Asif Ali:MAMMOOTTY'S MY GUARDIAN NOT MY GODFATHER

PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 11 years ago

MAMMOOTTY'S MY GUARDIAN NOT MY GODFATHER...

Mollywood actor Asif Ali says having the superstar around has paved his trouble-free path to success

Sanjith Sidhardhan

The Malayalam film industry may be known to encourage and promote talent irrespective of a person's background and contact list. But one of the industry's rising star, Asif Ali, says having a godfather helps pave way for a trouble-free path for success. And the man he considers closest to being one is superstar Mammootty.
    The young actor had earlier told Kochi Times that not having a godfather in the industry was one of the reasons why he has become the subject of negative campaigns — both within the industry and online.
    Asif says, "Having a godfather ensures that if you gets dragged into any sort of controversy, there will be someone to back you. It makes it easier to focus on your career than worry about what's happening elsewhere."
    The actor also says that luck and building the right contacts goes a long way for an actor in Mollywood. "It's all interconnected. If you maintain a good rapport with your directors and co-actors, you would be considered for their future projects. However, there are also others who use this to pressurise me into signing their films and they aren't too happy when I say no," he points out.
    While Asif insists that he doesn't have a godfather, he adds, "Superstar Mammootty is the closest thing to a guardian. As an individual, he's had a huge influence on me. I was always impressed with his attitude towards life," he says.
    "We maintain a good relationship as he was involved with the distribution of my first film Rithu. He had also helped me with my sound dubbing, which was out of sync for my first few films, by asking me to come to the studio so I could watch and learn while he was dubbing for his flicks," he adds.
    But Asif 's biggest joy was working with the superstar in Jawan of Vellimala. "The film was a learning experience. It gave me the chance to see for myself what it is about Mammootty that makes millions of people adore him. I think it has to do with the effort that he puts in even for the slightest nuance for the role," he says.
    [email protected]

SUCCESS FORMULA: Asif Ali; (right) Mammootty

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SweetyGreen thumbnail
Thanks Chal didi for sharing the news..👏
I really need to start catching up with malayalam movies again. Who is this Asif Ali?
SweetyGreen thumbnail

Originally posted by: bulls-eye

I really need to start catching up with malayalam movies again. Who is this Asif Ali?

Deepa its surprising tat u too dont knw about him..😃 this statement i should have given da..😆😆😆

Originally posted by: SweetyGreen

Deepa its surprising tat u too dont knw about him..😃 this statement i should have given da..😆😆😆

😆😆
SweetyGreen thumbnail