The_HawkEye thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Guys, my take on this show is that the ranking of the pairs is not fair. The format is that the comedians have to act according to the role in a script given to them.

This is how I see them. (please you may have your own ranking. 😲)

Bharati and Siddarth - possibly are the best once it comes to acting and comedy. They follow the script and perform in their role to the best of the ability and create humor out of it. They can act. The religiously stick to their roles.

Mantra - Anup Soni -  Mantra is a full fledged gifted all round actor. He also sticks to his role and has all the ability to act and plays his role to the best of his ability. Anup Soni is no doubt a mature actor and can act thru his role. Mantra now also tends to address the judges.

Rajiv Thakur - Suhasi - Rajiv has come a long way but still cannot be called a good actor. He use to stick to his role but now he digresses frequently following the practice of Kapil and Krushna. Suhasi no doubt has much higher acting skills and very good timing as she shines in whatever little is given to her. Although Rajiv tends to follow Kapil in passing personal remarks in an attempt to create humor.

Krushna Abhishek - Sudesh Lahri - Sudesh Lahiri actually is the backbone of this team. He acts thru his script where as Krushna is good at dancing, but mostly he focuses on addressing Archana and Sohail and uses foul language or tries to get vulgar with the female team members trying to create humor out of horni-ness.

Kapil Sharma - Sumona Chakravarty - Kapil by far has no acting talent and mostly addresses Archana to make her laugh, acting as her personal court jester or he rudely attacks his fellow female actors coming from the TV by passing derogatory comments. Sumona is new to acting but she is confused by Kapil. Kapil likes to take advantage of the ladies and make fun of them by passing personal remarks instead of creating humor, except for Shewta Tewari who can take him head on and he never tried to screw with her. So Kapil is the biggest hype on this show.

In fact Krushna and Kapil are highly over-rated. They try and follow the pattern of Pakistani comedian Shakil who use to participate in the earlier episodes of Comedy Circus and to some extent the style
of Omar Sharif . If you make one combined video of each team. Krushna & Kapil style and pattern of jokes will be repetitive and you will hardly see any variety. VIP all though is a mimicker but he uses this skill to perform a role in the script making it a treat to watch and he never made any personal remark about Kapil and he always kept to his script.  Kapil was busy degrading his skill set as if he is doing a favor by letting him work on his team.

Although Kapil has been winning these shows, but I don't think it was according to any genuine criteria. This is not a stand up show, like they use to have another channel, where the comedian would come and perform independently and did whatever make the judges laugh.

This format is clearly acting on script which is about a funny scenario. So with this perspective I think the judges should also know how to give scores and what to see. Its not making them laugh by personal punches or derogatory remarks about their colleagues and even the guest and not forgetting the Judge Archana (possibly she never got any attention in her life before Kapil and Krushna came on the show. ðŸ˜Š)  but purely showing the talent of acting and that is why all the actors say that Comedy is really difficult. Is this the comedy those actors in Hollywood, bollywood refer to? I think the producers should not let the standard of the comedy down. Else very soon this show will start to carry the vulgar dialogues and jokes as they show in Punjabi Comedy Stage Shows.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

purpleymatter thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Agree about Kapil who is the most ridiculously overrated guy on this show. His USP is bullying his female partners and thats it. He can not do any other kind of comedy. No wonder Sohail is taking so long to start Sher Khan. Poor guy has promised him an "acting" role. lol

But Krushna Sudesh are actually good. They are the original trendsetters. Most punchlines and gags have been invented by them. Of the given participants, they are way ahead of everyone else in overall talent. If it hadn't been for Archana they would totally win every time. I find unscripted and witty comedy way funnier so the rest do nothing for me.