momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
At first glance at this episode I was not too happy.  But then, against my better judgement, I watched it again and you know what, the brew is on simmer and the heat is being turned up.

My initial reaction was due to the fact we didn't get anything in this episode - no a-ha! moment or open confession of sorts.  We didn't even get a precap to let us know that either Arnav or Khushi is thinking about the words just spoken.  We are just kind of lost out there is ArHi space in a pressure cooker waiting for someone to let the steam all out.  But I think it is coming.

Shyam is yucky.  Shyam is a slug.  Shyam is a slimeball with absolute disregard for getting caught and now is openly gawking and molesting Kh.  Notice how her saying that let me go and her constant rebukes have no effect, it doesn't matter what SHE wants, he has to get to her.  This is obsessive lust.  And this is something to look out for.  Shyam is weaving too many lies to too many people.  He may concoct new ways to misrepresent what he and Kh have in front of ASR, but he will eventually slip.

I am okay with the little misunderstanding actually.  It's just another one built on the first.  And it was done to throw a monkey wrench into any reflection ASR would have done regarding Kh and her motives.  I get it.  (just wish the first misunderstanding didn't have sand as its foundation).

There is a lot that happened in that fight.  A lot was said and a lot inferred.  While I did not like the fact that it was a dance around the issue - and that we weren't shown any kind of reaction or reflection - I think it actually may come tomorrow.

Honestly, you can't have what happened this night and not think back on what was said, ESPECIALLY if you are Khushi.  I am putting the weight of dimaag on her here and it doesn't have anything to do with ASR is so hot.  It has to do with the story.  What we are seeing here is that when ASR is at the point of noticing that things are not adding up, Kh's behavior, corroborated by Shyam, reflects and supports his worst fear about what he thinks is up between the two.  He was ready to talk to her about how he knew why she had not accepted the prize, but that changed when he saw the hand holding...and then the lying of where she was.  He is back to believing the worst.

But only because of this inkling of doubt that he demanded to know where she was.  But Kh is so totally done with explanations and digs herself a hole by saying she doesn't owe him anything.  But if she is done with talking to ASR, she should think on what he has told her all through this night, both in actions and words.  He has told her before that she has hurt him, that he will never let his Di get hurt, tonight again he tells her that he doesn't know what she is PLANNING, if she wants more jewelry or something more (cue Mr. Roy's files importance), that she is so good at acting "GOOD" in front of the family and that he does have a REASON to hate her, and that he had to marry her to save someone's life.  Dear Khushi, this pig headed man that you can read, the one whom you said never tells anyone what is going on in his heart because of that damn ego, the one who has dropped you before but now won't let you go, the one who you knew spoke to you as Ranjha, the one that you hid behind during Holi as your protector, he is hurting and he hates you for hurting the one thing that he has loved longer than you.  You KNOW what that is because he has told you 'I am doing this for my family, I am only doing this for Di'.  

I hated that rabba ve.  It was not necessary and it was so damn inappropriate.  Do not do it again directorji, it doesn't fit.  I did like the set up though - not the music.  If you see her face, it is precisely like the office where she asked him to drop her because she doesn't want to live if it means being saved by a man like him, and here it is he who cannot live without her, he can't let her go.  And the hug reminded me so much of the parking lot in the rain.  ASR trying so hard to control himself and his reaction to her and Khushi realizing that being in his arms is not the torturous prison she imagines.  But then both remember, hey now, we need to be nafrating.

ASR leaves - not giving an inch and Kh cries not getting answers and not budging either.  But as I wrote, there is significant writing on the wall.  Please CVs, I am trusting that the fight has lit the stick of dynamite and tomorrow I get to see some fireworks go off in somebody's mind.  Turn it up to a boil now.
Edited by momma1128 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lurvebooks thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
I really hope you're right...but if it shifts to another amnesia track I think a good chunk of viewers will switch...period. Edited by Lurvebooks - 12 years ago
smileyhug7679 thumbnail
i agree 100% with u ...

i am not sure why they cant stand eachother and talk it out for 5 mins'
everything will be cleared hopefully something comes out of this fight
balashiv15 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
res well written :) i liked it a lot lot and yes you are right 
momma1128 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lurvebooks

I really hope you're right...but if it shifts to another amnesia track I think a good chunk of viewers will switch...period.

This is me trying to be an optimist and thinking that the channel and the PH have too much recognition and vesting in this show to turn into into mashed potatoes
mommy2000 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Yes, when seen a second time around, there does seem to be a point to today's epi.

Maybe there is a sequel to this confrontation...or maybe this confrontation has been a sequel to their earlier ones.  Because with every "why this shaadi" and "why this nafrat" conversation/confrontation, he has revealed a bit more than the previous time.  Yes, it is now upto Khushi to connect the dots if she is the one intended to find out the truth behind the marriage.*reaching for happy juice*

If Arnav is the intended character to know about the truth, then they need to raise enough doubts in his mind.  And, like you mentioned, they may have started on that today at the competition.  Maybe tomorrow he stumbles upon a conversation wherein he finds out that glee sent Khushi with Shyam to get the medicine. *sipping on happy juice*

And if it is Anjali (if spoilers are to be believed), and how they will accomplish that is completely lost on me since she has the "sabse achcha" blinders on, maybe the dhaga will be a trigger. *gulping it down*

But regardless of what, who, how anything is revealed, it is about time that Khushi confides in Payal about Shyam.  You rightly pointed out...he is becoming fearless in his pursuits and he needs to be stopped.  How can they (arnav and khushi both based on what they see in their individual capacity) still think that they are doing Anjali any service by continuing to give him a chance?!?!? *dil maange more happy juice*

I am all for misunderstandings as long as they move the story forward --- bring arnav to his boiling point or khushi to hers...or both to theirs together.  So yes, we need to turn this up to a boil.  It's been a long time coming!!!

Anu -- here's to surviving on the happy juice!!!!

No seriously, great post!
Edited by mommy2000 - 12 years ago
Rabba-Ve-Delena thumbnail
It seems second viewings are making a lot of people warm up to the episode! I might try.. I'm an optimist and I love this show too much to see it come to a such a degrading end..! I really hope this wasn't a redundant to be forgotten argument.
Nightingale... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
awesum post n i totally agree wid u!
SoShy thumbnail
I so hope your right... 
Edited by SoShy - 12 years ago
momma1128 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rabba-Ve-Delena

It seems second viewings are making a lot of people warm up to the episode! I might try.. I'm an optimist and I love this show too much to see it come to a such a degrading end..! I really hope this wasn't a redundant to be forgotten argument.

I am praying that it isn't.
I recommend watching Shy's uncut.
But what is said is important when Veena reveals that Payal and Khushi had only the best intentions in sabatoge...net message - Kh and Payal can sacrifice for antoher's happiness.  Very SP message. ðŸ˜†