TV show on Madhubala, Dilip Kumar lands in trouble

Darksoul04 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
May 11, 2012, 12.00AM IST TNN[ Akash Wadhwa ]

A still from the show
The much-hyped TV show on the real and reel romance between Madhubala and Dilip Kumar, "Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon", has met with not one but two objections, and from completely different quarters.

On one hand, Madhubala's younger sister Zahida has objected to the seriel, citing that she or anybody else from the late actresses' family was not approached and their permission sought before the channel went ahead with this story.

Sources say that Zahida made many attempts to contact the channel and the production house, but to no avail, following which, she has sent a legal notice to the channel.

And this is just a part of the flak that Colors' is facing. "Madhubala..." was to replace "Veer Shivaji" that is coming to an end quite abruptly. "VS" going off-air has not gone down well with a political outfit Sambhaji Brigade, in Maharashtra. The organization is named after Sambhaji, son of Shivaji. In fact, the activists have gone so far as to threaten to disrupt the shooting of the serial and damage the sets if "VS" shuts down.

Sources from the production house say that the channel has been getting threatening calls from the activists for almost a week now.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fearless_Lover thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
i knw yeh toh hona hi thaa... gud 4 publicity
ChelseaForEver thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Darksoul04

May 11, 2012, 12.00AM IST TNN[ Akash Wadhwa ]

And this is just a part of the flak that Colors' is facing. "Madhubala..." was to replace "Veer Shivaji" that is coming to an end quite abruptly. "VS" going off-air has not gone down well with a political outfit Sambhaji Brigade, in Maharashtra. The organization is named after Sambhaji, son of Shivaji. In fact, the activists have gone so far as to threaten to disrupt the shooting of the serial and damage the sets if "VS" shuts down.

Sources from the production house say that the channel has been getting threatening calls from the activists for almost a week now.

@Bold - Do they like want Shivaji on air like forever ?! ðŸ˜¡

N Madhubala ki money minded family toh hai hii laa - javaab ðŸ˜µ ... They always used her as a money making machine when she was alive n even after she's nt anymore, seems like they r not leaving any opportunity to make money by her name!!.. Dilip Kumar himself knws about the show n he is having no probs with it, neither does Saira then y does Madhu's family want to gain sympathy n make money like this ðŸ¤¢
bubble_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pavi.Dravid119

@Bold - Do they like want Shivaji on air like forever ?! ðŸ˜¡

N Madhubala ki money minded family toh hai hii laa - javaab ðŸ˜µ ... They always used her as a money making machine when she was alive n even after she's nt anymore, seems like they r not leaving any opportunity to make money by her name!!.. Dilip Kumar himself knws about the show n he is having no probs with it, neither does Saira then y does Madhu's family want to gain sympathy n make money like this ðŸ¤¢

@red...I didn't know this..Madhubala wasn't loved by her family kya...
and I wonder ki yeh log  jo Shivaji ko bandh nahi hone de rahe..woh khud yeh serial dekhte honge...

ChelseaForEver thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: _Sonu_

@red...I didn't know this..Madhubala wasn't loved by her family kya...
and I wonder ki yeh log  jo Shivaji ko bandh nahi hone de rahe..woh khud yeh serial dekhte honge...

U should ask about Madhubala to Dishu of our forum, she knws the story better than me ðŸ˜ƒ .. But as long as Madhu lived, she did wht her family asked her to

@Pink - Nope they dont ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£