Dimple Jhangiani suffers sunstroke

-Rema- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Dimple Jhangiani

No pain no gain is an old adage which our TV stars learn the hard away. The huge money and fame comes at a price and they do not even have the liberty to fall ill. The latest casualty was Dimple Jhangiani, who plays Nimrit in Life OK's Amrit Manthan. This Rajan Shahi produced show had major telecast issues and the actors were forced to shoot 24 hours continuously. In absence of rest and out of fatigue, Dimple suffered sunstroke which lead to high fever and vomiting.

"Shooting nonstop in the summer took its toll. It was quite bad. The unit guy called a doctor to check on me," shared Dimple. So did they later give you a break? "No, they just gave me three hours off when I went to my make-up room and rested. I am much better off now."

But there's a norm that an actor must not shoot for more than 12 hours. "Well, we lead actors are aware that the show entirely rests on us. Also this is the way the industry operates, we have to take the rough along with the smooth. Though I hope that they should at least have some sympathy for a person who has fallen ill. Normally I never throw tantrums for work."

Take care, Dimple.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shanaya28 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing..

Hope dimple is much better now.

Thats the problem of being lead as they are needed in each frame and shooting becomes hectic..so it takes a toll on the health..

cjs369 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
rest well and get well soon Dimple...