TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
Imtiaz Ali separates from wife 

Love stories between directors and actresses is as old as Bollywood. Among the newer lot, Anurag Kashyap fell for and subsequently married his DevD actress Kalki Koechlin.

Then there's Sajid Khan and Jacqueline Fernandez, who we hear are well on their way to being married. Now, it seems to be the much-married Imitaz Ali's (though we hear from reliable sources that his divorce with wife Preetyhas come through) turn.

The director, who separated from his wife some time ago, has become very close to Pakistani model and actress Iman Ali, who starred in the riveting film Bol last year. Iman made her debut in another much-talked-about film Khuda KayLiye, and is the daughter of television/film actor Abid Ali and his first wife Humaira.

A source says, "Iman was introduced to the director by mutual friends in B-Town last year. Since then, they've became very close. In fact, just a day before the release of Rockstar, Imtiaz and Iman visited the Nizamuddin dargah in Delhi last year as well as in April this year."

The source adds that Imtiaz and Preety had been having problems in their marriage for over a year, and their divorce has been kept a secret as they don't want their 11-year-old daughter Ida to be affected by it. "Imtiaz and Iman's courtship has also been kept under wraps, and only a few people in the industry know about it. Preety has worked as an executive producer on several films and is looking at a full-fledged career as a director now. Apparently, a production house has already signed her on."

Despite repeated attempts, Imtiaz remained unavailable for comment.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

No wonder all his movies are filled with infidelity. 
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
And that explains everything about his scripts.
IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I didn't know he had a failed marriage..aww :(
Antlers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: eraser

No wonder all his movies are filled with infidelity. 

LOL. there was once a interview of him saying his long distance relationship was like LOVE AAJ KAL. I'm guessing his wife found her ex? ðŸ˜† Edited by TexanHolden - 11 years ago
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
LOL! Someone I know was right about Imtiaz Ali! 
mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Iman is gorgeous but she can do so much better ! 
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Oh No...I wanted to see the movie that he's wife going to direct with him there...I thought they were going to choose deepi for it...lol

but I think Imtiaz has a connection with breaks up heartache because you can see it in the pain of the characters. I feel even Cocktail, that's why he wanted Deepika to play Veronica and pushed her to play it even though she wanted to play Meera
Enycedoll thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Iman ali is very pretty, i cant fault him on his taste. Her taste, i must question..

Edited by Enycedoll - 11 years ago
MaSqUeRaDe thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
LOL now wonder all his films depict infidelity ..Is that why Biru keeps him around? :p
Anyways I've stopped taking Imtiaz seriously after LAK and Rockstar