Second hand husbands, affairs,Meenaxi &Lalbabu

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago

Compiled and written by Pop_cultured of pinkvilla.com

Please pay careful attention to Jaya Prada's mess of a marriage. She married the dude yet he continous to spawn heirs from his first wife. Can you say W*F 

The Dating List:

Kareena Kapoor's dating Saif Ali Khan who was previously married to Amrita Singh for 13 years. They have two children (Sara and Ibrahim) together. When Kareena and Saif get married, she'll be a real life step mom.

Vidya Balan's dating Siddharth Roy Kapus who has apparently been married twice before. He is also the CEO of UTV Motion Pictures. Rumor has it that they're planning to get married soon.

Rani Mukherji has been dating Aditya Chopra for awhile now (rumored to be engaged already). He's been married once before.

Shruti Hassan was rumored to be dating Siddharth (of Rang De Basanti fame) who was also been married before.

The Married List:

Kalki Koechlin is married to Anurag Kashyap who divorced his first wife with whom he has a daughter.

Amrita Arora married Shakeel Ladakh who is a divorcee as well.

Shilpa Shetty'shusband Raj Kundra was married before. His ex-wife claimed that Shilpa Shetty broke up their marriage.

Kiran Rao married Aamir Khan who was previously married to Reena Dutta and with whom he had 2 children.

Lara Dutta married tennis champ Mahesh Bhupathi who was married to model Shvetha Jaishankar. Lara has made it very clear in interviews that she was not even the picture until after the divorce.

Karishma Kapoor married Delhi-based businessman Sanjay Kapur who was married to Nandita Mahtani earlier.

Shabana Azmi married Javed Akhtar who was married to Honey Irani. Farhan Akhtar and Zoya Akhtar are Javed's kids from his first marriage.

Sangeeta Bijlani (former Miss India) married former Indian cricketer Mohammed Azharuddin who divorced his first wife Naureen to marry her. Sangeeta and Mohammed's marriage ended in divorce as well. Sangeeta dated Salman Khan briefly in the 90's and rumor has it that they're maybe dating again.

Mahima Chaudhary married an architect Bobby Mukherjee who has two kids from his previous marriage.

Manyata Dutt is Sanjay Dutt's third wife. He was previously married to Risha Sharma and Rhea Pillai.

Raveena Tandon is married to distributor Anil Thadani who was previously married to Natasha Sippy.

Sania Mirza married Shoaib Malik amidst a lot controversy that he hadn't yet divorced his first wife Ayesha Siddiqui.

Sarika Thakurmarried actor Kamal Hassan after his divorce from Vani Ganapathy. Sarika and Kamal had two children (Shruti and Akshara Hassan) out of wedlock and only married after both children were born. Sadly, they ended up divorcing as well.

Madhubala married playback singer Kishore Kumar who divorced his first wife actress Ruma Guha Thakurta for her. Prior to her marriage to Kishore Kumar, Madhubala had a 5 year long relationship with actor Dilip Kumar.

The Infamous List:

Jayaprada married producer Srikanth Nahata who was already married to Chandra and with whom he had 3 children. Srikanth did not divorce his first wife and continued to have children with her after marrying Jayaprada. Apparently, Jayaprada and Chandra cordially agreed to share a husband.

Hema Malinimarried actor Dharmendra who was already married to Prakash Kaur and with whom he had four children. Since his first wife refused to divorce him, Hema Malini and Dharmendra converted to Islam in order to be able to get legally married.

Helen married Salman Khan's father Salim Khan in 1980 and became his 2nd wife. Salim stayed married to his first wife Salma with whom he has 4 children (Salman Khan, Arbaaz Khan, Sohail Khan and Alvira Khan). Helen and Salim adopted daughter is Arpita Khan.

Sridevi married film producer Boney Kapoor who was previously married to Mona and with whom he had 2 kids. Boney left Mona Kapoor for Sri Devi. Mona continued to live her in-laws for 10 years after he married Sridevi. Sridevi was pregnant with her first daughter even before her marriage to Boney Kapoor.

Smita Patil married Raj Babbar who left his first wife Nadira Zaheer for her. Raj Babbar had 2 children from his 1st marriage. Smita and Raj had one son together, Prateik Babbar.

Although Parveen Babi never got married, I believe she deserves a special mention. She was rumored to have been in relationships with many married men including director Mahesh Bhatt, actors Kabir Bedi, Danny Denzongpa and even Amitabh Bachchan.

Edited by taraforjax - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Supari_khala thumbnail
And where does the Shatru-Poonam-Reena-Mohsin rectangle with their kids fit into all this? Its undeniable that Sonakshi takes after Reena Roy...?
Supari_khala thumbnail
Jaya Prada's is quite interesting...never knew there was so much dirt on her.

Dangerous liaisons
celebrity circus
BHARATHI S. PRADHAN

If Azam Khan wanted dirt on Jaya Prada, he didn't have to look far. When Jaya Prada was new to the Hindi film industry, with only Sridevi for a rival, there would be occasional outbursts from her every time a glossy would interview Chandra Nahta, the wife of a film-based businessman from Hyderabad. There'd be heaps of dirt on how Jaya Prada had caught the fancy of a much-married Shrikant Nahta and was breaking up this happy family. After years of the wife versus the actress, Jaya Prada even "married" Shrikant and began to call herself Mrs Nahta. While Shrikant had children with his wife, he could never oblige Jaya Prada on that front.

"What can we girls do," Jaya Prada once asked a colleague of mine. "We're in a situation where we don't really get to meet eligible people from the outside world." So it was better to be one man's darling than to have many wolves leering at you.😆 Jaya didn't have much of a family background to speak of and there was only a brother called Raja who managed her business affairs and sometimes got on people's nerves in the bargain. All of us have met Raja at some stage; he didn't seem to be doing much other than live in his sister's shadow.

Those days, although Jaya Prada had impeccable dancing genes in her, and came into the Hindi film industry dancing to Rishi Kapoor's dafli in Sargam, she didn't want to be another dancing Southie like Hema Malini. She looked up to Jaya (Bhaduri) Bachchan and wanted to follow in her footsteps.

There was a stark difference in the very personality of Jaya Prada once she met fellow-Andhraite Chandrababu Naidu and entered the world of politics. From a diffident, gauche interviewee, she metamorphosed into a confident, well-spoken woman. She was shooting with Shatrughan Sinha for a film in Mumbai when she called a couple of journalists over for lunch and held forth on the "empowerment of women." Her political mentor Chandrababu Naidu had clearly done a great job of transforming an essentially poorly-educated actress into an admirable woman who could hold a mike and speak out without hesitation. But one remembers Jaya Prada smartly handing out a visiting card that still called her Jaya Prada Nahta, Member of Parliament.

From the TDP to the Samajwadi Party was another major leap for Jaya Prada which meant not only a change in ideology but a switch in mentors too.

Her new protector Amar Singh 🤢 is more thick-skinned than the rest and had no qualms about sitting in the front row and applauding Jaya Prada like a fond admirer when she did a dance drama called Amrapali

Jaya Prada has come a long way. She did follow her idol Jaya Bachchan, maybe not in her filmland trajectory but in joining the same political party. Unfortunately, like her bte noire Sridevi and like Hema Malini, the leading lady whom she did not wish to emulate, Jaya Prada is another dancing Southie who has settled for married men.🥱

Today, after battling political rivalry from the likes of Azam Khan, her rivalry with Sridevi must seem like a kindergarten game. But having morphed from delicate-dumb to strong-confident, Jaya Prada is obviously a tough cookie. Sorry, Azam Khan, this one ain't gonna wilt in the sidelines.

Another Samajwadi Party celebrity is back to filmdom. After hectic campaigning in Uttar Pradesh, Sanjay Dutt is back to his favourite haunt ' Goa. He's not holidaying but filming All The Best with Ajay Devgan. The inside dope is that this Eros-backed film has already seen so much money go down the drain with Dutt's cancellations (for political reasons) and Fardeen Khan's no-show (for a genuine personal reason, his father's death), that Ajay Devgan had to make good the loss by dipping into his own pocket. The buzz is that he had to come up with 7 big 'C's to keep the Goa schedule going. But news from Goa is that the shooting is in full swing. Time to wish Ajay All The Best, I guess.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1090517/jsp/7days/story_10976992.jsp

boredsoul thumbnail
All these marraiges just reminded me how lucky we are 😕
Supari_khala thumbnail
And here's Suchitra-Priety Zinta-Shekhar Kapoor angle

In an explosive interview to us, Suchitra Krishnamoorthy comes clean about Shekhar Kapurs secret dalliance with Zinta

Midday

Pati, Patni Aur Woh: Suchitra Krishnamoorthy and Shekhar Kapur and Preity Zinta

Its been barely a month since Suchitra Krishnamoorthy's divorce from director Shekhar Kapur came through, so its not surprising that the wounds are still fresh.

The past year hasnt been easy, and in a moment of weakness, Suchitra admits that she even attempted suicide. But shes now taken all the angst in her stride and is finding creative outlets for her grief as an artist.

When we catch up with her at her home in Juhu, shes in a sombre mood and wants to set the record straight about her divorce.

I never wanted to talk about this, but Im doing it now because I want to put an end to all the rumours, once and for all,she begins.

Read on as Suchitra comes clean about rumours of Shekhar straying with none other than Bollywoods sweetheart Preity Zinta. She asserts that Preity may have broken her marriage, but the severance of ties will not break her.

Youve become very active on the party circuit. Is it because youre trying to get back to work?

You could say that. If I get good films, Im game. Else I am busy with my paintings. I just finished a painting exhibition in London.

Next month, I am going to Bangkok. I released five music albums while I was staying in London, but I dont feel like singing these days (pauses).

Go on

Ive been getting many offers for art films, but dont want to do a film thatll only be seen at some obscure festival. I want to do a mainstream film thatll be seen, but cant do films 247. Im a single mother.

Youve decided to be open about your single status now.

I had to be ready before I opened my mouth. Ive come across a lot of people whove gone through experiences like mine, and that made me realise that there is nothing I should be ashamed of.

I realised that I have the right to live the way I want to. So yes, I took time to talk about my single status but not anymore. Earlier, there was too much turmoil in my life and I was choked up on it.

There was a time when Kaveri (her daughter) would come home and ask if her father was a mean guy. The media can be very inquisitive, and they will pounce on you even before you are ready to deal with it.

You reached a stage where you didnt want to lie anymore?

Yes. I wanted to live. I wanted to be happy. I wanted to be free. I wanted to reach that stage where the mind is without fear and the head is held high

Did you see the separation with Shekhar coming?
Yes. I saw it coming but it was still the most painful decision of my life.

It was solely your decision?
Yes.

What was his reaction when you told him that you wanted to part ways?
He agreed that it was not working. We separated legally on February 27 and I think we get along better now.

And Kaveri?
Both of us will always be there for Kaveri. I dont want my angst with Shekhar to come in the way of her relationship with her father.

How did you explain the situation to Kaveri?
She is only six years old, so she understands it in her own way. But yes, she had some emotional reactions. Once she fell down from a ladder, then she got two eczema attacks.

Was separation on your mind when you moved back to India in 2003?
Yes. I moved back to rediscover myself. I met some very intelligent people in London who enriched my life, but I was leading a very different life from the one I had in my growing years. I had lost myself somewhere.

You also had a nervous breakdown
Yes. Everything I had banked my life on, was crumbling. One time, I locked myself in a room for three weeks and kept crying constantly. I even tried to end my life.

I was almost at the point of no return before self-preservation and maternal instincts kicked in. But I needed sedation. I had to see a shrink.

Was Shekhar around during that phase?
Yes, but he was busy. So I had my doctors, my maids and the chauffeur. They were my support system.

Shekhar was away a lot. Was distance a problem?
Probably. But I tried my best to be with him as much as I could. I even cancelled shows to be with him wherever he was.

Were your parents aware about your nervous breakdown?
No. I had told only my sister Sujata Kumar (TV actress "Bombay Talking, Hotel Kingston). She is like a mother to me.

And when your parents learnt that your marriage was not working?
They were supportive. My mother told me, If you are not happy and somebody is not treating you right, you always have a choice.

So what really went wrong between you and Shekhar?
I will write that in my book, which will come out someday.

Tell us about that maneater you referred to in a poem on your blog, the one who came between you and Shekhar. Is it Preity Zinta?
What do you think?

I am not sure.
You dont have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out.

Preity said in a recent interview that you werent talking about her.
She can say what she wants. If she thinks its not her and that I am wrong, she should sue me. And I will be delighted. My best friends are lawyers. I am not scared.

I think that says it all.
Yes.

Have you met Preity recently?
Why should I? She called me and asked why I was slurring her reputation. She even told me that she was getting married and that Shekhar has promised to give her away (a bride is given away by her father in Christian weddings).

How dare she call me? She dare not call me again. 😆Stay out of my space. My home is sacred.

Did Shekhar question you about slurring Preity's reputation?
No.

How did you come to the conclusion that Shekhar and Preity were involved?
A woman's instinct is very strong.

Did Shekhar confess about Preity to you?

Ive got all the explanations I need from Shekhar. Preity has been trying to give me a lot of explanations too, which I dont want or need.

A while ago she would keep calling again and again, giving me explanations. Finally, I put my foot down and told her never to speak to me again. After that, she stopped.

I believe Preity even called to invite you for the premiere of Jaan-E-Mann?

She was holding a screening for kids and wanted Kaveri and I to attend. She wanted to build this family image, but I am appalled at her guts. 

I didnt take her call so her office kept calling every five minutes. Buzz off. Main hi mili kya?

Will you marry again?
I dont know. My second husband would have to be a very, very nice guy. I would like to have more children though. But how can I? Its a bit of paradox (laughs).

Any last words?
I am not ashamed of anything that happened in my life. Shekhar has been honest and I dont need any explanations from some bloody cheapo.

catsu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
W*F.. For real? ðŸ˜² 
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
As long as they start dating once there is no hope left in the first marriage I dont see any issues. In most cases the first wives have also moved on in life.
ash.attitude thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Wow, interesting but so f**ked. It really makes me wonder the sort of real life these Stars lead behind all the glam. It's a pity!!!
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Btw they have left out Tabu. Isnt her triangle with Nagarjuna still on? Even Amala and she cordially share Naraguna.
catsu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Dharmendra has 4 kids? Who are the other two?