Amit does a Salman Khan move!

ThE_kHan07 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Amit does a Salman
   By: Tusshar Joshi
   May 23, 2006

Dekho mere doley sholey! Amit Jain. Pic: Sujit Jaiswal
How does one cover up a goof-up on television during a dance competition? Simple β€” if you have a good body, remove your jacket, swing it in the air and throw it to the audience.

Salman Khan is already famous for such bare-dare acts; this time, it was television actor Amit Jain's (Thodi Khushi Thode Gham) turn to pull off a similar stunt.

At a recent performance with fellow actor Kushal Punjabi on dance show Boogie Woogie, Amit forgot one of his choreographed steps. To cover up his mistake, the actor smartly removed his jacket and threw it to the audience at the set.

Describing what happened, Amit says, "I have developed a fascination for dancing and have even joined classes to better my skills. I was excited when I heard Kushal (Punjabi) was dancing with me. I admire his dance and it's a challenge to perform with him."

Diversion worked

The two performed on the title track of Dus Bahane. "We had choreographed our steps well in advance and knew exactly who was making what move. At the end, I missed one whole step. I didn't want anyone to know I had goofed up, so, to distract them, I removed my jacket and threw it off."

Known for his passion for working out and hitting the gym for hours, was the act aimed to show off his body? "If you have it, why not flaunt it? It was impromptu. When you watch it, you won't realise it was a cover-up," says Jain.

Tiff with Kushal?

Is it true that during the shooting of the episode, he had differences with Kushal over their performance? "It was a minor issue, where I asked him if we could give one more take. I got so carried away by our number that I wanted to give it another shot, to try and fine-tune some steps. But it never caused any problems between us. In fact, I was even going to offer him a vest that I had with me. We had an amazing time on the show."

Amit is all praise for Fame Gurukul winner Qazi Touqeer. "He's a fabulous person. Not only does he sing well, but he's a powerhouse performer."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

No Angel thumbnail
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK AT AMIT AND IT'S WITH OUT SHIRT!! 😳 😳 πŸ˜ƒ
heart girl thumbnail
Oh amitttttttttttttttttttttttt ye kya kiya tumne?! πŸ˜†
desi_chick05 thumbnail

Originally posted by: No Angel

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK AT AMIT AND IT'S WITH OUT SHIRT!! 😳 😳 πŸ˜ƒ

i knw yaar!
WOW
😳thanks taf u jus made my dayπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
oye hoyeee
jes amit that would certainly distract themπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜³
Kareena's World thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
oh i wish i caught tht jacket or shirt lol!! πŸ˜‰
heart girl thumbnail
Doid u jst say that ritu?! 😭 πŸ˜†
QT143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
OMG OMG OMG!!! "oxygennnnnnn"!!!!! taffffffffffff! u know wattttttttt!!! u juss made my day!!!! no wait itz night... ooo das betta πŸ˜† πŸ˜› !! jk
thank u soooooooooooooooooooo much!!! πŸ˜ƒ
muqualp thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
omg omg omg omg! Taf u made my day! thanks!
SweetButSpicy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
omg!! thnx 4 sharing taffs!!!
Dashing Boy thumbnail
Thank God! I didn't see that show otherwise I would have die laughing! πŸ˜›