Shahid Kapur and Katrina Kaif on Imtiaz Ali's next

Posted: 12 years ago

Shahid, Katrina team up for Imtiaz Ali's romantic comedy 2 2 Tango

PRIYANKA SRIVASTAVA  | Mumbai, April 20, 2012 | 08:30
Shahid Kapoor and Katrina Kaif.

Shahid Kapoor finally looks all set to star opposite Katrina Kaif and he has only Imtiaz Ali to thank.

This will be Shahid and Imtiaz's second project together after the 2007 superhit Jab We Met, and the latter's debut as a producer under his production house PI Films (P stands for his wife Preety and I for Imtiaz).

Poster of the Korean hit My Girlfriend Is An Agent.
The movie, which will also mark the directorial debut of choreographer Bosco (of Bosco-Caesar fame), has been titled 2 2 Tango and is an official remake of the 2009 South Korean romantic action comedy, My Girlfriend Is An Agent.

Bosco confirmed the news. "I will direct the film and we are right now at the scripting stage. The official announcement will be made once we are done with the script," he said.

He refused to divulge any details about the cast though. "All we can say is that the film will feature prominent actors. We don't want to reveal anything without locking a tight script," he said. A source from PI films said: "The production house will collaborate with UTV Motion Pictures for the project."

UTV has already bought the rights of the Korean hit. The story will now be jointly developed by the two banners.

"The lead characters of the story are endearing and over-energetic, and Shahid and Katrina have been approached for the roles because they fit the bill perfectly," the source added.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shahid will have Kat to thank for his comeback hit!  
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Reminds me of this tweet:

Ram Gopal Varma ? @RGVzoomin

The good thing about being shorter than @nathalia_kaur is that u can enjoy her beauty from the bottom

Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
OMG I really hope this is true!! Fingers crossed :)
So now they are moving to Korean cinema after they've tried it all from Hollywood? 

Well, the only good thing coming out of it is that they are atleast admitting to copying...
I have lost faith in Imtiaz but Shahid needs a hit, both Katty and Imtiaz are very lucky when it comes to hits unlike Shahid.
vssaras thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Katalicious

OMG I really hope this is true!! Fingers crossed :)

Me too...😊
chambu n porcelain...

kya combo hai sir jee?
Debo_Afghan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Love imtiaz Ali's work.  Same goes for shahid. But I am disappointed with katrina. I feel imtiaz need a talent actress like kareena. After rock star I thought he would has learn his lesson. 

Would love to see shahid with kareena otherwise with kangana 
preity*zinta thumbnail
What is UP with all the remakes these days ?!