Manonidz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

http://ibnlive.in.com/photogallery/7010-20.html

Tulsi to Madhubala: Transformation of Indian TV actresses

Jul 22, 2012 16:23pm
  • TV serials that started with kitchen politics have moved towards social issues. 
  • Tulsi of 'Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' became an ideal daughter-in-law after the telecast of the serial in 2000. 
  • Parvati, the lead actress of 'Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii', has been the motivation for women fighting against the odds. 
  • Kumkum, the leading lady of 'Kumkum', who lost her husband at a very young age, marries her brother-in-law for the sake of family. 
  • Godavari, the old lady from 'Baa Bahoo aur Baby', shows how a determined woman can support a family. Despite an alcoholic husband, she fights all odds with courage. 
  • Sia, the girl who challenges Ammaji in 'Na Aana Iss Desh Laado', fights against injustice done to women in rural areas. 
  • Laali of 'Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo' stands up against the caste system in spite of belonging to a lower caste. 
  • Anandi, the smiling girl from 'Balika Vadhu', becomes the victim of child marriage. She, after geting divorced from her childhood husband, starts a school for girls and fights against the tradition of child maarriage. 
  • Gulal of the TV soap 'Gulal', falls in love with the son of her family's enemy. After losing her husband in a clash, she fights against the sati system. 
  • Rachna, the girl in 'Kaali-Ek Agnipariksha', opposes a local politician who tries to take her advantage. 
  • Pratigya, the protagonist from 'Mann Ki Aawaz...Pratigya', marries a local goon and eventually tries to transform him into a good man. 
  • Archna of 'Pavitra Rishta', finds solutions to the monetary problems of her family. 
  • Jeevika, the younger sister in 'Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai', survives cancer and shows the courage to move ahead in life. 
  • Indira, the strict girl in 'Hitler Didi', is the only source of income for her family. 
  • Sandhya, the female protagonist from 'Diya Aur Bati Hum', is an educated girl who wants to become an IAS officer. However, she is married to an uneducated boy. 
  • Megha, the heroine of 'Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha', is a widow managing her life and two children. 
  • Krishna, the protagonist of 'Afsar Bitiya', is a fearless officer. 
  • Aarti of 'Punar Vivah', marries again for the sake of her son. 
  • Jaanvi, the tortured girl in 'Dil Se Di Dua... Saubhagyavati Bhava?', has been fighting against the autocracies of her husband. 
  • Madhubala, the latest of all, was born on the sets of a Bollywood film, but she doesn't want to enter the film industry. Will she be able to follow her dreams? 

Edited by Manonids - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anji-mira thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
😊thanks nidzz.. so nice of you...  you know I never watched any serial before geet...  used to watch cnbc awaz  for shares... geet made me addicted to tv serials  .. and now madhu ..😃
-Nia04- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
wow,, madhu had to be in the list,,,
Manonidz thumbnail

Originally posted by: anjali64

😊thanks nidzz.. so nice of you...  you know I never watched any serial before geet...  used to watch cnbc awaz  for shares... geet made me addicted to tv serials  .. and now madhu ..😃

hmmm Well I have been a long admirer of almost all shows of Star One ...but now hooked to MB only 
Manonidz thumbnail

Originally posted by: anjali64

Well I have been admirer of almost all shows of Star One ...but now I am hooked to MB only   

(* Repeat post )
Edited by Manonids - 11 years ago
Manonidz thumbnail

Originally posted by: mymagic13

wow,, madhu had to be in the list,,,

I am glad that this character has made its fair space before the actual track ...
-Nia04- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Manonids

I am glad that this character has made its fair space before the actual track ...

am sure she ll be the best female character on tv very soon becoz of dd and as well as the concept,,
-brokensoul- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: mymagic13

am sure she ll be the best female character on tv very soon becoz of dd and as well as the concept,,

Sure she would. DD is the best and MB is the right choice.

I have watched almost all Ekta shows in Kyunki era. After that stopped and started watching only english serials and again hooked to Hindi because of Geet and now MB.

Manonidz thumbnail

No idea ...she was here in afternoon...but not now 
Manonidz thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shahisthi

Sure she would. DD is the best and MB is the right choice.

I have watched almost all Ekta shows in Kyunki era. After that stopped and started watching only english serials and again hooked to Hindi because of Geet and now MB.

Same here ./...Kyunke was the last Ekta's show I watched ...but now its MB all the way