Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ISensedYou thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
dis s totally awsum yaar...very intrestin...do  pm me wen u update...ill send u a buddy request
vedu22 thumbnail
Engager 3 Thumbnail Engager 2 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks for the positive response guys:) Here's chapter 3...

Chapter 3

The rest of the day went by slow for both of them. The early morning excitement was offset by confirmation that it was indeed Mr. Singhania who killed his wife. He had decided to flee the country and catch the first plane to Australia, but luckily Khushi and her men had caught up with him just in time to make an arrest as well as the 6:00 P.M. News. It seemed as though Commander Rathod was making national headlines...again.

Similarly for Arnav, the day went by very slow, not only because of the lack of real work, but because his entire office was trying to find out the relationship between himself and Khushi.

Already he had heard people say that she was his secret girlfriend, secret wife, or the mother of his secret child. It was ridiculous! There was a reason that Arnav refrained from having any type of relationship with a woman, and it was precisely because they had the innate ability to stick their noses where they didn't belong. It was really quite annoying having so many female workers on his staff. They either wanted to seduce him, or find new and innovative ways to try to get him to notice them. He didn't even want to go into how starved they were for any stories about him in the tabloids.

Let them think what they want to think. Arnav thought. At least with Khushi coming in, she too was the object of their obsession, not just him.

Khushi, that was the other reason the day was going by so slow. The last time he had seen her was seven months ago at a Raizada-Rathod family get together. She had left for England the following week because she was working with Interpol in an international investigation. He still couldn't process the fact that Khushi, the clumsiest girl in the world, was allowed to carry a gun. Worst yet, she had actually used it...

Arnav had to admit that she wasn't the bumbling, awkward, tomboy she had been years ago, but it was hard to equate that the Khushi he had seen today, was the same one he had grown up with. She was literally a lethal weapon now. He smiled ever so slightly remembering all the times they played cops and robbers as kids. Him and Khushi were always the cops while Akaash and NK were the robbers.

Suddenly, he couldn't wait to go home. Maybe it was the fact that he had finally told someone what had been bothering him for months, or that the someone he had told was Khushi, but he was tired, so very tired. He and Khushi hadn't even argued. For the first time since a long time, they were on the same wavelength. Both had mutual concern for someone they cared for very much.

All he wanted to do was go home and make sure that his Di was okay. He checked his watch. 5:30. Hm, he had told Nani and Di that he would be home just before dinner, but now he was thinking of taking a break and going home...along with Akaash and Payal so it didn't look strange. With that thought in mind, he walked briskly towards the two.

Akaash was busy doodling on Payal's notepad while Payal was typing away halfheartedly on the computer. She didn't even pick up her pace when Arnav came over. The lull of the day was getting to everyone.

Akaash looked at his Bhai once and groaned. "Please don't tell me to do any more work. I'm dying here!"

Inwardly, Arnav scoffed at Akaash's behavior, but agreed nonetheless. "No Akaash. I was just wondering if you and Payal wanted to go home."

Arnav looked away from Akaash's 'I could kiss you right now' face. He and Payal shared an amused glance before Arnav cleared his throat and stared at Akaash with his classic ASR look. Unfortunately, Akaash was immune to this look and flung his arm around Arnav.

"Thanks so much Bhai! I was just about to come up to your cabin and ask you the same thing." Akaash frowned as if something was troubling him. "But Bhai, aap...I mean, why do you want to go home so urgently? Mera matlab hai, you stay here until it's absolutely necessary to go home. So then why today...?" Akaash snapped his fingers in realization, a knowing glint in his eye. "It's because of Khushi isn't it! You want to go home to see her!"

Arnav was just thankful that no one other than Aman was in hearing range and he knew that Aman would never dare say a word of this to anyone.

Arnav took a deep breath. Yes, it was partly because of Khushi, but it was mostly about Di. His protective younger brother feelings were quite strong today. "No Akaash, it's not about Khushi. Contrary to popular belief, my entire life doesn't revolve around her comings and goings. If you haven't forgotten, I too am only human. This entire week has sapped my energy, and I'm going home with or without you. So either shut up and come with me, or stay here."

Before Akaash could say another word, Payal put her hand on his arm in warning. "We're coming jijaji. Aren't we, Akaash-ji?" Arnav stifled a smirk at Payal's not so subtle underlying or else. She might look docile, but Arnav knew she wasn't.

Akaash looked as though someone had knocked the wind out of him as he looked at his wife. "Yes, we are coming." He agreed dutifully.

"Right...ahem...well, come on then." Arnav was on the verge of laughing...but not laughing.

"Aman!" He yelled causing said man to come rushing towards him.

"Yes sir?"

"Akaash, Payal, and I are going home. If anything urgent comes up, transfer the office phone to my cell. Is that clear?"

Aman didn't have the time to even mutter a "Yes Sir," as the trio swept out of the office.

As he watched them go, a small part of Aman couldn't help but wonder if indeed Khushi-madam was the reason that Sir was leaving the office so very quickly.

*********************************************************************************************

Di, Nani, and Mami had squealed the second he had announced Khushi was coming over for dinner. Immediately, Di had called for OP and JP to start making Khushi's favorite dishes which just so happened to be Arnav's favorites as well. Shyam had arrived just minutes after they did, and Arnav was glad that he had decided to come home early. His jijaji had smiled in a seemingly genuine manner, but Arnav had still seen the cold glint in Shyam's eye that Arnav had not detected until some time ago.

Arnav went to his room to freshen up and change. Though he looked damn good in his Armani suits, it was a hassle wearing them everyday. Sometimes, a nice sweater and sweatpants were the way to go. He flipped the T.V on and sat up in interest. There was Khushi on the news. He listened to the anchor with rapt attention.

"Today, a monumental case was closed as Agent Khushi Rathod and her team caught the killer of Mrs. Yash Singhania right at Delhi Airport. At 2:23 this afternoon, Mr. Yash Singhania was arrested and convicted for the murder of his wife. Agent Rathod had ordered her subordinates to survey the crime scene once more and check for specific evidence that might indite Mr. Singhania. Her instincts proved correct again. When asked as to how she knew that Mr. Singhania was the killer when all the evidence pointed to the robbers, Ms. Rathod smiled. She said that 'sometimes the evidence can be misleading, and it's our job to separate the useful material from the non-useful material. I never believed it could have been the burglars. I know these types of robbers, they want to leave as quietly as possible and not leave a mess. The fact that Mrs. Singhania wasn't even at home during the robbery was also a huge clue. Mr. Singhania might be a great businessman, but the man doesn't know how to kill someone without getting caught.'

Her thoroughly candid remarks managed to draw laughs from even the most hardened reporters. Special Task Force Commander Rathod, though young, clearly knows what she's doing..."

Arnav shut the T.V off with a small smile. Yes, he was even more assured of the fact that Khushi would put that Snake behind bars...

*********************************************************************************************

Khushi was dying to get to the Raizada Mansion as soon as possible. Atman had volunteered to take over the precinct for the night and she was eternally grateful. This entire month she had put in so many hours here, slaving over each case. She was so glad for the dinner. It would take her mind off of things for a while.

She went home quickly and changed into a simple white sundress that flowed over her naturally. It had been a present from Arnav. She felt so free in it and couldn't help but twirl around a couple times. He might be a complete jerk, but the man did know what would look good on her.

From her closet, she retrieved the wedding present she had wanted to give the newly wed couple so badly.

Luckily, her parents had gone out for dinner so she wouldn't see them until later. With a soft sigh, she stepped into the cool night's air.

Khushi closed her eyes and let the wind blow through her hair. It felt so peaceful. It was only when her driver coughed not so inconspicuously that she hopped in the car.

Arriving at the Raizada house was not a novel experience, far from it, yet she still felt a thrill every time she set foot in this place.

She didn't even have a chance to ring the doorbell because the door was opened by a very eager Di who immediately pulled her into a hug and kissed her forehead tenderly.

"Khushi!" Anjali yipped in delight. "It's been too long."

Khushi put her gift on the ground and returned Di's hug tenfold. She looked into this sweet woman's eyes and had to stop tears from coming into her own. How could anyone even dare hurt such a pure soul?

"I missed you Di." Khushi said softly.

"Me too, Khushi, me too." Anjali replied.

Khushi detached herself from Anjali's arms and went forward to a waiting Nani and Mami to touch their feet. She hugged them tightly too before bending down to the ever present Laxmi and petting her head gently.

"It's so good to be back here!" Khushi clapped her hands together and skipped into the living room where Mama, Akaash, and Payal already were sitting. The only one missing was Arnav.

After Khushi had touched Mama's feet, she gave Akaash and Payal their present and told them to open it only when they were alone. At the ridiculous blushes on their faces, Khushi had assured them there was nothing dirty in her gift at all.

She felt a tap on her shoulder and saw the very man she was here to observe ' Shyam.

"Khushi-ji, don't I get a hug as well?" Shyam asked in a sickly sweet tone. Khushi was taken aback by how right Arnav was. There was something different about Shyam right now, or maybe she was looking at him through new eyes.

"Of course Jiju! How could I possibly forget you!" She wrapped her arms around him loosely only to have him pull her closer and literally caressed her back.

She drew back instantaneously and shot him what she hoped was a genuine smile.

"Khushi!" Arnav's voice resonated through the room. He was leaning on a pillar, his arms crossed, a very forced smile on his face. You didn't have to be a cop to realize that he was tense. Khushi knew why. He had probably seen the way Shyam had acted with her, and hadn't liked it a bit.

What she hadn't seen was the way Shyam had looked at Arnav as he had pulled Khushi closer, an almost daring glint in his eye.

Arnav had been observing Khushi since the minute she walked into his house. She looked stunning in the white dress. If he wasn't mistaken, that was a gift he had given her for her birthday...at Anjali's urging of course. It hugged her curves in a seductive manner. He ached...no! He did not just contemplate thinking about feeling her body against his. But then Shyam had demanded a hug from her. He saw her slightly guarded expression and how she had put as much distance between them in the hug.

His fists clenched when Shyam pulled her closer and shot him a challenging look almost as if he knew what Arnav's agenda was. He watched as Shyam brought both of his arms to Khushi's back and softly stroke the bare skin there.

That was when Arnav lost it. "Khushi!" He had yelled causing Shyam to let go of her much to Arnav and Khushi's relief.

"Yes Arnav?" Khushi asked, rolling her eyes at Anjali who was all set to break up any potential fights. Khushi's eyes wandered over Arnav's body on their own volition, noting how his muscles were straining against his favorite sweater. She gulped ever so slightly. How could he make everything look so good?

"Don't I get a hug too?" His tone completely changed, becoming a little more naughty, a little more like the Arnav who used to pull on her pigtails and call her names.

Ignoring the shocked look on everybody's faces, including Shyam's, Khushi walked over to him at a steady pace before stopping directly in front of his still smirking visage.

"Hm...someone's in a good mood today." Khushi said nonchalantly, though the hard glint in her eye betrayed her voice.

Arnav knew that glint. It was the same one she had had when he had seen her on T.V. She too had seen something was off with Shyam and didn't like it one bit. They were going to have to talk later.

"I don't know. Shayad aaj mujhe bohot khushi aa rahi hai." He winked at her. "So, do I get a hug or not?"

To answer him, she came forward and gently loped her arms around his shoulders, pushing herself on to his hard chest. Her head was level with his heart. She could hear the steady pounding of the organ he claimed not to use. She squeaked as his arms came around her, pushing her flush against him. His head bent down, close to her ear. To the onlookers, it looked like a very intimate position. Never before had they seen their Chote so willing to hug anyone...especially Khushi!

"Arnav!" She hissed. "What are you doing." She tried to squirm out of his grasp, but his arms were like two metal bands around her.

"Stop moving Khushi." Arnav whispered harshly in her ear. She was wiggling against a very sensitive part of him, and no matter how much he denied that he didn't like Khushi, he was still a man. The way she fit perfectly against him didn't go unnoticed as well. He gulped slightly but didn't let go, suddenly glad that he was wearing sweatpants.

Khushi shivered as his breath tickled her ear. What had gotten into him today? Did he even realize that he was hugging her in front of the entire family for far longer than was appropriate?

"You saw it didn't you, or rather felt it?" He inquired softly and she went still. So that was what this was about.

"Yes Arnav, and let me tell you, I didn't like it one bit. But I'll talk to you about it later. You need to let me go so we can eat!" She stepped on his foot for good measure, just to keep up pretenses.

He yelped and glared at her. She childishly stuck her tongue out at him and went to go hide behind Anjali. Unknown to both of them, the family sighed in relief. There was nothing weird going on. Those two were back to their old selves.

"Alright you two! Bas karo!" Anjali said, a smile on her face. These two...they never changed.

"But Di! She -" Arnav was cut off by Anjali raising a hand at him.

"Chote! I'm sure she had a good reason for doing what she did." Anjali couldn't help but giggle at the childish expression on her fully grown brother's face. It was amazing how Khushi was able to bring out the Arnav in him that was hidden behind ASR.

"Dinner is ready." Nani said, hiding the laughter that was going to burst out. Khushi smiled sweetly at Arnav who glowered back before going to the dinner table.

On the other hand, Arnav thought, maybe inviting her over wasn't such a good idea...

Precap: Khushi sleeps over?

Again...please comment/like and Buddy me for PM'sπŸ˜†

Edited by vedu22 - 11 years ago
norolim thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Res*
*Edited:

Yay! Me first! (First time being first, the feeling is amazing. :D) *Doing the bhangra*
Okay, to the point now; I LOVE IT.
Your writing style is so smooth and wonderful that its a pleasure to read. I adore the storylines and the inter personal dynamics of the characters, not just Arnav and Khushi.
And Arnie baba ko already sexual attraction hui gawaa. ;)
Ab Khushi bitiya ko bhi kuch der mein ho jaayega. ;)

Shyam you are dead. Literally.

Arnav and Khush, you're dead too.
Figuratively.

πŸ˜†

Update soon. :D
Edited by ArShifan1997 - 11 years ago
fffan123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Absolutely loved the update. Waiting to read more. Please update soon
Edited by fffan123 - 11 years ago
ggn_girl thumbnail
hi
Very nice. I love the characters esp Kushi. Looking forward to reading more
felicitysmoak. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
 Awesome update :)
Loved it loadz <3
Jealous jealous Arnav :P
Thy r just sooo cute :D
Update soon
Umuahhh
xoxoxoxox
sunshine23 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hello!!..That was great, I love the relationship between the two..and the hug..oh man..

Shyam is totally disgusting,

and I really, really like this Fic because i've always wanted to read something like this and now you're writing it, so I thank you for that..

Thanks so much for the PM, and update sooonnn!!!!
πŸ˜ƒ
segad thumbnail
hated the shyam khushi hug -  he is a slimebag

loved the arnav - khushi hug.  keep everyone guessing

lovely update
thanks for the PM.  Can i please request an index on page 1 for the chapters?
Rhysenn thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I'm in lala land here I absolutely love this concept, it's so damn interesting!! Please continue, I'm sure the chemistry between Arnav and Khushi will be explosive to oust out the baddies in this story. πŸ˜ƒ
udaymanyata07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
πŸ‘πŸ‘thnaks.awesome..brillaint..work.amzing...concept..pelase updtae sooon...and pm me when you do update...fantastic...πŸ‘πŸ‘