brave show but...

mcmohan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I think ASA is very brave show by Indian TV standard. They are dealing with many thing that is not regular on Indian TV and character of DC is something special also. I'm liking it muchly & think it is path breaking in many ways!!

But looking at TRP trends for this show - it is not rising in popularity I think. Maybe people are not appreciating the newness of concept or maybe there is some weakness in connection.

Thinking about this makes me feel - how long it will last? As you all know in our TV industry TRP Dev is god! Channel could anytime pull plug on show if it is not feeling like high ratings are coming. WOuld be very sad if this is to be happening :(

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
This show has a lot of dimensions dealing with mind and emotions. Each move made by DC towards all the characters in ASA has some important significance, People need to understand the techniques used in the way the characters are forte with emotional side , Mind and Evolving their resultant behavior and everything regarding it ...

The show is dealing with the way manipulations are shown for a drama based on the backdrop of reality TV, The saga of television has not emegerged out of Love stories, Saas Bahu stories and all surrounding it..
APurva also mentioned that the show deals a lot of drama behind reality TV and requested people to give this small bunch of people a chance to show something different.. The channel has been good in showcasing this show, NONE of the other GEC will think about a novel show like this which deals a lot with human mind.. Its  working in terms of TRP is consistent, going up depends on the way viewers keep watching the shows which follow herd mentality and do not wish to deviate nothing can be done.

The shows popularity can be always jumped with TRP's if the channel is comfortable with what the show is showcasing and its reaching to sectors of people the backing will be consistent..

I find it gr8 with the way they are showing .. many thing always not needed to be discussed with the show and many things can be understood.. Its viewership cannot always be gauged with TRP's but many a times the chunk of message delivered by the show carries more important weight-age which the channel will also keep in mind..

This is how I see the whole constrictive analysis of the show till now

rekha02 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
The channel is supporting the concept of the show and no drastic changes have been to the script for TRP sake. Let's give this unique show a chance and not think of trps. I hope the channel gives a chance for the producers to showcase what they originally intended to show  on the show as it is not everyday we will see a character like DC in tellyworld. 😊
As far as I know the show is popular on the net, it has ever increasing views on its youtube video site plus the Facebook page is popular too with increasing likes. So the show is making an impact , slowly but steadily.😊
Edited by rekha03 - 11 years ago
mcmohan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
hmmm... lets hope channel treat show well. reaosn i am saying is that my cousin brother in star tv and he saying that lifeok is not happy with show... it too 'different' for them. they want more soap kind of thing done to it!

hope they give PH free reign - it is good PH which has made show like CGM... hope for the best!
rekha02 thumbnail
I understand what you are trying to say, more soapy kind means love feelings or prominent hate feelings from DC's side for his pawn. The promos are hinting at that otherwise why would they show promos different from the present track on the show. I mean there was a gala round and there was not a single promo to show that.πŸ˜†.

rekha02 thumbnail
Mcmohan, can you be more clear on what the channel wants from this show or what your cousin said. do share .😊
shanti05 thumbnail
Yes would like to hear what they have to say, The forte of this show is different I understand the show and the way it is portrayed, its a blend of behind the scenes of a reality show, there is a lot of intervening things happening and many happen simultaneously , its quite difficult to show angles in the 30 minute time frame yet they show it ..

People always find DC wrong and his working and think he is always manipulating , But the fact remains that he bring a lot of positive vibes out, I always look for that people should understnd the logistics played in the show , If you always go by TRP's I say many other shows suck big time with the same saga..

So Television cannot please everyone neither the channel nor the PH..

So whatever the channel thinks they think for the benefit of many paramters.

Ri8 now the show is running and will go by each day it gives their story angle to teh viewers.
shanaya28 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@macmohan..i so agree its a novel concept and its brave on the PH to bring it forward.

Apu..DC character great but i will be very disappointed if they turn his character into one of these stereotyped baddies on the screen for trps sake..he has lots of forte and one surely missing  and hope they better use it in the future...

Trust me i fear what you have mentioned above how long this show will last..its life ok channel and we know their management .no trp they axed it and another one  taking exit door  on the 22nd of june..

Somewhere its true this show is  lacking in what the viewers wants the soap kinda thing..agree or disagree thats what the mass wants for entertainment..its time they bring that X factor ..oomph factor fast to garner trps..the story should go beyond the ASA academy fast and not let it stagnant..

rekha02 thumbnail
I wish to say what shall disappoint me ,a love track between DC-Meenaxi. Nothing else will , Apurva's powerful acting will make me agree to each and every action however bad it might appear to restπŸ˜†

Edited by rekha03 - 11 years ago
shanti05 thumbnail
Rekha I learnt one thing DC throw in turmoils, But it spurts positivity, The character shows light to reality which is very important to the growth of individual , Being grey or negative is having its angle, I believe what Apu said with his role and its dislikes, But I have to admit its something which is not seen on TV ever for me and the situation he creates is a win-win.. For him even if he gathers loss it will teach him that understanding a persons mind he has won .. Thats what his character makes more interesting. All good characters have span, Not so good characters beam the reality of life and they will prove that always. I can dig for many good angles in the character and its my own personal thought and I always dig it that way