Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vedu22 thumbnail
Engager 3 Thumbnail Engager 2 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: fffan123

Amazing Update. Love this FF very much. It is getting more and more interesting. Also loved the ARHI scenes especially the childhood signals and the scene on terrace before Anjali and Akash interrupted them ๐Ÿ˜

Poor Anjali ๐Ÿ˜ญ Shyam is such a creep ๐Ÿ˜ก and Payal really needs to be a bit broad minded.

Please update the next part soon.

I know๐Ÿฅฑ Shyam is a creep...no one's going to like him in this one...as for Payal...she'll come around. And ARHI -  the masti is just going to increase
vedu22 thumbnail

Originally posted by: KaShGurTiLuverr

Awesome update :) urghhh Shyam is sooo disgusting ๐Ÿคฌ Lol love ArHi's code winks sooo cute :P awww the last scene was ๐Ÿ˜ Can't wait 4 da next part xoxoxox

I completely agree, he's disgusting...and he's not going to get better.
missfox thumbnail
Aw I loved their childish antics. it was soo cute that i could not help smiling. Shyam is a really mysterious guy and i loved the suspense that you have created. I also like the characterization of Payal in this update, where she thinks every time Khushi moves she will start shooting. I just love the character Khushi. 

Cant wait for the next update.

Thanks for the PM ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 
BSRaizada thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Hey that was awesome!!!! N plz plz pm me when u update! I nearly missed the last 2 updates!...Arshi is really a team!!!
chavvi16 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
aww the can be so childish and cute
but they are right to be worried about their di they together can get rid of this pest known as shyam manohar jha
ughhh that creep is even more creepier than ever before
khushi and arnav you might have your work cut out to nab the guy but i am sure you can do it
loved how at home khushi was with the raizadas

segad thumbnail
wonderful

this story just keeps getting better

smile1412 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Woah!! Brilliant! I am sucker to these kind of luv stories!!!!!!

Very nice!!!!!!!!!
--SKALOVE-- thumbnail
that was awesome thx for the pm continue soon
vedu22 thumbnail
Chapter 5! To my silent readers (and there are a lot of you) please do leave a comment, it really means a lot to me! I would like to dedicate this chapter to bhadraprasad. Whoever you are, I love you! To everyone else, please keep commenting and liking as it motivates me to write faster! Enjoy๐Ÿ˜Š

Chapter 5

Never before...never before had Arnav Singh Raizada been so utterly humiliated.

And it was all due to person besides him: Khushi Rathod...the bane of his existence. He glowered at her only to find that she was smirking back at him as if she knew this would happen.

He resisted the urge to growl at her. Why was it that this woman had the ability to destroy his legendary control...make his lose his inhibitions? She was the most infuriating, troublesome, stubborn, passionate, beautiful...he didn't feel like continuing that list, not when unwanted thoughts entered his head.

Di and Akaash were still standing there with knowing smiles on their faces.

Akaash sauntered forward and draped an arm around Arnav. "So Bhai, what were you and Khushi doing here, on the terrace, akele? I thought you were going to your room."

Arnav threw Akaash's arm off of him and scoffed. "Did I say I was going to my room? No right? Where I go and what I do is none of your business. This is my house after all."

"Fine Chote, but with whom you do your business with is our concern." Anjali added in, gauging Arnav and Khushi's reactions.

Arnav's eyes bulged momentarily while Khushi sported a rosy blush.

"Di! How can you even think...I mean...Arnav and I were just having a bit of fun!" Khushi spluttered.

Akaash sidled up to her. "Khushi...back in the day, you and Bhai used to wrestle for fun. Surely that wasn't what you were doing now." He grinned at her naughtily. She held Akaash's gaze, not wanting to back down.

"ENOUGH!" Arnav yelled. He didn't like what Akaash was implying, not one bit. Arnav tried to take deep breaths, but they didn't seem to help.

"Khushi and I were discussing something. You know her, she get's crazy when she's bored." He ignored the incredulous glare she gave him. She had no right to give him that look. It was because of her they were in this situation in the first place! "So she attacked me...literally. There, kahani ka the end."

Unfortunately, Anjali and Akaash didn't look very convinced but they dropped the subject.

Of course, Khushi had to have the last word so she elbowed him in the gut...hard. "You conveniently left out the part where you tried to attack me, key word...tried."

"Oh, we saw that. We came up here right when Khushi was attacking your hair." Anjali said, pointing to the ridiculous mess that sat on Arnav's head.

At their horrified looks, Anjali snorted. "Chote, Akaash wanted to talk to you about the latest football match. When he couldn't find you, he went back down and requested my help. When we finally found you...well...we didn't want to disturb you from your fun."

Arnav knew it was pointless arguing with his sister, plus the grin on Khushi's face was irritating him, so he sagged his shoulders in defeat. "Whatever Di, just drop it." Though he couldn't be mad with his Di, Akaash was a different story. Arnav pointed his finger threateningly at his little cousin. "If you dare mutter a single word of this to anyone...I will kill you. Understand?" Arnav resisted the urge to smile when Akaash gulped and nodded his head.

He turned to face Khushi who was controlling her laughter. "And you Rathod! This...this is all your fault!"

She patted his shoulder. "You still don't know how to handle losing, do you?"

"Shut up Khushi." He ground out, not looking at her.

She sighed and moved past him. "Di, Akaash, I should get home as it is pretty late. Maa and Papa should be home by now as well." Khushi was not sure she wanted to leave Anjali all alone, especially if Shyam came back.

Anjali pouted. "Khushiii...do you have to go? Let's have some fun, just like we did way back when..." She asked in a childish voice, not sounding at all like the thirty-two year old woman she was.

"Di, are you really asking her to spend the night?" Arnav asked in disgust. However, he was glad that Di had asked her this. She would be protected against Shyam when he did come back. Plus, it saved him the awkwardness of asking Khushi to sleep over.

"Chote, this is the first time after seven months that Khushi and I are seeing each other. She's my little sister, of course I want her to spend the night!" Anjali said, softly chastising her brother.

Arnav turned away from them, concealing a small smile. "Fine, whatever. Just don't bother me!"

Khushi yawned. "Wouldn't dream of it, Nav." She ruffled his hair once more and sprinted away from him before he could comprehend what happened.

Anjali and Akaash just looked on in utter amusement as Arnav desperately tried to flatten his hair.

"Unbelievable." He muttered more profanities under his breath. "Di! Keep her away from me." Arnav grumbled and stalked off to his room.

Akaash and Anjali stared at the spot through which he had left.

"Why do I have the feeling that Bhai's the one who came to her in the first place?" Akaash mused, tapping his chin.

Anjali placed a hand on his shoulder. "Because he did. The fool has no idea what kind of predicament he's in at the moment."

Akaash was immediately concerned. "Bhai! Is he alright? What kind of trouble is he in?"

Anjali just stared at her cousin in shock. Honestly, how had he realized that he loved Payal? How could he be so ignorant to the obvious signs that Chote and Khushi were in love? She simply shook her head and limped away, leaving a very confused and worried Akaash.

*********************************************************************************************

After Khushi had called her parents to let them know she was staying the night, Anjali gave Khushi a modest nightgown to wear and they both made their way over to Anjali's room for some good old sister bonding time. Khushi wanted to invite Payal as well, but Anjali surprisingly disagreed. She said that this was just Khushi-Anjali time, no one else was allowed.

Khushi took a good look at Anjali and Shyam's room. Nothing except the picture of the two on the wall suggested that this was the room of a married couple. The room didn't feel right, instead it felt cold, something that she had never noticed before.

"So Khushi, tell me, what have you been up to while you've been gone." Anjali asked, making herself comfortable.

Khushi sat at Anjali's feet, massaging them. Tonight, she would take care of her Di. "Oh you know, the usual. Same old same old. Chasing criminals, arresting them, filling out paperwork, and so on."

Anjali smiled gently and motioned for Khushi to sit near her. "And how's the love life?" Anjali asked innocently.

Khushi stared at her incredulously before guffawing. "Love life Di? I don't even have a life, let alone a love life. My last boyfriend was nearly two years ago, and even then we broke up after four months of dating. My job is too time consuming for a relationship." She sighed sadly. "Sometimes, I just wish that there was someone besides my parents to come home to, a warm body to sleep next to. It gets kind of lonely." Khushi looked up at Anjali who was nodding in understanding. "I wish I had what you and jiju have." She crossed her fingers and prayed for forgiveness at that lie. To her surprise, Anjali didn't have her customary 'I'm so in love with him' look. She looked...sad?

"Married life has its ups and downs." Anjali admitted in a soft voice.

A lump arose in Khushi's throat at the honesty in Anjali's voice. She quelled her emotions and patted Anjali's arm. "Are you and jiju alright?" She knew the answer, but Anjali's story could provide more clues.

Anjali sighed and rested her head on the headboard. "We...well, we've been better I suppose. I don't doubt that he has a lot of work, but we barely spend time together anymore."

I know the reason why. Khushi thought bitterly and wept secret tears for the woman beside her. Devi Maiyaan, please, remove this thorn from her side and gift her a man who will take care of her completely.

"Well," Khushi began carefully, not wanting to upset Anjali. "I'm sure jiju is planning something big for you. He's not the type of man to leave his wife unattended." No, he's the type of man who will leave his wife alone in favor of his mistresses.

Anjali brightened at Khushi's warm words. Yes, that was probably it. No need to become worried.

"Enough about Shyam-ji and I, let's talk about you!" And with that Anjali drowned Khushi with countless questions about her non-existent romantic life.

After about an hour, Anjali got thirsty and went over to the water container to retrieve two glasses. Anjali greedily gulped down her glass and motioned for Khushi to do the same. Just as she was about to put the glass to her lips, she paused and stared at the water in confusion. Hesitantly and covertly so Anjali wouldn't see, she sniffed the glass. Khushi froze and repeated the action. Yes, there it was, that slight odor that she recognized. Her eyes closed in horror. Anjali. Oh God.

Khushi stood up, cup of water in hand, emotions haywire. "Di, I'll be back in just a moment. I forgot to call the office for some unfinished reports." It was miracle her voice didn't shake.

Anjali nodded and turned on the T.V. "Don't take too long Khushi."

Khushi couldn't say anything as she and the water left the room.

********************************************************************************************

Arnav had not expected anyone to enter his room when it was nearly midnight, no one dared to disturb him after he had gone to his room for the night. However, it seemed as though Khushi Rathod was the exception to every one of the rules that normal people followed when it came to him.

He was peacefully reading a book when his door was ruthlessly flung open. Arnav was about to give a verbal lashing to Khushi, because only she had the audacity to annoy him at this time of night when he saw her face.

Pain and fury were etched into her features. Tears saturated her eyes. She was holding on to a glass of water so hard, he was sure it was going to shatter.

"Khushi!" He got off the bed and made his way near her. She stood there, shaking slightly. The tears slipped down her face yet she made no effort to wipe them away.

On its own accord, his hands reached out and cupped her cheek, disregarding its silky feel, concentrating on wiping away her tears.

As if electrocuted by his sudden touch, she moved away from him, looking at him with tortured eyes.

She thrust the glass of water under his nose. "Smell this."

He stared at her as if she was insane...which she probably was. At first, he was going to refuse, but after seeing her broken state, he obliged and smelled. "I smell nothing Khushi." Arnav sighed.

She tugged on his head and forced it down so his nose was almost level with the water. "SMELL IT DAMMIT!"

Khushi had never spoken like this to him, not even when they were children. Hastily complying, he smelled the seemingly odorless water a couple times before comprehension dawned.

A hint of...something tinged his senses, like a butterfly kiss. He lifted his head and took the glass from Khushi's hand, setting it down.

A sudden rush of emotion surged through him for the woman in front of him. She stood there in his sister's red nightgown, looking so tantalizing, yet so vulnerable. He reached out to touch her right as she spoke.

"What you just smelled Arnav, was Di (2-ethylhexyl) phthalate, or as we call it, DEHP." Her cold voice froze his hand which was just about to push back the bangs that fell over her eyes.

"Do you know what it is, Arnav?"

He shook his head.

"It's a chemical found in drinking water, but it is also used as a plasticizer and packaging material. There's not enough of it in regular drinking water to effect a person, but if someone has been drinking it for long enough at a certain level, this nearly odorless chemical has serious side effects." She shuddered and took a step closer to him. "Would you like to know what they are?" She asked in a near whisper. Her breath fanned over his face.

He found that he couldn't speak.

"DEHP can cause liver problems Arnav. It damages a person's reproductive system. And worst of all, it leaves a person susceptible to cancer." A small part of her died as she said that. Had that been her voice that was so devoid of emotion?

Arnav stumbled back onto his bed, a chill clawing up his spine. No. No. No. NO! This could not be possible. His Di was being poisoned in his home, and he didn't know? By her husband?

He could feel his rage building, and inferno raging within him, ignited by his breath, fanned by his thoughts. He was just waiting to erupt. A strangled cry escaped from him as he sprung off his bed, stopping right in front of Khushi who looked simply stood there, defeated.

"Is there any way that you are mistaken...please...I...she's my sister." Arnav hated how broken his voice sounded, how weak he was. But she shook her head.

"Arnav, I majored in forensic science. I am well versed in my chemicals. We've been trained to detect any scent, and I recognized this one almost instantly." Her voice was dead, so unlike her. "Hasn't it struck you as odd, how after nearly four years of marriage, Di hasn't had a child?"

He noticed how she referred to the still unborn child as Di's, not Di and Shyam's. And yes, it had baffled him. Di was the perfect housewife with the perfect husband. Those two should have started popping babies out nine months after the wedding. Now, almost forty eight months had passed and still no baby, not even any pregnancy scares.

The nails digging into his fists were drawing blood, but he didn't give a damn. His sister, the woman who had lost everything, who had become a mother to a boy who was not yet a man, who had become the cruel plaything of society, who had become his world. Now...what was she? Now, she was the slave of a madman.

"Please Khushi, tell me she's not dying!" Arnav begged.

That was actually something that she had not considered. Anjali would need a blood test done so that Khushi could see how the exposure to DEHP had affected her bloodstream. A pang of fear ran through her. Di couldn't be dying! "Tell her to get a check-up done. I'll have one of my doctors do the examination. She's been drinking that water for a while, Arnav. Who knows what it could have done. Just to make sure though, I'll take samples from this cup and compare it to the rest of the house's water supply."

"You don't think that the house water..." Arnav trailed off, a queasy feeling in his stomach.

"No." Khushi said honestly. "You get inspections done every other month. They would have found something if there was anything. Di has a water tank in her room that could easily be laced by DEHP by Shyam. The only question is, who is his supplier?"

Arnav turned and slammed his fist into his dresser, disregarding the searing pain that followed. He deserved this pain for not helping his Di, he deserved that and much more. His Di, his zindagi, was destroyed. And he didn't do ONE thing to help her! He would take all the pain in the world just to atone for not taking care of his Di.

"Arnav." Khushi murmured, easing her way to his side. They stared at each other through the mirror, her hazel eyes boring into his caramel ones. She picked up his injured hand and examined it, fingers ghosting over the fresh blood. She went into his washroom to find antiseptic and a washcloth.

When she came out, he was still in the same position, looking into the mirror like it would give him all the answers to his problems.

She tugged on his arms and made him sit on the bed, forcing his head up so he looked at her. He kept his gaze on her as she dipped the washcloth in warm water and wiped away the blood on his hand. Arnav barely flinched when she rubbed cream into his wounds. All was quiet except for the sound of their breathing.

"Five hours." He muttered, causing her to stop what she was doing and look up.

"You haven't been here for five hours and you deduced information that may save my Di's life from that snake."

She scooted closer to him, placing a hand on his thigh. "It was pure luck coupled with my knowledge. If Di hadn't gone for a glass of water, I never would have known."

He didn't hear her. Arnav was lost in his own world, his mind whirling at tumultuous speeds. "You call her Di." Arnav said in a thoughtful tone.

Khushi was seriously worried for Arnav's mental health. It was harder to recover from emotional blows as opposed to physical ones. The knowledge of Anjali's possible health problems might have addled his mind.

"Newsflash Arnav, I've always called her Di." She resisted rolling her eyes in fear that he might hit something again.

He left his bed and paced the length of the room, thinking furiously. Very frequently, his eyes traveled to Khushi who looked at him quizzically.

"What will it take Khushi." He finally said after minutes of incessant pacing. "What will it take for you to take care of my Di?" Arnav came to sit next to her on the bed, waiting for her reply.

Khushi had expected something like this from Arnav. He claimed not to care about anything or anyone, but to Arnav Singh Raizada, family always came first...especially Anjali.

"Nav, I can't whisk her away from here." She said softly, caressing his injured hand. "But I promise you this. I'll stop by everyday and inspect this house myself if it comes to that."

He shook his head in anger. "NO! I don't want her to be in the presence of that...scum any longer than she has to. Just take her away!" His voice cracked as he let his head fall to her shoulder.

Khushi gulped at Arnav's defeated posture. This day had been a whirlwind of twists and turns that no one could have foreseen.

Khushi and Arnav had been through a lot in their twenty five years of acquaintanceship. She recalled how her mother had told her that the first place she had visited after she was born was this house, when both Aunty and Uncle were still alive. Maa had always made it a point to mention that Arnav had taken one look at her and promptly started crying because he thought that the hairless rat in Aparna Aunty's arms was going to take up his mother's time more than he would. It was from that day, when she was two days old, and he two years old, that an intense rivalry had begun, and never ended. Everything they did was to outdo the other.

If someone had asked Arnav a day ago if he would ever even consider spending a day with Khushi Rathod on his own accord, he would have scoffed and dropped that person off at a mental asylum. However, now, at 12:34 in the morning, with his head on her shoulder, unshed tears in his eyes, her hand gently draped over his shoulder, he realized that she was the only person he could do this with.

The chauvinistic part of Arnav recognized that their positions should have been reversed, that he should be comforting her. The truth was though, that she was a lot stronger than him emotionally. He hid everything under a mask of anger. When that mask crumbled, he couldn't control himself. It was only around her that this persona was gone, only around her where he could divulge his true feelings. There was something about her that made him lose his facade.

"Khushi." He whispered hoarsely against her cheek. His stubble brushed against the softness of her cheek. He felt her shiver and knew it had nothing to do with the cold. Something he was scared to put a name to coursed through his veins, pumping hot blood to every part of his body. A primal urge to clamp down on the milky expanse of her neck that she was baring to him racked his body with a shudder. He reigned in the foreign emotion with immense control that only ASR could have.

She held his face in both of her palms, taking in his bloodshot eyes and haggard appearance. A man as strong as Arnav should not look so broken.

Without thinking, she leaned in and kissed his forehead.

He stiffened at the feel of her soft lips against him, his control slipping at her touch. Khushi had kissed him once like this, years ago, when he was lying in her lap, sobbing his heart out. When she withdrew, he felt the loss of her warmth, her softness, her caring.

Unconsciously, he drew her to his side, wrapping an arm around her toned waist, noting the way she froze, then melted at his touch. He reveled in her warmth, burying his face within her hair, taking in her flowery scent, committing it to memory. He dropped a light kiss to her head, so soft that she might not even have felt it.

The action felt so...so familiar, so right, like he should have been doing this for years.

With her still attached to him, he rose to his feet, taking her with him. They walked in silence to Anjali's room, only to discover her fast asleep, the T.V. still blaring.

"I may have been gone longer than I thought." Khushi whispered sheepishly.

Arnav raised an eyebrow at her but didn't say anything. Instead, he walked over to his sister and picked her up.

"We'll take her to my room." He murmured, giving Khushi a pointed glance. She nodded. He didn't want Shyam to be sleeping next to Anjali. When he came home after his tryst, he would probably kick Khushi to the guest room anyway.

Even with Anjali's dead weight in his arms, Arnav moved fluidly to his room. Though Khushi didn't want to notice the way his biceps bulged with every step he took, she did.

She let out a soft sigh. Her feelings for him were confusing to say the least. To her, under all the fighting between them, an underlying sexual tension was present. It had been since they were old enough to understand what sexual tension was in the first place. He of course, was either aloof or ignored it. She had tried dating other men to get him out her mind, but no one could replace Arnav.

They had too much history together. He had never kept a serious girlfriend, or let any woman get close besides her, which comforted her marginally. He wasn't interested in her, never was, never will be.

Little did she know how wrong she was

Arnav placed Anjali delicately on the bed careful not to wake her.

He turned to look at Khushi. "I'll take the recliner, you can go to the guest room." He was careful to keep his eyes on her face so they wouldn't travel downwards to where her ample cleavage was so tantalizingly visible.

"Where do you think you're going?" Anjali's sleepy voice startled the two. Anjali sat up and watched her brother and future sister-in law with blurred vision.

"Di, please go to sleep." Arnav said wearily. It was late, and he needed to sleep. This day had taken the mickey out of him.

"Not without the both of you." She held out her hands, urging them to take the outstretched appendages.

"Di." Khushi groaned. "Please, the last time we slept in the same bed was more than a decade ago. All of us are adults now."

"But the bed is big enough for the three of us." Anjali whined. She was still half asleep. "Please, Chote, Khushi. For me."

That did it. Now they had to agree, especially after what they had learned a little while before.

Arnav and Khushi made their way to either side of Anjali but she stopped them again. "Chote, you go in the middle just like the old days."

Arnav gaped at his sister. They weren't twelve anymore! How could he possibly sleep next to Khushi? She had changed from a scrawny little girl to a beautiful and deadly woman who could kill him if he made one wrong move. Plus...he didn't know what he would do with her when she was so close to him. But Di's orders were final, and he couldn't go against them, so he resigned himself for a night without sleep and crawled to the middle of the bed.

Similarly, Khushi was thinking of ways she could just sleep into the guestroom, but each scenario ended with a teary Anjali who she just couldn't deal with. She cautiously lay down on the bed and turned over so she wouldn't have to see Arnav who was lying centimeters from her. She gulped when he shifted positions, probably giving his Di more space. '

Khushi could feel the heat emanating from his body and wished he would move. He was stifling her, and he didn't even know it.

She closed her eyes and prayed for the sun to rise a little faster so she could get up right away.

********************************************************************************************

Anjali yawned and blinked as the first rays of sunshine hit her. A feeling of contentment arose through her. This was the best sleep she had in a long time, including all the times she had spent in her husband's arms. She turned over slowly, making sure that Chote wasn't squished and promptly opened her mouth in shock.

For there was her Chote, the one who was always awake before the sun rose, the one who refused physical contact, the one who supposedly despised Khushi, spooning her.

If only Anjali had a camera, this was the perfect Kodak moment. Arnav had wound his arms around Khushi so tightly, Anjali wasn't sure if the poor woman could breathe or not. His chin rested on her head, breathing in her scent. She was nestled against his front, her hands on the arms that were around her.

They looked like the embodiment of a couple in love, and Anjali was about to wake these two lovebirds up.

"Oi!"

Khushi twitched.

"Chote! Khushi!"

Arnav scratched his ear.

"Uthiye!"

No response.

Anjali sighed. For a person who was supposed to be ready for an attack at moments notice, Khushi Rathod was an exceptionally heavy sleeper. And Chote...don't even get Anjali started on his sleeping habits. She had to try a different tactic, and she knew just the one.

"Ahem." Anjali cleared her throat with a wide smile on her face. "Kya nani? OP ne garama garam aloo ke parathe banaye hai? Aur JP ne jalebiya? Lekin Khushi aur Chote abhi tak so rahe hain...ab yeh khaana kaun khayega?"

Anjali watched with amazement as Khushi flew out of Arnav's arms while Arnav groggily came to a sitting position.

"Jalebi?"

"Aloo ke parathe?"

The laughter that she had held in for minutes burst out of Anjali violently causing Khushi and Arnav to give her identical bewildered looks.

Khushi groaned when she realized that there were no jalebis. She had been woken from a very nice dream where Arnav had been holding her like a lifeline. She still could imagine the way his arms felt around her in her sleep and she fought to keep a blush down. "Di! I was sleeping so nicely, and you woke me up for no reason.

That set off Anjali even more. "You..." Snort. "And Chote." Snort, snort, giggle. "Sleeping." Snort. "Nicely!"

Arnav and Khushi stared at the older woman before climbing out of bed. Khushi stood in front of Anjali with her hands on her hips. "So you tricked us with food? Di...how could you?"

Anjali had calmed down enough to speak coherently. "Sorry baba sorry. I just wanted you to wake up, and you didn't respond to anything else."

"Di." Arnav groaned, rubbing his eyes. "It's Saturday. I can't believe I'm saying this, but it would have been nice to sleep a little longer. My entire week has been crap." Though he wouldn't tell anyone, he knew why his Di was acting strangely. He knew Khushi had been in his arms and he didn't want to wake up. Her scent, her body's imprint against his, they were ingrained in his mind. Nothing could erase the way she had turned over in her sleep during the night and slung one leg over him, tugging him closer. Or how he had made her turn over again so that he could snuggle up behind her.

And if I had let you sleep any longer, someone other than me would have seen you and Khushi. Who knows what they might have concluded from your position. Anjali thought.

"Mine too." Khushi added in for good measure. "However, it's good that you woke us up Di. I have to stop by Headquarters anyway." Arnav caught the covert nod she gave to him and sent one back, immediately becoming serious. His inappropriate thoughts could wait till later. The sooner she took the water samples to her lab the better.

"Arey, have breakfast first!" Anjali demanded.

Khushi shook her head. "Di, I really should -"

"Rani-Sahiba!" Shyam's voice drowned out what she said. "Rani-Sahiba, where are you?"

His voice was getting closer. Arnav shook visibly, going to stand in front of Anjali before Shyam could come in. Just seconds later, Arnav's door opened with a CLANG revealing an irate Shyam. Khushi wrinkled her nose in disgust. He was still wearing the same clothes as yesterday, though now they were crumpled. As soon as he saw Anjali, his mouth curled up into his characteristic smile, eyes glinting with faked relief.

"Rani-Sahiba, aap yahan, Sale Sahib ke room mein?" He asked sweetly. Shyam moved forward, trying to get closer to Anjali only to have Arnav block him.

"Jijaji." Arnav said with a tinge of venom. It took a herculean amount of restraint from him to not kill Shyam where he stood.

Khushi glanced between Arnav and Shyam. A forced smile lingered on Arnav's face. She moved to stand by Arnav, shielding Anjali even more. Her expression was the same as his as she stared Shyam straight in the eye.

"On second thought Di, I would love to have some breakfast."

Alright guys, buddy me for PM's and let me know what you thought๐Ÿ˜Š

Rhysenn thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Omg, I loved how Arnav and Khushi were caught. Undeniably, there is a really strong sexual tension between the two, that is apparently tangible. And I really feel bad for Anjali, don't kill her off; she deserves to have a happy ending with Shyam behind the bars or tortured to insanity by Arnav and Khushi for harming their loved ones. Anyways, I love how this story is shaping up, and please continue soon! Brilliant writing so far, this story has definitely got me hooked!!๐Ÿ˜›Edited by Rhysenn - 11 years ago