TOI: Might be new, but here to stay-Ekta

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

I might be new on TV,but am here to stay... 

... says telly debutante Ekta Kaul in a candid chat 

Ano Patel 

Very few people witness their life take a 180 degree turn as theyre suddenly thrown into stardom.Ekta Kaul,small screens newest beti is one of them.Debuting in a TV soap like Rab Se Sohna Isshq,was a big career move for her as she was pursuing a degree in marketing before she decided to try acting.This pretty girl from Jammu is all set to start her innings in showbiz.

SHOOTS ARE MADDENING,BUT FUN 

Things are sinking in slowly.I am like a sponge right now,and am absorbing everything happening around me.I love the madness of a shoot.I like being here and I think Im here to stay! The switch to acting happened after a lot of prodding from friends.The thirst for doing something less regimental than a 9 to 7 job and the chance to reach out to so many people with my work drew me towards acting.

TOMBOY TO GIRL-NEXT-DOOR 

My friends and family will get to see a cute and mischievous Saahiba (my character in Rab Se Sohna Isshq).Im still surprising myself each time I lower my lashes coyly and smile sweetly.But I guess somewhere deep within,every girl knows how to do these sweet little gestures.Ive gotten in touch with that girl within me thanks to playing this role.

ROCKING SCREEN RAPPORT 

With Kanan (Malhotra),I share a more buddy-like equation,a lot of back-slapping and leg-pulling with him.He plays the tabla and has us in peels of laughter with his classic renditions of Hindi film numbers.Ashish (Sharma) on the other hand is such a down-toearth,friendly person.Without the kind of rapport I share with both of them,shooting would have been a nightmare.Sukirti is a vivacious girl and is fun to be with.Shes not preachy or the let me teach you a thing or two kind.

NEW HIGHS,NO INSECURITIES 

I know a lot of shows have started recently and a lot of new faces have come on TV.But I am not scared or insecure.I am confident about the concept of the show.Nothing gives me a bigger high than giving a good shot.

FAST FORWARD 

I am never scared of failure as I leave absolutely nothing to chance.I am proud of my hard work and have always gained everything in life through hardwork.When success comes my way,it feels well deserved.Plus,Im a good cook,I like playing tennis and dream of flying a plane some day.

Ekta Kaul 

[Previous] Ahmedabad Times [Next]

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

taahir004 thumbnail
Thanks for the Article
PristineSoul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks Tanu,

lovely article
VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Thanks for Sharing ðŸ˜Š
RidziPiaJazSimi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for sharing...
i love wat she said abt sukku...🤗

Sukirti is a vivacious girl and is fun to be with.Shes not preachy or the let me teach you a thing or two kind. awww😳

Fallen-Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
thnx for sharing!! 
-Nags- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for sharing ðŸ˜‰