair to calm her down.

"Daddy, I... I swallowed a watermelon seed!" She wailed.

Arnav literally bit his tongue to stop himself from laughing out loud. His daughter was such a drama queen! 'Oh! I wonder from which parent she got that trait from' He mused to himself, smirking.

"Oh! Thats Okay Sweetie! Nothing to worry about." He assured her.

"Daddy you don't understand!" She wailed. "I drank a glass of water after that too."

"So?" He asked confused, not sure what his daughter was getting at.

"Daddyyy! I ate a seed and drank water on top of it! I planted a tree in my tummy, Daddy! Just like you plant seeds in your pots! You put a seed and then water it and thats exactly what I did too, Daddy! And Bhaiya said that in a few minutes, branches will start sprouting from my mouth, nose and ears! And I won't be your beautiful little princess anymore!" She explained, waving her hands about frantically in desperation.

Arnav couldn't help the chuckle that left his lips as his body shook with laughter causing Asmara to pull back from his neck and examine his face, frowning.

"Ashar told you that, huh?" He asked and instantly looked towards the door to find his 7 year old son, doubled up with laughter. Arnav couldn't help shaking his head while an amused smile adorned his face. This was so typical! Ashar would always tell Asmara the most absurd things and she would always believe him.

"Yes Daddy! What am I gonna do now?" She asked cupping his face with her tiny palm and looking at him with wide, questioning eyes.

"Bhaiya was just joking, Sweetie. Nothing is gonna happen." He assured her while Ashar quickly piped in, "No, I think that can happen! I've done gardening with Dad alot of times so I should know." He said with a straight face, nodding his head. He was such a cool liar when it came to fooling his little sister.

"What's going on here?" Khushi entered the room carrying a little pile of folded clothes and looking questioning at the trio.

"Your Raja Beta is pulling my Princess' leg again." Arnav complained in mock seriousness. He thoroughly enjoyed these family dramas that were almost a daily routine of their house.

"Haawww! What did my son do?" She asked, before getting a hold of him and combing his hair with her fingers. "He is my Raja Beta! Don't say a word against him." She replied fondly.

"Your Raja Beta told my princess that she'll turn into a gaint watermelon tree cos she swallowed a seed while eating watermelon." He explained while Asmara nodded seriously.

"Oh!" was all Khushi managed to get out as she pursued her lips to stop herself from giggling at her son's newest antic.

"Yes! Your Raja beta is not as innocent as you claim him to be." He smiled to himself as he saw Ashar discreetly trying to mess up his hair back again. Ashar believed that combed hair made him look like a dork much to Khushi's annoyance.

"Haww Ashar! You told Asmara that?" She gave him a slight disapproving look which was difficult as Ashar was now once again laughing his head off.

"Asmara Sweetie, Bhaiya was just having some fun with you. Don't worry. Nothing will happen." Khushi assured her daughter.

"Yes baby." Arnav piped in, "Even I've swallowed watermelon seeds many times but see, there's nothing wrong with me." Arnav smiled down at her.

"But I bet you never drank water afterwards." Asmara said causing Ashar to howl in laugher but she ignored him as she continued, "Wait for a moment, Daddy." She wriggled down his lap and ran out of their room without saying anything further causing Arnav and Khushi to look each other questioningly.

In 2 minutes, she was back carefully holding a glass of water in one hand while holding something in her other closed fist.

She went straight to Arnav and opened her fist to reveal a single watermelon seed and said seriously, "You eat this one with water too daddy! That way if I turn into a plant, you will too."

"But..." Arnav tried to protest but his daughter cut him midway saying, "Please Daddy?" making puppy dog eyes at him causing Arnav to silently take the seed and gulp it down with water.

Khushi watched on with a slightly open mouth. The great ASR who took orders from no one always bowed down in front of his kids, surprising even her. Ashar and Asmara really were a miracle from God.

"Happy, now?" He asked sweetly and Asmara nodded, pulling out her tongue at Ashar and then jumping at Arnav, hugging him tightly, finally relieved.

Khushi smiled as she watched on. This was Her Family... Her World... Her Heaven On Earth.

Note Below! 😳Edited by SmileyStar - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SmileyStar thumbnail
Heyyy Everyone,

I know I've disappeared off this forum but had to appear today to wish Dilru (ClaireDD) a happy birthday πŸ₯³ Pls join me guys! 😳

Happy Birthday To You! Happy Birthday To You! Happy Birthday Dear Dilru! Happy Birthday To Youuu!! πŸ₯³

Ok, okayyy! I'll stop singing now *ducks chappals* πŸ˜†

Ok, I know this One Shot is totally Random but thats me!! 😳 I'll try writing another bday one today If I get any good ideas πŸ˜‰

Dilru, I know this isn't all that great but my mind has gone for a vacation and this is what I could come up with! Sorry for that πŸ˜†

Once Again, A Veryyy Happyyy Birthdayyy To Youuu! You're now as ancient as I am πŸ˜ƒ Congrats! πŸ˜† Hope this One Shot didn't suck that bad πŸ˜‰ Edited by SmileyStar - 11 years ago
--Amy-- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
awww it was really cute

loved it😊
Arnavarmaan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Love love love it
Always love ashar and asmara
Thanks for writing so brilliantly
Always love ur work
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
SO damned cute! I can so see Arnav being a fool for his kids! They are adorable!
farheen75 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Aww it was such a cute and sweet os just ashar and Asmara...simply loved it.
ParneetS thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
awww it was extremely cute and sweet..<3 love their lil family and their antics...<3
saduf thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
that's called a family
simply beautiful
mishti_17 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Hawww.. So cute..😍 Arnav-Khushi and their kids.. I remembered my childhood days when I used to get fooled over this as well.. Ha ha..
-ElmoFuj- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Fari you never stop surprising me with your OS's! Theyre always even more cuter than the previous ones!!! πŸ˜ƒ
This was so cute. I kept 'aww-ing' all the way and i felt like crushing Asmara and aashar in a hug, literally! πŸ˜†
And Arnav ate a seed and drank water cz his angel said sooo, isnt that cutteee?? 😳
Your OS's are mainly about Ashar and Asmara an they surprise me how much theyre actually about Arnav and Khushi! As in even if ArHi have a small role, your OS's always make me feel i'm reading ArHi and that makes it so much better than total ArHi OS's πŸ˜ƒ LOVEDDD IT πŸ˜ƒ

Oh and Happy Birthday ClaireDD! πŸ˜ƒ May you have many many more πŸ˜ƒ