AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Phew...LONGG epi...I dunno if it's just me who feels like it takes forever to get through these super epis...especially a one like today which didn't have any real fun moments like the previous ones...not that there was scope for those kind of moments in this epi anyways.

So anyways, I'm gonna point out the bits that felt noteworthy to me:

1) Possibly the most touching moment of the epi and probably the one that really stayed with me...during the auto ride as Papaji points out Amar's college and reminisces about him winning the accolades he did, Mohan remarks that Amar was a lucky guy...his own Mr. Bhatnagar toh didn't even remember the name of his college...and Papaji replies, "har kisi ko Amar jaisa beta nahin milta"...that bit just made me feel SO sad for Mohan...He didn't deserve that...and overall I did get tired of the constant comparisons to Amar in this epi...anyways but moving on.

2) Papaji's bemusement at Mohan tackling that sleepy co-passenger drooping onto Megha's shoulder...that ways toh there was some interesting begrudging si bonding going on b/w Mohan and Papaji in this epi.

3) But the overarching theme was memories of Amar...in some form or the other...be it Papaji, be it Megha...and honestly even as a viewer you connect...he really was a wonderful guy...sweet moments of his and Megha, him and Nanhi, Papaji...sab...I liked the FBs of the scene when Megha picks up that bottle of aftershave or something and remembers Amar applying it on her face...fab acting by Aakanksha.

4) I know I'm going to be in the minority with this...I can already predict everyone going gaga over the new song but I'm not a fan...I loved the tune version of it more...upar se they used it to DRAG the scenes with Mohan just staring at Megha as she is drowning in her memories of happy times with Amar...the qawaali-ish effect they've come out with for the song isn't as good as the original NBT tunes...but anyways that's just me.

I did like the new female de re naa tune in the middle of that song though...otherwise they played the song too many times in the epi though...overkill.

5) Mohan setting up a seating place for Megha and Papaji and giving them food...birds ko na sahi, baaki family ko feed kar hi diya...kept his promise to Nanhi😆

6) Megha reiterating that her memories of Amar are as fresh as if it had all just happened today...she can never forget him...NEVER...just in case Mohan didn't get the point...I'll say it the third time...NEVER😆

7) Papaji's surprise at Mohan's ability to get through to Nanhi...interesting build up they are giving to Papaji as he notices more and more things about Mohan even as he shuns him otherwise.

I guess that's about all I can remember...it was a  long epi...dragging in bits and then they played that SONG too much so it probably made me zone out too😆...but some nice moments overall...

Precap mein Nanhi's gonna get kidnapped as expected and on the other end, DN seems to have sent police to the house in Bhopal...so let's see how MM and Papaji manage to escape from that situation tomorrow.

Edited by AreYaar - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bazinga thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I will start with the bus journey which was like my MOST favorite part of the episode- it picked up on the HIGH it was left off in Friday's episode and may be I am a wee bit more biased towards it because Mohan did my "manokaamna poori" by throwing water on that freak of a co-passenger. I LOVED how he gives him a dose of his own medicine saying "safar hai naa, pyaas lagti hai" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 - classic Mohan.  LORD, he was so annoying like a mosquito constantly buzzing in the ear. Guru- Mohan conversation was awesome as always  - of ALL the things in the world, it was VERY important for Guru to mention that he came out to pick up groceries as a conversation starter - BIWI-NESS FULL ON 😆  and as if that is not enough, Mohan hears it as "tamaatar kat naa" or something 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 - if Guru is bad, Mohan is worse- these two are hopeless *shakes head* 😆. Of course Mohan is not done yet - he has to mention that Guru is his biwi to invite mildly scandalous "maa daa ladla bigad gaya" type of looks from Megha and FIL 🤣 and he has to remark that if the connection had sustained longer, G would have started giving him safety tips "khidki se haath baahar mat lagaao" - crazy crazy crazy Mohan Bhatnagar🤣🤣🤣🤣. The fun is not over yet, for Mohan has to show his heroism by stepping in to help FIL out of his "uncomfortable problem"- this kind of "heroism" by threatening to get the license cancelled for not stopping the bus for a passenger's personal emergency can be displayed by one and only Mohan Bhatnagar  *bows* 😆. And Megha of course has to acknowledge his efforts by thanking him for it 😆. I liked the brief bit where Mohan tries to stifle a chuckle as he hears FIL cursing himself for drinking a lot of water 😆.

Another favorite portion of mine was when Jeeji taunted Renu for not showing any signs of wanting to have Amar freed of blame like everyone else. For some reason, I laughed when she rests her arms on her hips and says "tera chehra toh kuch aur bataa raha hai"  😆 (please ignore my paraphrasing, I am bad at remembering the exact lines always 😆).

The brief Guru-Nanhi scene was SO cute- Guru assuring Nanhi that Mohan will take care of everything was really sweet. And Nanhi gets SO MUCH energy at the mere mention of her spiderman, she just LIGHTS up and sings praises of her spiderman along with Guru, awww Mohan is truly a superhero for Nanhi 😍 - kisi ki nazar naa lagey Spiderman-Chavanni ki jodi ko *circles hands around S-C's crowns and cracks knuckles on temples*

Coming to M-M - they were the stars today honestly. I will start with the scene where Megha picks up Amar's photo in the dark room and looks at it recollecting all those painful memories when the room lights up and Mohan comes in - may be it is just me but I felt it symbolized Mohan being the light that ends the darkness in her, it was such a lovely moment. What stood out for me though, was Mohan being a silent spectator of her pain every time she stumbled upon something that brought back memories of Amar Vyas; Mohan conveyed SO MUCH by just standing behind her, following her like a second shadow, like a lurking guard that was ready to protect her,like a sheath trying to absorb all her pain if given a chance...it was a beautiful metaphoric moment signifying Mohan walking with Megha, prepared to hold her if she staggered, to support her if all those memories bogged her down. Megha's pain pained Mohan and it was compounded by the fact that he cannot hope for a chance in hell, even for a wistful second, to ever expect her to even consider him as a second shot, let alone reciprocate his feelings , after seeing the baggage she was carrying with respect to her past. Still, he could not help wishing that she at least tried to share some of the baggage she carried, to let some of it off her chest and with that hope, he walked along with her...for Mohan, love right now is a distant hope and yet he does not let it affect him for he won't be able to support Megha then-sigh! How wonderfully sensitive and patient can this guy be !  

Mohan-FIL had their "unique" bonding moments too. I really liked the way Mohan explained to FIL about Ramanathan giving them cryptic clues instead of telling everything as it is - I would like to credit the writers for penning Mohan-FIL scenes so believably 👏.  It looks like Mohan is slowly growing on FIL even though he refuses to admit it. He trusts Mohan enough to leave Megha with him while he goes to the neighbor's house to get that recipe book. Mohan too, respects him and he also feels pangs of guilt for the pain he caused the family earlier as a result of falling into Koyal and DN's trap, when he sees FIL remembering his son. I don't know if you felt it Anu but it looked like Mohan wished for Amar's life for a brief moment , especially the relationship A shared with Ved, which M could never have with his own father. May be that will become a source of bonding for Mohan and Ved in the future.  Of course with all due respect to the old man, he is expected to not cut in when M speaks to his Chavanni..ooops Nanhi - the accidental "chavanni" slip was SO Mohan - one of his charming quirks 😆. And Mohan Bhatnagar is so effortlessly charming that he can easily convince a righteous FIL and Megha to break the rules - he can turn anyone TEDHA with him 😆

Other random stuff I observed- not to sound insensitive here but Amar's "romance" with Megha was 🤔 😆 and I don't know if I am the only one who noticed this but it looked like Nanhi was also so much more at home with Mohan than she was with her dad. Or is it my hopeless Mohan bias speaking? I don't know 😆, I couldn't feel the connect with Megha-Amar or Amar-Nanhi's scenes *shrugs*. And for all those who were wondering why Mohan packed a lot of random tools, I think the lack of electricity answered all your questions- I am glad that M packing tools was not left as blooper but was tied up well into the happenings ⭐️

Precap - It looks like Nanhi is going to get kidnapped tommorrow , although it makes me think how come the neighbor who gave them directions did not get suspicious of those guys? Considering that Junamohallah is a close knit society and a largely friendly neighborhood, I would think that Vyas' neighbors would get suspicious, let's see how the scene plays out tommorrow...  

Edited by Bazinga - 11 years ago
deejad thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Superb episode ... everything worked for me ... loved the new nbt song ...
Precap looks really scary ... i m sure my spiderman will save the day😉
Sunna_Deewani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I remembered the initial episode where megha remembers amar. I still remember how she said something like "abhi aaoge after shave lagathe huve" and she looks towards the bathroom. She said it with such fondness. That scene was really sad. 

AreYaar thumbnail
There was a moment during THE song playing that I did like...Megha smiling over her memories of Amar and Mohan sort of shows up at the window almost like a ghost given all the light and smoky sa effect around him and the moment she sees him, she drops the bedsheet in her hands, freezes and then becomes uncomfortable, looking away.

The lyrics of the song are all about how Mohan will always love her even if she never loves him...

I think I was getting a bit tired of watching mopey Mohan each time this song started playing and they were attempting to show some kind of "moment" b/w MM.
Edited by AreYaar - 11 years ago
Micron thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Dittoo Anu on everything...

kitnaa lambaa episode thaaa...and those never ending songs with Mohan staring at Megha😳...Anu you are not minority...me to was so pakofyed by the bg songs today.Megha and FIL fb are justified, but even Mohan kye bhi fb bhi daaldiye.

Some really nice scenes and Mohan was in his element in all scenes except when he was staring Megha. 

-FIL has not melted yet, but he is definitely noticing that Mohan is not as bad as he thinks👍🏼. 

-Was Megha in fb scenes looking gaudy with too much makeup or was it just me🤔

-I liked the way Mohan was practical today and did not get carried away seeing Megha's tears...varnaa I got scared seeing Mohan watch Megha crying😆...ki he is going to become Devdas now😭😆.

-Mohan is always hungry😆. I know I know here he was just trying to get Papaji and Megha out of fb's👍🏼.

-Guru gave Nanhi his phone...guess when she gets kidnapped she is going to call spider-man or Megha and inform about of her kidnapping. 👍🏼. But how did the two men reach Indore so soon...they were in Bhopal naa...unless they used a time machine or I am missing something🤔😆

-So KK CD is the clue according to all the articles... Dektee hain kyaa clue hain🤓. Also, since Papaji is already out of the house MM will somehow escape from the cops according to the articles again.

Boo Boo to Renu and her nautanki...I can so see her trying to create a scene and force Vyas family not to help Mohan in future with fear of Dinanath

Usha

Edited by booosi - 11 years ago
BombayTroll thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
the episode was good but i guess the main theme was to show that mohan stands no chance as far as megha goes and if this episode is to go by she would never let go of amar and move to mohan so this can happen only if mohan gets shot or injured during nanhi rescue
Micron thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Maybe I am the only one...but Megha and Papaji's fb did not have much effect on me🤔...but Nanhi's fears and her phone call definitely effected me more than the fb scenes.

Edit: Megha considering Mohan and Papaji bachhee🤣
Edited by booosi - 11 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: booosi

Dittoo Anu on everything...

kitnaa lambaa episode thaaa...and those never ending songs with Mohan staring at Megha😳...Anu you are not minority...me to was so pakofyed by the bg songs today.Megha and FIL fb are justified, but even Mohan kye bhi fb bhi daaldiye.

Some really nice scenes and Mohan was in his element in all scenes except when he was staring Megha. 

-FIL has not melted yet, but he is definitely noticing that Mohan is not as bad as he thinks👍🏼. 

-Was Megha in fb scenes looking gaudy with too much makeup or was it just me🤔

-I liked the way Mohan was practical today and did not get carried away seeing Megha's tears...varnaa I got scared seeing Mohan watch Megha crying😆...ki he is going to become Devdas now😭😆.

-Mohan is always hungry😆. I know I know here he was just trying to get Papaji and Megha out of fb's👍🏼.

-Guru gave Nanhi his phone...guess when she gets kidnapped she is going to call spider-man or Megha and inform about of her kidnapping. 👍🏼. But how did the two men reach Indore so soon...they were in Bhopal naa...unless they used a time machine or I am missing something🤔😆

-So KK CD is the clue according to all the articles... Dektee hain kyaa clue hain🤓. Also, since Papaji is already out of the house MM will somehow escape from the cops according to the articles again.

Boo Boo to Renu and her nautanki...I can so see her trying to create a scene and force Vyas family not to help Mohan in future with fear of Dinanath

Usha

OMG Usha, you too were WONDERFULLY pako-fied like me today? Welcome to the club...abhi hum do hi hain usmein😆

Yaar god knows clue kismein hai...the speed with which Megha was ratofying her memories related to Amar, mujhe toh kuch samajh nahin aaya ki kismein clue niklega...will Mohan also check under the sink to see if Amar ne us PIPE mein kuch na chhod diya ho?😆

The contrast b/w Amar and Mohan couldn't be more obvious today...on one side was Papaji's gushing about how Amar was the ideal son...and dusri side pe Megha with that special light in her eyes as he reminisced fondly about each memory with Amar. ...and ek hain Mr. Mohan Bhatnagar who is nothing like either of these "high standards" that Megha and Papaji hold in their lives.

There is just something about this character...kya kahein...Amar was a great guy, wonderful guy...but then I look at Mohan and see that in this odd sa, quirky sa way, he just SO fits in with this family...they gave him weird looks ki kaisa ajeeb insaan hai yeh...they can't really figure him out...but he is just such a great guy at his core...on one level I was feeling sorry for him ki woh jahaan bhi jaata either Papaji or Megha would be holding something in a room and crying😆...no wonder he had to come up with some idea to distract them...he never cares about how weird they think him to be...his INTENTIONS are always so good and genuine.

Mohan was practical in general, I agree...but seriously the staring tested my patience...drag maara aaj in logon ne...and in a sense the IMPOSSIBILITY of Megha ever coming around was kinda driven home  more.

Ohhh so you're saying MM might escape from there and Papaji might get captured by the police or something?...toh matlab MM will be on the run on one end, and ek taraf Nanhi kidnapped and Papaji bhatkoing by himself? 😆
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: mumbaiindian911

the episode was good but i guess the main theme was to show that mohan stands no chance as far as megha goes and if this episode is to go by she would never let go of amar and move to mohan so this can happen only if mohan gets shot or injured during nanhi rescue

Yeah she did sound very confident and sure today when she said she can NEVER forget Amar...Mohan ke chances toh ab non-existent lag rahe hain...He's stoic about it waise bhi...he got a NEW song...aur kya chahiye...now he'll keep mooning over Megha silently while that song plays in the bg😆