Thanks for the pm by the way:)
crazyweird thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Very nice ff had been looking for it since past few days finally found it
BSRaizada thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Gr8 gr8 part. I'm loving this More n more.loved both r started thinking of each other n also like their possessiveness for anji. Plz she should b alright...
Plz nxt update ASAP.. Thanks for d pm
esmeralda111 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
oh that was amazing...I found ur FF and finished it one go...v fresh...amazing setting...just loved it...update soon πŸ‘
alankruta thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
nice update dear... Lvd it
sunshine23 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Update soon! πŸ˜Š
jshreya16 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
U WRITE REALLY AWESOME...PLS DO UPDATE SOON N ADD ME IN UR BUDDY LIST...
--SKALOVE-- thumbnail
tht was great i luved the part how they were in each other arms great job
vedu22 thumbnail
Engager 3 Thumbnail Engager 2 Thumbnail + 5
Chapter 6! I would like to thank everyone who commented on this and please continue! This is a serious/mature ff, but rest assured Anjali will not be hurt. I just despise Shyam with every fiber of my being and want to make him burn in Dante's Inferno...but I do need to show my readers how much damage he's done.
If you would like Pm's, please buddy me! Enjoy😊

Chapter 6 - Shopping?

A visibly tense Arnav cut his Aloo Paratha into tiny pieces, not realizing what he was doing. Sitting next to him, Khushi sipped her tea, a hand on his thigh.

More than once, Khushi had to restrain Arnav from getting up and attacking the man in front of him. Arnav in turn reciprocated the action. The Raizada family noticed nothing odd, except for the fact that Khushi and Arnav were not fighting with each other.

"Khushi bitiyaan, are you alright? You look tired." Nani observed astutely. "You and Chote didn't fight too much last night, right?" She asked, mischief present in her wise eyes. Akaash had told her all about Arnav and Khushi's little fight yesterday.

Too bad they couldn't get a video recording of it so she could show her future great-grandchildren how silly their parents were.

Anjali sniggered.

"I'm fine Nani. Arnav and I didn't even talk last night." She shook her head menacingly at Akaash who was about to say something. He waggled his eyebrows at her much to Arnav's ire. His little pest of a brother/cousin was extremely annoying.

"Lekin Rani-Sahiba,"

Khushi felt like strangling the snake just so she wouldn't hear his syrupy voice.

"Why were you in Sale-Sahib's room? When I returned home, you weren't in our bed."

Arnav felt slightly nauseated when his sister held Shyam's hand. Khushi squeezed his thigh a bit harder, making sure he didn't get up.

"Actually, I'm not so sure myself. The last thing I remember before waking up was falling asleep in our bed with the T.V. on." Anjali looked at Arnav. "Chote, why did you move me?"

Arnav was at a loss. What could he say? I moved you because I couldn't stand the thought of you sharing a bed with that rotten garbage known as your husband?

"Actually Di, you looked really uncomfortable and you even moaned in pain a couple times. It was my idea to move you to Arnav's room. His bed is more comfortable than yours anyway." Khushi interjected before Arnav could say anything. Arnav was useless when it came to spontaneity. He lived life according to his own schedule and couldn't deal with things that were out of place.

Anjali had a thoughtful look on her face. Come to think about it, her leg had been paining her more recently. "Thanks Khushi, Chote! You guys take care of me so well!"

That last statement hit their hearts hard, especially Arnav's. Not enough Di, it was never enough. But I promise you. Khushi and I will save you from this hell.

The grip she had on his leg tightened. It was very painful. They were thinking the exact same thing.

"Di, since today I'm in a decent mood, why don't I take you shopping, you know...for...ahem...sibling bonding?" Arnav wasn't sure if he was asking her or telling her but it worked.

Anjali squealed in joy and stood up to give her brother a hug which he halfheartedly returned.

"Chote, I can't believe this! You actually want to take me shopping...willingly! Hai re Devi Maiyaan, you really have listened to my prayers!" Anjali gushed causing the entire table except Shyam to smile widely. It was rare that Arnav took Anjali shopping, and even rarer that he himself suggested it.

"Di, you prayed for me to take you shopping?" Arnav asked incredulously.

Anjali gave him an 'are you stupid' look that he returned blankly. "No Chote, I prayed for your aura and heart chakra to open up so you would become more loving. That way, the right woman for you would make her way into your life." Anjali said this as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

Arnav gaped at her and tried to cover his amusement with his 'unbelievable' face. His Di had actually prayed to a goddess that he didn't believe in to make him more lovable so his aura would open up? Where did she come up with this stuff?

"Right Di, I'm sure the imaginary woman up in the clouds listened to your prayers." If such a deity existed, she never would have given someone like Shyam to my sister. Arnav thought bitterly, cleverly concealing his increasingly dark thoughts under a scowl.

Anjali glared at him. Her brother really was an insensitive prat at times. "Just for that Chote, Khushi is coming with us." If she was expecting a violent outburst from Arnav stating all the reasons that Khushi couldn't come, she was severely disappointed. Instead, she saw Arnav raise his eyebrows at Khushi who sighed back ' an act of resignation.

The type of communication they had without words was something only two people who completely understood each other had.

The family stared on in disbelief. Arnav had just silently asked Khushi if she was okay in coming with him! What they didn't know was that Arnav had decided that today was for his Di, and if that meant that Khushi was going to intrude on their brother-sister bonding time, then so be it.

Whatever his Di wanted, he would do. Her wish was his command...but only for today.

"I'll join you and Arnav at the mall Di. It really is imperative that I go to work just for fifteen minutes" Khushi checked her watch. "In fact, I should leave now. The quicker my work is done the better it will be for everyone."

Only Arnav caught the real meaning behind her words. A rush of gratitude for her rose through him. It was Khushi who had found out Di was being poisoned.

Without her, his Di may have died from prolonged exposure to the harmful chemical.

"I'll walk you to the door." Arnav swiftly stood, ignoring the way Nani's jaw dropped, or how Akaash and Anjali were throwing knowing glances at Khushi and him.

The two of them walked silently to the front door and made sure no one had followed them.

"You have the samples?" He asked in a low voice. Khushi nodded, patting her purse where two vials of water resided.

"Arnav..."

"I know. I'll get rid of the water right away."

"And -"

"I'll remove the tank from her room and make sure that she only drinks what I give her."

"Also -"

"Yes yes, I know. She'll come for a checkup in the next two days."

"How -"

"I'll get her to come without tipping her off. I always do."

Khushi was starting to get seriously annoyed for many reasons. One of them was that he wasn't letting her finish her sentences. Another was that he knew well enough to know exactly what she was going to say. Judging from the smirk on his face, he knew that he was pissing her off.

"Come to Ansal Plaza by noon." A shadow appeared on his face. "And -"

"I'll let you know what the results of the tests are right away."

If he was surprised by her answer, he didn't show it. Instead he nodded and even held the door open for her. They knew each other so well, it wasn't a surprise that they could predict what the other was going to ask.

He watched her car leave the house with a thoughtful expression. Yesterday had been...eventful to put it lightly. Just bringing up memories of what had transpired brought a rage like no other to him.

Destroying Shyam was the only way for his sister to be safe. Physically...mentally...whatever. He needed to be erased.

Arnav carefully considered his next course of actions. Sure, he was powerful in India, and sure, he had enough money to quietly take Shyam out, but was that enough? Khushi on the other hand, she had the law and power by her side. And if she was by his side...

He massaged his temples slowly, trying to get rid of the headache that was building.

He didn't hate Khushi...no...hate wasn't the word to use. He simply disliked her. Even that was stretching it. She annoyed him, he annoyed her, end of story. He'd known her for twenty five out of his twenty seven years. He didn't remember how their rivalry had started, but he did know when it had ended.

Yesterday.

Arnav knew what he had to do. He had made his decision some time in the night when he had awoken to find Khushi's body against his own and found that every part of his body had liked the feeling of her against him.

Now he just had to make her agree with him.

Oh joy.

He was going to have to buy jalebis...lots and lots of jalebis.

**************************************************************************************

Khushi dropped off the water to the lab where Dr. Sandeep Mehra was already working. She didn't tell him why she wanted them to be tested and he didn't ask. That was the beauty of their relationship.

He told her the results would be in about six hours because he had another case that was a bit more pressing than whatever she needed.

Khushi left her building and went straight home to change and take a nice long shower. It was here that she allowed herself to sink down to the floor of the shower, bring her knees to her chest, and let the warm water do its magic over her body.

Di would be destroyed, crushed by Shyam's betrayal. How would she bounce back?

Would she bounce back?

Furthermore, weren't she and Arnav also betraying Anjali by not telling her the truth? They were going behind her back to save her, but did the ends justify the means? When the truth got out, would she forgive them, her brother and the girl she considered her sister?

The tears rolling down her face mingled with the now cool water. In her profession, keeping emotions locked away was of the utmost importance, especially for sensitive cases. For Khushi however, her feelings were her greatest asset. She was the exact opposite of Arnav.

Khushi sat there, contemplating on their next move, planning. Her analytical mind was not helping her here.

It was only when she felt the water turn cold that she stood and shakily made her way out of the shower, the icy water clearing her senses. Whatever happened in the future, her and Arnav would always protect Di.

****************************************************************************************

Anjali sighed at her brother who was currently tapping his foot in impatience, uncaring of the hot sun that was blazing down on him in all of his three-piece suit glory. It was 11:59 and he was waiting for Khushi. How was it that he managed not to sweat wearing all of that? She looked around, disgusted by the lustful looks women of all ages threw at him and the jealousy that exuded off of them that was directed at her. How did he remain so aloof to that?

"Chote! Stop that!" Anjali cried, not caring who heard her. His tapping was getting on her last nerve. The looks of jealousy died down as the women realized that the very hot man was her little brother. I wonder what they'll do when Khushi gets here?

Arnav didn't stop, in fact, he got worse. The perpetual scowl deepened and he clenched his fists. Khushi was late. Okay, no she wasn't. It was just the knowledge of what he was going to do later on that was making him mad.

Then he saw it, the sleek black car that only she could drive. He nearly sighed in relief.

"Chote, Khushi's here." Anjali elbowed him in the ribs unnecessarily. He resisted wincing and glared at Khushi through his aviators.

He watched as Khushi walked up gracefully and aristocratically towards them, turning the heads of many men in her skinny jeans and tight kurta. Her raven hair flowed to the middle of her back, shimmering under the harsh sun. He trailed his eyes appreciatively over her slim figure, lingering on the way her clothing clung to her in all the right places. Taking off his sunglasses, he walked up to Khushi and gripped her hand possessively sending discrete glares (which did not go unnoticed by her) at any person brave enough to even look at Khushi.

For her part, Khushi simply sighed. Honestly...this man was hot and cold all at once. "I'm not late Arnav."

He didn't say anything, knowing she was right. Instead, he was literally dragging her towards Anjali who watched the two of them with a small smirk. The looks of the other women in the area were priceless. He doesn't realize that he looks like a very jealous lover.

They walked like that into the mall, Anjali in front of them.

Arnav bent his head down so that his lips were tickling to Khushi's ear. She stiffened at the unexpected contact.

To those watching (and there were many), they looked like a couple sharing a private conversation. Unwittingly, he inhaled her scent. Today, she smelled only of roses, not gunpowder.

Khushi was intoxicating, the sweetest nectar. Arnav repressed the tremor of lust that was jolting through his already stimulated body. 

"Did you give it?" He whispered into her ear, much like he had done last night.

She nodded, trying to ignore what his proximity, his heat, his cologne, was doing to her. It felt like her intestines were turning into melting puddles. Every nerve ending in her body tingled with heightened awareness. "The results will come by mid afternoon."

He straightened, satisfied, still not letting go of her hand. They walked slowly, like they had all the time in the world.

"Chote! Khushi! Let's go here." Anjali's enthusiastic voice broke them out of whatever spell they were under. Khushi tore her hand from his to rush up next to Anjali and follow her into the clothing store she was eagerly standing outside of.

Arnav stared at his palm for an agonizing moment, noting the loss of warmth, remembering the way how her palm had fit perfectly in his, how her body had fit against his.

The thoughts about her that he had kept in the back of his mind came rushing in a great tidal wave.

Confusion.

That was what raged in his mind at the moment.

And Khushi was the cause.

He wasn't sure what to feel for her anymore. Friend? Rival? Something deeper?

He shook his head. Now was not the time to think about her. Today, it was Di's day. He had resigned himself to become a bag carrier for his overenthusiastic sister who was also an impulsive buyer.

He would deal with Khushi tonight.

Which reminded him.

He needed to find a sweet shop.

So, can anyone guess what Arnav's going to do tonight? (Seriously, it's not that hard to guess)

Buddy me for PM's!

Edited by vedu22 - 11 years ago
felicitysmoak. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Awesome update x loved it loadz <3 hope ArHi beat shyam back and blue he deserves it he's such a πŸ€¬ Loved the over protective Arnav whn those men were staring at khushi :D ummm let me guess he's gonna buy khushi loadz and loadz of jalebi :P update soon xoxooxox