WU: 6th May 2012: Female Infanticide

.dream-catcher. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
I dont know how to jot down what happened but just pointing out main events

Daughters Are Precious: Female Foeticide. Large-scale killing of girls before birth has led to a serious gender imbalance in the Indian population, and severe social problems as a result

Expecting a child is often a nightmare for women who are pressurized to produce a boy under pain of 1 and torture

Contrary to popular belief, female foeticide happens among the urban, educated sections as much as in the rural areas.

Society, the law and the official machinery often turn a blind eye and those who try to find a solution face harassment

A dearth of women due to female foeticide will result in them being traded like commodities. The horrible truth is that this is already happening.

The solution lies in amending the system, changing official and social attitudes, and in taking individual action.

Satyamev Jayate played host to a couple of daring journalists, Meena Sharma and Shripal Shaktawat from Rajasthan who conducted sting operations at a number of clinics and hospitals across India that practiced the heinous act of murdering a female child in mother's womb. Through the show, Aamir has helped in creating a public forum and has promised to write to Chief Minister of Rajasthan to set up Fast Track courts to settle the impending cases against the doctors caught red handed in state.

Satyamev Jayate will make you unlearn all the wrong you have learnt and discover that compassionate human your soul wishes to be.

Hope it was quite pleasing will wait for you comments
Edited by poojawal_Pooja_ - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ChitraF thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for sharing.. It was really heart touching episode..
rjhaveri thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
The lawyer who is representing one of the ladies on her case mentioned that during the trial the Judge said "everyone has a right to an heir (read son)", he further repriminded the police for arresting her husband and in-laws and he also told the lawyer he had never heard of such a law (banning scans and female infanticide).  This is the level of ignorance that lawmakers have.  The rot has set in all levels of society.
april10 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the written update.  

As soon as I started watching I just could not control myself.

I could not believe that instead of uneducated you see more in educated and people lives in the city.

Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Thanks for the short WU.. Pooja..🤗

The episode on female Infanticide was really well shown👏.. by showing us all kinds of aspects.. in which this female infanticide rampant and kept live by doctors who do illegal sex determination plus abortion..😡 and society people who want male child only in their family..😡 and how females will now be sold in future🤢 n has started already in some villages in rajasthan..😡🤢.. n she made to bear kid,, n again re-sold😲🤢.. for there r lack of females available..!!!! ( all due to these kind of low mentality people only😡.. who wanted a male child only😡.. have ultimately lead sex ratio of males v/s females born in most of states.. even more skewed..)
mudraswathi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Thanks for the WU.

Really it is a commendable effort by Amir khan.👏
busybee.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thank u so much for sharing:-)
atominis thumbnail

Thanks. This show was so moving!! The woman whose husband bit her face and disfigured it just because she couldn't give birth to a son...her story was shocking!! 

It was good parda phash by Aamir Khan and his SMJ team to show doctors, lawyers and pics of official papers from AIIMS! Shows our total lack of action and mere lip service to a pervasive issue!

Aamir is pretty good as a host. Not like others, but genuine, simple with an understated warmth - in his own way he strikes a chord.

The best part is that they are also raising funds for NGOs that work on the causes highlighted in each episode! So not merely a ''talk and it's over type'' show!

Kudos to Star Plus, Aamir Khan, his team and AKP!

Chasmis_31 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
This show bring tears in my eyes...I am definitely going to follow it
Thanks for the WU!

NIDHI
Al.Iz.Wel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
i've missed it
hope i'l never miss again