Users

Frequent Posters

ABlank90 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: jaisyjazz

lovelyπŸ˜ƒ

i loved it very much😊
the flashback was very interesting i like this khanak very much strong, traditional, confident and ofcourse sweet also
and 'damsel in distress' ah anyways wat can we expect from shanπŸ˜› but i loved khanak answers to him
she gave it with confidece and was very clear about it i like it very much for this a flying kiss from me to khanakπŸ˜ƒ shan should be taught how actually 'damsel in distress' r heheheehe
the last para said by khanak was very true and written beautifully isse to shan ko khanak se attract hona chahiye lekin yaha to iska ulta hai πŸ˜† 
and this was very long update thank u for that😊
waiting for khanak's  reply like shanπŸ˜†
and the dress is beautiful can imagine yashu wearing this she will look very beautiful

Thanks a lot Jalis! I wanted to make this Khanak a bit more out-spoken than the actual one. Shaan, well, he'll be Shaan πŸ˜›
I am sure the last paragraph will be quite important in their lives. As of now, among other things this was the thing which signalled to Shaan that Khanak could possibly be a romanticist πŸ˜Š 
ABlank90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: IF_rida

amazing update

i liked the thought process... penedd very well

the FB was very interesting and fun to read

they wre not replying it was kinda like snapping at each other

i like khanak's character simple yet interesting
traditional yet modern
a strong girl who has her own small world with the fantasies of prince charming yet close to reality

he was being sweet ... trying to lighten the atmosphere
but now em luving his restlessness

though she thinks that they are diff and that is true
but i guess khanak's small world can shake his large one

loved it
update soon

Thanks a lot Rida! I'm glad you liked the FB. 
And you're right...of a moment there it was sort of snapping but well, the spark does that too you sometimes, doesn't it? πŸ˜‰

Absolutely loved the last line of your comment! 
ABlank90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: yasharanrox

wow amazing update...loved it...

Thanks! :)
ABlank90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: heer_85

Awesome update 

the flash back was really superb u penned it very nicely
 they met n at first Khanak didn speak but later 
 surprise shaan lol!
 shaan ask her age LOL!
 loved her dress selection 
  looking forward for more n how they would know each other 

Thanks a lot Heer!  Loved your reaction πŸ˜ƒ
ABlank90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Xx-Shama-xX

Beautiful update Nisha...!n thanks fo giving a long one..πŸ€—

Bechara shaan...unable to control his 'betaab' dil...!πŸ˜†der is smthng unknown cooking at sm part of his heart..n fcourse..thats d same with khanak too...😳

Damn!dis is getting mre n mre interesting!love these cutiesss <3<3

FINALLY, the most awaited meeting..!😍
that was perfect!exactly how a typical meeting b/w 2 strangers normally happen!very beautifully written...!n at the last..,u nailed it there girl!with your beautiful description on marriage..!that was just BEAUTIFUL...!believe me,i read it mre than 10 times!😳 It sounded so pure and real...!😍 Could clearly visualize shaan standing stumped..!😳n wen their eyes met fo the first time..!ghosshhh...*Magical*
Cant wait fo them to realize..they're more than perfect fo each other!😳 

LOVED d update...!!
Cont.sooonnn..πŸ˜ƒ

Luv ya lotss..
tcr!

You're most welcome Shama πŸ€— And thanks a lot for your lovely comments. Such comments make me greedy for more and then I subconsciously write longer updates I guess πŸ˜† Haha
I'm glad you, and a lot of others too, liked the marriage dialogue. I thought it was important to for the revelation of what marriage means to Khanak to Shaan and everybody who is reading this story. And I felt that it would be difficult to write but when I got to that part, the words just flowed so I was wondering how everyone felt about it. So thank you everyone! πŸ˜ƒ

Once again- loved your comment! πŸ˜Š
ABlank90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: vijusb

Hey Nisha,

This is an interesting tale. I read all the updates today. Loved all the updates. Eager to read next update. pls update soon, Want to know what will be khanak's reply to shaan.

Hey! Thanks a lot! Glad you liked the story πŸ˜Š
ABlank90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AwesomeYashAran

lovely update 

really liked it

Thanks guys! :)
ABlank90 thumbnail

Part 11

It was once said by no doubt an insightful man that "Love is the wisdom of the fool and the folly of the wise." It was Samuel Johnson, I believe.

What more could be apt to describe the two people our worlds are focused on right now- Shaantanu Khandelwal and Khanak Jadeja. The former sat in his car, driving his way to office and the latter slept peacefully because she had completed her letter and posted it last night to the hunky driver on his way to office right now.

To say she was indifferent because she should be staying up late nights in anticipation of his letter now, would be unjust. The woman was on a mission. She had just come out of a rigourous strategizing session. She deserved the sleep.

Could the same be applied to the man however, was another question. Was it right for him to hum his way to work? To listen to Kishore Kumar on his car's stereo? To smile like a love-sick puppy? Well, he wasn't love-sick to be precise, but his heart and mind was contaminated to say the least. Contaminated by a jingling virus called Khanak. Of course he didn't know that but we'll forgive him because we do!

As Shaantanu entered his cabin, had there been anyone close enough they'd have heard him mumble "Agar aaj tumhara letter na aya na Khanak tou tum dekh lena mein kya karoun ga!"
Sure enough, when he turned back after closing the door to his cabin he saw a distinct light brown envelope sitting daintily on the top of the pile of postmail for the day. Shaantanu was sure it was mocking him and faraway in the confines of her warm appartment Khanak would be laughing her lovely laugh, no doubt mocking him as if to say
"Kya karoun ga?" And fluttering her eyelashes to annoy him and enchant him at the same time.

It was in this moment that Shaantanu concluded Khanak was a witch. For indeed she was no less that bewitching him. The woman was an enchantress. He hated admitting to himself, but when he was on his own these past few weeks, Shaantanu Khandelwal often thought about Khanak. Her rhythmic name and subtle blush, her pure eyes which concealed no emotion-whether nervousness or anger, her perfect height for it made her head reach to the crook of his neck. Everything about Khanak had caught his attention and his mind begged attention to  anything thing he didn't know about her.

Though it would be premature to call this love, it was attraction nonetheless. Let's just leave it at that. But our Shaantanu Khandelwal is a tad bit more modest. He called it interest. Interest in a fascinating woman who did not fit into either of his two categories of men outright.

No less eager than Khanak when she found his second letter in her mailbox two days ago, Shaantanu rushed to pick up the brown envelope and started reading her letter.

Dear Shaantanu Khandelwal

A traditionalist like myself would like nothing better than to exchange letters of fondness with a man who wants to sweep me off my feet and ride me into the sunset. Alas, the latter proverbial phrase does not apply to you. You have neither swept me off my feet nor have any intentions of riding into the sunset with me. You wanted honest, I give you frank. These letters are manageable, unless of course you would prefer another mode. Lets leave this discussion at that.

But since we are on "honest mode" I would believe it's only fair from me to put forth my observation. However, to expect my observation to be judged impartially would be premature since we hardly know each other.

So, I'll say this much Shaantanu: I respect our fathers and believe that for their sense of satisfaction we should spend time on exploring each other's character and our compatibility. Like you, I too believe we are poles apart but I cannot bring my mind to think that my father would've chosen this match out of recklessness. I don't know the relationship you share with your father but I would take the liberty of asking you to continue with this letter correspondence unless you absolutely abhor me. Please take note that I would not mind such a conclusion by you. From our brief meeting I have concluded that it is unnecessary to state the differences in our characters with regard to the cities we live in. Should someone judge us without knowing our background it would be saner to conclude that I was from Mumbai and you from London than the other way round.

I would not say your notion about marriage worries me, but I believe it will play a great role in determining how we move on with our correspondence. I am not at all into flings and neither do I want to give my parents any false hopes. Actually, since we formally haven't exchanged any email IDs or cell numbers, I am very surprised that our parents believe we'll sort out our minds and reach a decision living an ocean apart.

Anyhow, I believe that it's fair for us to continue with this correspondence. I would be open to answering any questions you have as long as they seem timely and relevant. Moreover, not only would I like you to answer my queries but also write a bit more about yourself on your own initiative. We are still a little less than strangers, but much more than entangled kids. I propose we sort out this mess soon. Being acquaintances would probably not be such a bad idea.

Regards,
Khanak Jadeja

Shaantanu folded the letter and immersed himself into deep thought. He had grown to like the fierce lioness he saw in Khanak. Even the shy deer had mesmerized him. But this cold exterior of a warm hearted person was a different experience altogether. This time, he wouldn't kid himself- he held himself responsible.

He put himself in Khanak's shoes- on the terrace that fateful evening weeks ago, the moments in her bedroom when she silently read his letters in secrecy. The man in question seemed inflexible, arrogant, confused and most importantly uninterested. And if the man seemed indifferent, it would seem shameless for a traditional girl like herself to throw herself at him. Even if she liked him, which he had doubted since he had been a complete a**, she would be scared to show him her true feelings. Why would anyone open their heart to a man who seemed emotionally devoid? Who would offer their life to a man who didn't care about his own? Who would entrust their life to a man as confused as confused could be?

And though he still knew that Khanak being a woman demanded caution, Shaantanu was determined. If there was a third category of women, he would find out.

Khanak circled the spoon while stirring the masoor pulse that was cooking on the stove. She stirred subconsciously, for her conscience was busy elsewhere.

Had she been too curt in her reply?
Had she signalled that she was uninterested?

But she couldn't have showed her interest either! She didn't even know she was interested. And if she was, why was she? He was totally unlike her. He didn't even know what marriage signified. That it was more than an eight lettered word. He seemed so sure of himself, but somehow she felt it was a facade. How could she like a man who was in a state of disarray internally? Moreover, how could she tell him that she liked him?

What would I say?
What would he think?
Surely, he'd think she was like any other woman he'd ever come across- flat on his good looks and money!

And Khanak couldn't afford that view for herself. She wasn't vile and opportunist. She didn't judge people on their looks and bank balance. And she so wanted to believe her father wouldn't have okayed this proposal for business purposes either. Then why had this Khandelwal family sprung up suddenly, out of nowhere? Shaantanu and Khanak were targeted as a potential couple and their fathers had decided to start a new business line together. Of the two groups, the Jadeja Group was noticeably smaller for the Khandelwals were considered nothing short of an empire. The abruptness of this whole situation had aroused Khanak's curiousity but now she was retracing her steps.

If this indeed was a business deal or for economic benefits, surely Shaantanu would've been eager to rope in Khanak's approval. So far, there had been no trace of any such intention.
Was he playing reverse psychology?

At this point in time, Khanak thought not. Somehow, she felt that despite Shaan's mysterious yet attractive demeanour the man was genuine. He wasn't the best of men, but he didn't seem like a liar either. Edited by ABlank90 - 11 years ago
heer_85 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
 Lovely Nisha 
day by day it's getting interested n it feels to read on n on
  the letter was very good n shaan waited to it very eagerly 
  Shaan thought of Khanak after meeting her n he's some how 
attracted to her 
 n Khanak like shaan wow!

jaisyjazz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
😊ur every update make me smile nisha sometimes making me to laugh also
loved khanak's reply to shan
and loved to know that he is attarcted to khanak and she is in his mind all the timeπŸ˜ƒ and that khanak also likes shan hmmm kuch to hua hai kuch ho raha hai πŸ˜›
awww how desperate he was for khanak's letter "agar tumahra letter na aa ya na khanak to tum dekhna ki me kya karta hoon" hahahaaaπŸ˜† are hum bhi to dekhe ki tum kya karogeπŸ˜†
and u updated so soon love u for that muaahhh
and i m sure the next is very soon waiting for that update soonSmile