SwaRon OS - Red Bull Hangover

CoffeeAddict thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
A/N: Hiya my lovelies... so here's another one out of my junkyard brain!!! Haha... these days I end up writing a story on every song I hear in my playlist. Won't be long before I have my laptop full of over hundred OS based on songs. This one's not particluarly on one but a few together.

Hope it's good since it's almost half the length of my SS. It's looong... but yeah it's still an OS.

And yes even I'm high. On Benadryl!!! 😛

Red Bull Hangover

At times I wonder just how many bad things can happen to you in twenty-four hours. And technically it's not even complete twenty four hours since morning when I was deciding on what dress to wear to the Charity Gala after party Rey was throwing for all of us who had worked hard for the event.

I stared at my third glass stirring it absentmindedly... or was it my fourth... or fifth. Shucks, forget that. I said keeping my head on my folded arms onto the bar counter. I picked it up in downed the last of the red liquid in one gulp. I smacked my lips; there was nothing better than vodka red bull in the world to drown yourself and your bad day into!

He came and sat down next to me as I lolled my head sideways to glance at him. I think I'm drunk... Maybe.

"Hi Swayaaammm..." Uh, did I just make his name sound like I was talking about some yummy dish? Gosh, I'm drunk!

"Sharon, are you drunk?" He asked me as he took a sip of his glass. What was that? I had seen him ordering vodka with coconut water earlier in the party, but seemed something else. I took my eyes to the level of his glass, my nose almost touching it as I blinked a few times to focus. He picked it up and I trailed my eyes behind it. I think you really can't stretch your upper body over three feet with your ass planted firmly on a chair without falling over. He held my arm and made me sit back like I had been. I sighed and placed my chin in my palms as I balanced my elbows on the counter looking at him with a dissatisfied pout. He was saying something to the bar tender, he nodded back. I blinked a few times. What's wrong... I couldn't hear them. I rubbed my eyes. I still couldn't hear them.

"Drink this." Swayam said placing a tall glass in front of me. I looked at it up and down and sniffed it.

"Yuck! I don't drink lemonade!!" I said scrunching my nose.

"Drink it up. You're drunk."

"I'm NOT!" I said baffled.

"You are!"

"Nopsies I'm not!" I said folding my arms against my chest. My chair swayed to the side. Wow this chair could swirl. I tested it once by going round, it was fun. I looked back at him. He was laughing at me. "Haww' you should not laugh a someone. That's a bad manner!" I said pushing his nose like a button.

"Sharon drink this!"

"You know... My name's not Sharon. It's Sharanjeet. But don't tell anyone, it's a secret." I said putting a finger on my lips.

"I know that..."

"You do?" I looked at him wide eyed. "It's stupid na. I mean Dad has such a classy name. And he had to name me Sharanjeet... eee... sounds like a big burly girl in a Punjabi suit!!" I said enacting my horror to him with my hands. He just laughed again. "But you know, sometimes I just want to live like Sharanjeet' that's right. Today I'll be just Sharanjeet Rai Prakash!" I said opening my arms wide.

"After you finish this up." Swayam pointed at the glass. I hated lemonade. And this wasn't even lemonade. It was torture. It was too much lemon squeezed in a glass of water without any sugar or honey... imagine my dismay!

"You have half of it."

"Okay fine... you drink half of it. I'll have the rest." He said rolling his eyes.

"No you have first." I said my arms still crossed. He looked at me for a few seconds and drowned his own glass first. Then he took the glass and sucked through the straw. He emptied it half in one breath and then pushed the glass towards me. I shook my head saying no.

"Sharon!" He scolded.

"Don't scold me!" I said as I took the straw. It tasted like apple martini, so that's what he was drinking. I drank the rest and wiped my mouth with the expression I used to make when the nanny would make me finish the glass of milk every morning.

"Good. Now go and freshen up. I'll take you home then." He said making me get up.

"I don't want to go home..."

"We'll see to that later. You go and wash your face first." He said pushing me lightly towards the washroom. I splashed my face lightly and tapped it dry. I felt less drunk now. As I came out I saw Swayam standing there with my clutch in his hand standing with his arms crossed his back against the wall.

"Shall we leave now?" I asked with an awkward smile. He stood up and handed me my purse.

"Feeling fine now?" He asked and I nodded.

"I messaged Rey that I'm taking you with me." I nodded again as we left the lounge. "Do you have your car?" He asked.

"No. I came with Rey." I said. "How will we go now?" I asked dejectedly.

"Don't worry. I have mine." He said as he directed me towards the far end of the parking lot. I rubbed my arms, it was chilly after the rain had stopped. He took off his coat and put it on my arms. It was then that I realized he was dressed differently. He had a sand coloured blazer, which he had handed me, over a black half sleeved t-shirt that fit him snugly making me realize he had a muscular body. He dug his hands into his jeans and looked down as he walked along.

"Chivalrous much?" I said sarcastically.

"Huh?" I looked a lot confused. The expression suited him, I thought with a grin.

"It's cold. You're wearing a half sleeved t-shirt. So if you hand over your blazer to me, it's gonna be you who'll catch the cold."

"We have just one... so someone has to be without it."

"Who said that?" I said as I raised a side indicating we could share.

"That's okay. We're reached the car." He said. I imagined one of two cars of his that I'd earlier seen but when my eyes trailed over his arm when he pointed towards the car, I was blown.  It was a silver Skoda, a gleaming long sedan.

"Just how many cars do you have?" I wondered aloud. And he chuckled as he went towards the door of the passenger seat and opened it for me. He walked over to his side and I traced the path his feet took with him eyes as he stepped over the moon. Over the moon? I suddenly looked up at the sky. The moon was still there where it should be. I looked down again. The moon was reflecting in a puddle on the pavement. I smiled as I looked up again raising my hand to the level of the moon and closed my fist imagining trapping the moon in my palm.

"You won't really get it even if you imagine." He said with a chuckle looking at me from over the car top. "Let's go." He said as he climbed in. I shook my head with a sigh and climbed in the car. I took his coat off and hung it over my seat's back. He put the heater on high as he reversed the car out of the parking. I rubbed my hands in front of the heating vents feeling the goose-bumps rise on my arms with the clash of temperatures.

I looked over at him as he absentmindedly ran a hand through his hair. I reached forward and shook his hand with my hand. He looked at me wide eyed. I knew they were soft, but never knew they were so soft, even softer than the fur of the puppy I used have a few years ago.

"Sharon." He said rolling his eyes as he looked over at me. I took my hand out of his hair. Maybe I was trespassing. My bad.

"I'm not Sharon." I said as I sat back in my seat.

"Then?"

"I said na, today I'm Sharanjeet Rai Prakash."

"Nice to meet you Sharanjeet." Swayam said as he extended a hand towards me balancing the steering wheel with the other.

"Nice to meet you too Swayam..." I trailed along trying to remember his full name. it was something quite a mouthful.

"Swayam Shekhawat." He completed.

"Your name's so cute. Just like you." I pulled his cheek laughing out.

"Sharon..."  He began to say as I glared at him. "Sharanjeet. Where do you want to go?"

"Nowhere." I said opening my arms and hugging myself.

"Nowhere?"

"I go on a long drive. So long that we stop only when we're out of road..."

"Or out of petrol." Swayam mumbled.

"I want to dance in the rain. Jump into puddles."

"The rain just got over. Sorry, you're late."

You're such a killjoy!" I said punching his arm and he just chuckled. Damn this guy's rude! I just sat in my seat with my arms crossed. I looked out of the window at the zooming empty road. I wanted to feel the wind on my face. I rolled the window down and felt the chilly wind freeze the tip of my nose.

"Sharon close the window, it's cold."

"No." I said closing my eyes.

"Okay. Wear the blazer then."

"No. You wear it."

"Why should I wear it?"

"Because a window's open and you'll catch cold." I said looking at him trying to speak in a matter-of-factly tone.

"Fine." He said sternly and stopped the car.

"What!" Great, rude and irritating. What's gotten into this guy tonight? He rummaged for something on the backseat and emerged with a black shawl. It was a hand-woven woollen shawl, roughly woven as if by someone just learning to knit. But it was soft. I rubbed it against my cheek. The shawl smelled of lemongrass.

"Stop feeling it. Wear it!" Swayam scolded me, again.

"Whose is it?"

"Mom's." He said as he started the car again. "This is dad's car. Mom keeps a shawl in the car always in case it gets cold when they're getting back from somewhere." He said as I kept my head on the open window.

"Why keep a shawl. The car has a heater."

"Because she's just like you." He said chuckling lightly. I smiled.

"So where are we going?"

"You said you wanted to go on a long drive without a destination."

"Hmmm..."

"What else do you want to do?"

"I want to sit on the car bonnet in the middle of nowhere and stargaze. Tonight I want to be reckless, fearless... I want to be everything I would've been if I hadn't become Sharon." I said looking at him. He was one of things I'd have wanted if I hadn't been Sharon. The first thing.

"You want to have come chai?" He said as he stopped the car a little later shaking me out of my thoughts.

"Chai?" I said as I got up and looked out of the car. There was small shack nearby. I smiled and nodded at him. He got out of the car and crossed over to my side to get to the chai shack. "Swayam." I said stopping him.

"Yeah..." He said looking back and he came to my eye level. I handed him his blazer with a smile. He smiled and wore it before going to the chai-wala. He came back in a few minutes holding two clay mugs. "Here you go... special kullhad wali chai." He said as he gave me both the mugs and got into the car. We slowly sipped the tea as we drove on. I loved the taste of clay with the chai as I wrapped both my palms around it to feel the warmth of it.

A little later he stopped the car near an empty park. I looked at him questioningly as he just shrugged and gestured me to get out. I put down my empty chai mug that had now gone cold. As we got out he pointed above us. There were no trees and the sky was devoid of any clouds. I looked at the wide expanse of the star studded canopy with amazement.

"Climb on." He said patting the bonnet of the car over which he had spread out a huge blanket.

"Let me guess, this is your mom's too." I asked feeling the blanket. It was warm from the heat of the engine.

"I told you, my mom's a lot like you." He said with a smile. I tried getting on the hood but kept on slipping - a little of because I didn't know how to, a lot because I was conscious of my dress that ended just a little over my knees. "Stop Stop!" Swayam said hurrying towards my side.

"What?"

"Take off your shoes, I don't want you poking one of the head lights with it." He said as I grumbled. I took off my heels and automatically became three inches shorter than what I already was. Now I was staring right at his chest. I handed them to him and he threw them on the backseat form the open window. But I still couldn't get myself onto the hood, the blanket was making it more slippery and I didn't want to touch any of the exposed parts since the car was hot. I looked over at him as he rolled his eyes. I just wanted to stomp my feet and get back in the car when I felt his hands on my waist. I looked at his face in surprise. He picked me up and placed me onto the bonnet of the car. While I was still in daze he just heaved himself onto the other side and placed his head back on the windscreen.

As looked at the stars and the moon I wondered why I wanted to do all this. It wasn't the alcohol anymore. The last wisps of the effect had worn out when the cold wind had hit me on my face. Maybe it was the adrenalin rush... or maybe the red bull. I nodded to myself, it was the red bull hangover. I looked over to him. He seemed to be lost somewhere.

"I know what you're thinking." I said in a low tone. He looked back me, not realizing what I had said. "I don't want to forget this. Not this time." I said as he shifted a bit towards him and put my head on his shoulder. Was this too the red bull? Or the adrenalin? Or the vodka was coming back? No I can't put the blame on anything else. The perpetrator was the one throbbing in my chest right now wanting to leap out. He smiled as he put his head over mine and I closed my eyes holding onto his arm.

A little later, maybe a lot later. I felt something drop on my cheek. I opened my eye and felt another on my forehead. I looked up. They were raindrops. It was starting to rain. Swayam suddenly jumped off the hood and picked me up. He hurriedly gathered the blanket and tossed it inside. I think he realized it later that I was not in the car next to him.

I held my arms open as I felt the raindrop bounce off my skin giving me shivers down my spine. I wanted to sing out. It was just like Natasha Bedingfield's song... as I thought of it the song began to play in my head - "Feel the rain on your skin, no one else can feel it for you." And I began singing along. Not caring for anything else.

"Sharon, come back into the car you'll get sick!"

"Shut up Swayam and come here!"

"Sharon..."

"Swayam... please." I said looking at him as the rain started falling more furiously. He looked at me for a few minutes and then came out. The first few drops made the colour of his coat go darker, some clinging to his hair as he began getting closer. I put my arms down and entwined my hands with his as I stared at him.

"Dance with me..." Swayam said as he put my hands behind his neck and pulled me closer by my waist as we swayed lightly under the rain. I put my head on his chest and mumbled the later lines of the song to myself as if that was my lesson for the day - "Today is where your book begins... rest is still unwritten."

"Sharon..." I felt his hand on my cheek. I had fallen asleep cuddled in the blanket that was thankfully still not wet. As we had sat in the car under a tree after the rain had stopped I had to squeeze the water out of the shawl and my dress when Swayam wrapped the blanket on me. He raised the temperature as he rolled up the window. Somewhere along the journey back home I had fallen asleep staring at him.

"Sharon..." I felt him tap my cheek again. I opened my eyes with a smile. I knew my home had come.

"Hey..." I said looking at him.

"Hey to you too sleepy head. We've reached..." He said as he got to a side to give me space to get down. I picked up my sandals and purse and stepped out letting the blanket fall back on the seat. I looked at him as he closed the door behind me. I was shaking - shivering or nervous I don't know.

"So... see you tomorrow." I said not having anything else to say. As I began to take a few steps ahead a felt his grip on my wrist. I look back at him staring at me. I didn't know what to do or say as I saw him nearing me. He bent down a little and I felt his warm breath on my face as I closed my eyes. Second later his lips were on mine, sweet and soft. My first kiss. And it was perfect.

I open my eyes as I end the kiss. He touched his forehead with mine smilingly and stood there with me in his arms for a few minutes. I shivered a little, this time surely because of cold. He chuckled as he pecked me on my forehead.

"See you tomorrow love." He said as he walked back to the car and drove off. And I just stared behind him. Suddenly I felt my phone buzz in my purse. It almost fell out of my hand as I fumbled to open it. As I finally got my phone, I saw it was message from Swayam.

"Go inside. You'll catch cold. Goodnight." Along with the text was a picture of me with my fist raised up next to the full moon. As I read the message I chuckled smacking my forehead with my purse as I sprinted inside.

It was one of my best nights... and life was going to be even better from now on. Life as me. Fearless.

My Other Works:

SwaRon OS - Without You:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1708079

My RiMar OS - Mere Jaana:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1713045

SwaRon OS - Cinderella's Man:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/2938373

SwaRon OS - The Last Dance:
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/2943123

SwaRon SS - Falling For The Beast:
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/2946173

SwaRon OS - Fidelity:
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/2955588

Luv,
Pree

P.S. Remind me incase I've forgotten to add any of my old OS/SS in the list. 😉
Edited by Sheherzade - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nj_SRKholic thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Res
unres...
Wow...!!!!!!... Heavenly beautiful... Ur too gud at os's yaar n dat 2 swaron os's... Actually m speechless ryt nw... Dnt knw wat 2 say... N hope u cn undrstand my feelings dat ryt nw wat i myt b feeling ftr reading dis... Itz amazing n beautiful...
D drink d beautiful n childhish sharon... N lastly d kiss was d awesumest one... Loved it 2 d core... N yeah m d 1st 1 2 like n comment even b4 ur pm...
Edited by namratajadhav - 11 years ago
Snowey thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Awesome read. 👏
I hope you write many more..i really do.
Loved how you ended it.
Thanks for the PM.

Sawyer_Tom thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
That previous comment was me being speechless. Now that I've found my voice again let me tell you just how mindblowingly beautiful that was! I loved it! I'm in love with your writing! And if you were a guy I would probably be in love with you! Each and every word was right in it's place. But there are some phrases which I absolutely loved like-
"I want to be everything I would've been if I hadn't become Sharon."
In that one sentence you very aptly nailed the character of Sharon.
And another phrase-
"Sharon..." I felt him tap my cheek again. I opened my eyes with a smile. I knew my home had come."
That was so sweet. It takes you one line to convey what others would require volumes to do. Your style of writing is as always excellent! Now when I think of my favorite authors your name most definitely pops up. Thanks for making me fall in love with Swaron all over again. 

Sawyer_Tom thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I don't think one comment was enough. So here goes another. From the first line itself I was totally captivated. Your sure as hell do know how to capture someone's attention. And this story was anything but tragic which tells you that tragedy is not the only thing you excel at (writing-wise, I mean). This OS was about letting go of all your inhibitions and doing whatever the hell your heart wants. It was about living your life on your terms and going after your dreams. And it was very beautifully demonstrated. I liked everything about this OS. From the very appropriate ( and by appropriate I mean totally on the spot) lyrics to the extremely beautiful method of stringing words together. You talent is a gift not only to you but also to others. Keep using it because I, for one, would love to read more and more of your works. It's never going to be enough for me. With every new story, you raise the bar considerably. And with every new story, you totally excel that limit.

P.S. There were a few mistakes that I think were more due to the fact that you neglected to go through it again ( which all of us at some point do! 😉 ) than anything else. I just wanted to let you know. But irrespective of that this is what I would call your masterpiece. At least till your next work. 😆

P.P.S Actually scratch that. I still think your OS Falling for the beast is your masterpiece. Of course, till your next work.😆
Edited by tanha_swaron - 11 years ago
The007Shivani thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Amazing thanks for writing
AmRiTa_S thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Pree i am sorry i dnt know how to express what i felt while reading this OS / SS of yours. I am nt good at this but all i can say is i loved it and talli Sharon is so much fun. The way u described Sharon drunk and Swayam caring part was beautiful..i could visualize SS and i also loved the part when Swayam said to Sharon that she is a lot like his mother. Sharon's struggle to get on bonnet was cute. I enjoyed it..nicely drafted..thnx fr the PM..Keep writing 😊
ABBY92 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Damn Pree, this was awesome !!! Now, this is the real Sharon and you described her so beautifully...I can't wait for the day we'll get to see this Sharon in the actual epis !!!
marauder thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Ah finally an OS from you devoid of any tragedy. And it was just mind blowing. Everything in it from the description of the scenaries to the emotion potrayed was just so beautiful. And in the end the kiss was just a worthy conclusion to this awesome OS.
havokhotline thumbnail
OH. MY. GOD.

:O

This is amazing! Why doesn't such stuff EVER happen in the show?! ;(

You captivated me starting from the first line. :) Brilliant work!