Saturday Story (updated on pg 38 )

Sweet24 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Stories portrayed so far...

1) Conversation between Shiv-Parvati and himavan before marriage on pg 1.
2)  LORD BRAHMA'S BOON TO TARAKASUR on pg 2
3) Birth of Kartikeya (from Skand and Shiv Puran) on pg 3
4) Stories of Parvatiji  based on Shiv puran on pg 4
5) Scene of Parvati, Shivji and Kamdev on pg 6.
6) Narmada as Shivji's daughter story on pg 7.
7) Parvatiji ki tapasya (part 1) on pg 9
8) "                   "         (Part-2) on pg 12
9) Shivji test her devotion on pg 12-13.
10) Marraige of Shiv-Parvati (Part-1) on pg 14 
11) "             "                 "     (Part-2) on pg 15
12) Trigunarayan temple- place of Marriage on pg 18.
13)  Concepts of their marriage on pg 21.
14)Veerbadra Previous birth story on pg 22.
15) Stories related to Shiv-ratri on pg 23.
16) Mahishasur Story on pg 23-24.
17) Understanding Aadi-Parashakti on pg 26.
18)  Bhima-Shankar Jyotirlinga  and Tripurasura on pg 28.
19)  Kartikeya Intelligence on pg 29.
20) War between Soorpadma and Kartik on pg 30.
21) Lord Ayyeppa , Bhasmasur and Mahishi on pg 30-31.
22) Formation of 3 Shivlings named  Pratigyeshwar, Kapaleshwar and Kumareshwar by Kumar,          Kiling of Banasur and Pralamb on pg 32
23) Ganesha as Kashyap-Nandan on pg 33.
24) Why Ganeshji and Lakshmi are worshiped together? on pg 33
25) Reasons of the five days festival of diwali on pg 34
26) Ganesha and the Atmalinga on pg 35
27) Ganesh Birth Story on pg 36
28)Story about Chintamani Temple, Theur on pg 37
29) Understanding the meaning of Shiv- Aarti on pg 37
30) Curse given to Raavan by Nandi on pg 38
31) Raja Janak Birth Story on pg 38
32) Andhakasur Story on Pg 38

Edited by Sweet24 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NST1983 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
That's one of my favorite stories!!! Thanks!
vanadhi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
So Girija is Parvati right ,
Its confusing Parvati do met Shivji ,before she started her penance for gaining his hand for her   ,like what u have mentioned above ?

Do clear it ,thank you ๐Ÿ˜›
bhakti2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks so much - this is the perfect story for us to read with DKDM being where it is right now in track!  I love the way Parvati comes right back to Shivji with her arguments - she knows just how to get around him - good quality for future wife๐Ÿ˜†!

It is so nice you post the stories like this - thank you so much for giving us something nice to think on over the long weekends!

mahalaxmik thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for posting the story. Is it possible for u to keep posting the stories on the same thread??? Then I can look for updates in the same thread????

Whatever u decide, big thanks for taking the time to share all the info u have.
Sweet24 thumbnail
Last week I could not post the story, As i was out of station, for this sorry guys.

There are lots and lots of stories related to Shiv-Shakti. Today I am posting:

Conversation of Shiv, Parvati and Himavan

The story has been taken from Skand Puran.

At that time Mahesh was performing a great penance in a valley of Himalaya. He was surrounded by all the groups of Ganas, Virabhadra and others.

Accompanied by Parvati, the intelligent Himavan went to Mahesh engaged in this penance, in order to see his sprout-like feet.

When he arrived thus in order to see (the Lord), he was stopped by Nandi who was standing at the entrance. Then for a moment he stood steady.

The mountain Himavan informed through Nandi. Sambhu (i.e. Siva) was informed by Nandi that the Parvatraj had come to see him (i.e. Siva).

On hearing his words, Paramesvara spoke these words to Nandin: "Bring the Parvatraj here."

Saying "So be it" and honoring (his words) Nandi brought the Mountain Himalaya to Sankara, the benefactor of the worlds.

He saw (Shiva) the lord of everyone engaged in penance with his eyes closed. He had matted hair with the digit of the moon as an ornament. He could be understood only through the Vedanta and was stationed in the Supreme Soul. On seeing him, Mountain Himalaya of unimpaired inherent strength, bent down his head and saluted him. He then attained the greatest joy. Himalaya, the foremost among those conversant with the use of words, spoke these words to the Lord who is the sole cause of auspiciousness to the universe:

"I am lucky, O Sankara, the great lord, thanks to your grace. I shall come here everyday, O lord, to pay a visit along with this (daughter of mine). It behooves you, O lord of Devas, to grant me permission.

On hearing his words, Maheshvara, the lord of Devas, (said):

"O Parvatraj, you may come here everyday to meet me after keeping this girl in the house. Otherwise there would be no audience with me."

With his neck bent down the Mountain replied to Girija: "Why should I not come along with this (girl)? Let that be told."

Shambhu who was performing the holy rites, laughingly spoke these words to the Mountain:

"This slender-bodied girl of good lips and exquisite speech should not be brought near me. I am forbidding it repeatedly."

She heard Shambhu's harsh words, devoid of blemishes and free from any desire. On hearing the words uttered by that ascetic, Gauri laughed and spoke to Shambhu:

Gauri said:

O Shambhu, you are endowed with the power of penance. You are performing a great penance. This inclination for performing penance you have because you are noble-soul. But let this be pondered over: Who are you? Who is the subtle Prakrti, O holy lord?

On hearing those words of Parvati, Mahesha spoke these words:

"I am destroying Prakrti by means of the greatest penance itself. In fact, O lady of good eyebrows, I will stay without Prakrti. Hence nothing that has been evolved out of Prakrti should be accumulated together at any time by Siddhas."

Parvati said:

What has been said by you, O Shankara, by means of 'Para' speech, is it not Prakrti? In that case how are you beyond it?

O lord, of what avail is our disputation and argument? Whatever you hear, whatever you see and whatever you eat, O Shankara, is entirely the evolute of Prakrti. An untrue speech is meaningless. Why should penance be performed after going beyond Prakrti?

O Lord Sambhu, just now on this mountain Himalaya you have met Prakrti. But you cannot understand it, O Sankara. What have we to do with (i.e. what is the propriety of) oral dispute and argument, O Lord?

If your statement that you are beyond Prakriti be true, you need not be afraid of me now, O Shankara.

Then Lord (Sankara) laughed and replied to Girija:

Mahadeva said:

Serve me everyday, O Girija of excellent speech.

After saying thus to Girija, Mahesh spoke these words to Himalaya: "Here itself, on this very ground, I shall perform a great penance with concentration on the ultimate truth.

Permission should be granted to me for performing the penance, O Lord of Mountains. Without (your) permission it is not possible to perform penance."

On hearing these words of the trident-bearing Lord of Devas, Himavan laughed and spoke these words to Shambhu:

"The entire universe along with Devas, Asuras and human beings belongs to you. I am an insignificant person, O Mahadeva. What can I give you?"

On being told thus by Himavan, Sankara, the benefactor of all the worlds, laughed and respectfully said to the Lord of Mountains: "You may go." Permitted to go by Sankara, Himavan went to his abode. Everyday he came there along with Girija to pay a visit.

@NST1983
  u r welcome dr

@ vanadhi
yaa girija is parvati dr, giri means parvat, and Parvatraj is also called Giriraj. So girija is parvati.

According to Skand Puran, and Shiv Puran, She used to visit there everyday along with her father. As in the story itself Shiv then go into hard penance.

@mahalakshmi
Done๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Edited by Sweet24 - 11 years ago
whatthewhat thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thank you! I didn't know this is how Parvati started serving Shiva...beautiful! 

I can't wait for the Parvati-Shiva story to start!
Sweet24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: samana17

@mahalaxmik, thanks 4 the idea!

Ya, shreya why don't u try mahalaxmik's idea. It wud be easier for u to write the saturday stories and easier for everyone to read. Only if u want, no pressure.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Btw, grt story.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Ok dr,  Now, I will post stories in this thread only. Done๐Ÿ˜›
Sweet24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bhakti2

Thanks so much - this is the perfect story for us to read with DKDM being where it is right now in track!  I love the way Parvati comes right back to Shivji with her arguments - she knows just how to get around him - good quality for future wife๐Ÿ˜†!

It is so nice you post the stories like this - thank you so much for giving us something nice to think on over the long weekends!

Yes dr, Mahadev bhi soch rahe honge, abhi deep meditation me jane ka accha mauka hai, fhir bad me nahi hoga unke paas! ๐Ÿ˜‰ 
Sweet24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: narangi_77

Thank you! I didn't know this is how Parvati started serving Shiva...beautiful! 

I can't wait for the Parvati-Shiva story to start!

Ur most welcome narangi๐Ÿ˜Š