Relationship a secret-Manish Goel[KZK]

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago

Short takes: By Priyanka Kelkar

While Bollywood has patented the "just good friends" phrase, TV actors have shown that they're quite okay with strutting around with their loves wrapped around their arms.Which is why couples like Gauri and Hiten Tejwani, Sai and Shakti Anand, Neeru Bajwa and Amit Sadh, Shweta and Manav Gohil, Poonam and Manish Goel, Gurdip Kohli and Arjun Punj, Shilpa and Apoorva Agnihotri, Tanaaz Lal and Bakhtiyar Irani, some of whom are now married, never opted to hide their relationships.

Gurdip Kohli, who started seeing her Sanjeevani co-star Arjun Punj during the shooting of the serial says, "Being a television actor or filmstar does not make you any different in the eyes of the public. Falling in love is natural and I don't think there's any reason for me to hide my relationship with Arjun. Even if I had a 9-to-5 job, I would not have hidden my relationship."

The couple is set to marry in December. Speaking about his relationship with Gurdip, Arjun says, "We met on the sets of Sanjeevani and were quite attracted to each other. We are in a serious relationship at the moment. We are just waiting for the right time. When we are financially stable and our careers are set, then we'll get married."

Television's golden couple Gauri Pradhan and Hiten Tejwani too appeared at social gatherings together, without pretending to be simply work mates. Now married, Hiten says that only those who are not secure about their relationships choose to not speak about them. "Being open about one's relationship depends on the individual and that goes for filmstars too. Even Bipasha and John Abraham are quite open with their relationship despite belonging to a fraternity that usually shies away from opening up."

Tanaaz Lal and Bakhtiyar Irani are the small screens latest lovebirds. While their huge age gap has been a topic of discussion in the media, the couple rarely found the need to conceal their love for each other.
Bakhtiyar says, "Even if you want to hide your relationship, how long can you do that? The television industry is such that few stars are seen and invited for all parties. And you will definitely go with your partner for such parties. My take on it is that you can't just hide a relationship, especially in a closeknit industry."

Manish Goel, who played the hen-pecked street smart husband to real-life wife Poonam in Kasautii Zindagi Kay says that it has now become a fashion statement for people to be open about their personal relationships. "It's now 'in' to be open about who you are going around with," says Manish.

Edited by Manoj_Tina fan - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: firdous

thanx 4 posting 😛

Manish Goel is d 1 who was in KZK wen d show had started & he played d role of Poonam Narula who played d role of Nivedita Basu-Anurag's elder sister in KZK's hubby in d show.