Really confused viewers

Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
OK, so the guy that we thought was the hero of the show turns out to be the mamma of the hero. Now why did they do that? Talk about confusing. Now we have ot endure the love-hate relationships stuff. OK. Plus whats the deal with giving the girl's mom an actor that looks old enough to be her dad? The premise of this show is interesting but seriously, it doesn't have much else going for it. After a while this show is really going to end up dragging.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
We are fine with the show as it is. You can see and decide for how long you want to endure the show.
Parm. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Laila2009

OK, so the guy that we thought was the hero of the show turns out to be the mamma of the hero. Now why did they do that? Talk about confusing. Now we have ot endure the love-hate relationships stuff. OK. Plus whats the deal with giving the girl's mom an actor that looks old enough to be her dad? The premise of this show is interesting but seriously, it doesn't have much else going for it. After a while this show is really going to end up dragging.

@bold:  are you referring to Sugni's dad?  If it is I guess it was the Thakur's pregotive as the rich man around to choose a 15 year old girl for himself (not that I find it acceptable but then again I don't find the whole ritual acceptable, however I am still enjoying the show and am glad that it is being brought into light that these things are still happening even today).
cyrine thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Iam totlly ok with the ways the show is Taking shape, I am not fan if vikram-sugni jodi because I think that vikram is older Than her, much older. Sugnis mother started her "profession" at very Young age and alot older takur did the sardkai. I absolutely don't want the same thing for sugni. I don't think that the show should encourage an older man (vikram) marrying sugni, the show is about change, isnt it? If they do make vikram the lead, then history Will be repeating itself.
My opinion - i would personally not want to see shows encourage older Guy marrying Young girl, especially in the circumstances that sugni in in.
atria thumbnail
I guess the whole point of having Jwala Singh as Gulabiya's pair is that Gulabiya didn't get a say in who she wanted to have a relationship with. The Thakur did her sardhakai at fifteen and she had to go along with it. That was how it worked in her village. So they are not showing Gulabiya-Jwala Singh as a great love story but as an injustice to a young girl. Sugni is trying to break that tradition of injustice. 😊
Regarding Vikram and Aditya, we are all a bit confused about who is going to be what to Sugni, but to me that's the fun in watching the show so far, we get to see great interactions between the characters and the storyline keeps us guessing.
Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
The problem is that the character of Vikram is a lot more interesting and stronger than this new guy. Had it been the other way round, and this lead character was actually interesting to watch, it would have helped. I mean, what's the need for Vikram anyway? He doesn't serve much purpose. Bad move on part of the writers.
Parm. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

The problem is that the character of Vikram is a lot more interesting and stronger than this new guy. Had it been the other way round, and this lead character was actually interesting to watch, it would have helped. I mean, what's the need for Vikram anyway? He doesn't serve much purpose. Bad move on part of the writers.

Maybe Sugni will be the bone of contention between Vikram and his nephew.  I don't know how that helps the storyline right now as the show is still in it's infancy (especially since Aditya just showed up) but I'm sure it will all pan out eventually.
ThruMyEyez-Nita thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
It is still early to say exactly how things are going to turn out and how the relationships are going to get intertwined with one another.

All I can say is that, this show has been really interesting and they have amazing characters being played by amazing actors who are a treat to watch.

bee5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Laila,
  It was clear in the launch video that Aditya is the hero. Not sure if they would change it later on viewer's feedback or something or if the story itself has a twist later on and they didn't reveal it at the launch(?). But I agree Vikram is a much stronger character and all the scenes with his interactions with Sugni are good. Actually all his scenes are good with or without the girl. Its too early to say anything about Aditya's.

As far Sugni's mom and dad, as other's have mentioned, she did not have a choice.

About the show itself, I felt the 1st week are really good, but right in the next week, it started  looking similar to prior show(s). I am still sticking with this because of Vikram Thakur's character. This is my 1st show of Varun and he seems good with this character. 
Edited by bee5 - 11 years ago
jakther7 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: bee5

Laila,
  It was clear in the launch video that Aditya is the hero. Not sure if they would change it later on viewer's feedback or something or if the story itself has a twist later on and they didn't reveal it at the launch(?). But I agree Vikram is a much stronger character and all the scenes with his interactions with Sugni are good. Actually all his scenes are good with or without the girl. Its too early to say anything about Aditya's.

As far Sugni's mom and dad, as other's have mentioned, she did not have a choice.

About the show itself, I felt the 1st week are really good, but right in the next week, it started  looking similar to prior show(s). I am still sticking with this because of Vikram Thakur's character. This is my 1st show of Varun and he seems good with this character. 

well said 👏👏👏 agree with u