I was ‘dating’ Gaurav, but ‘seeing’ Anuj

IMILWAAKAOO thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

I was 'dating' Gaurav, but 'seeing' Anuj

Says Narayani Shastri of her break-up with Gaurav Chopra and allegedly renewed relationship with ex-boyfriend Anuj Saxena

Reena Thapar Kapoor

Narayani Shastri is better known as Ekta Kapoor's blue eyed girl - her presence in three Balaji shows - Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Koi Apna Sa and Kkusum, justifies that. However, besides her plum roles, it is her love life that keeps her in the news -- first, a torrid affair with Anuj Saxena and later Gaurav Chopra. The most recent development is her alleged patch-up with ex-beau Anuj Saxena that's keeping her in the limelight. In conversation with Narayani:

It's been a while since you took up a new show?

The only show that I'm currently doing is Piya Ka Ghar. I shoot ten days in a month for it and am very happy about it.

Like most of your colleagues, why don't you want to take up more work and make more money?

I'm not denying the importance of money. But at present I'm making enough money with Piya Ka Ghar. What's the point of money if you're unable to enjoy it? Most actors who work round the clock don't live a normal life. They cannot afford to go out, party, shop and have a good time because they have to report for their shoot the next day. I need ten days in a month to be myself where I can do what I desire. After partying till late, I don't have to bother about the bags under my eyes or how'd I look in front of the camera the next day.

One hears that Gaurav Chopra and you didn't part ways on an amicable note!

This is absolute rubbish! To begin with, I was never seeing Gaurav. We were only dating. I think it's about time people understood the difference between dating and seeing. Gaurav and I were only testing waters. (Please note the difference) We'd accompany each other at parties and occasions. For some reason, it didn't last. We were together only for a year. But even today, he continues to be a phone call away. There is no bad blood between Gaurav and me

There are talks about Anuj Saxena and you having got back together.

Just because Gaurav is out of my life, doesn't mean that somebody has to replace him. Yes, Anuj and I were seeing each other. But that is an old story. We parted ways on an amicable note.

So, are you seeing Anuj Saxena?

That's my personal life and I don't think that I owe anyone an explanation.

Are you aware of the rumours about your alleged affair with Anuj making the rounds in the industry?

I know where it all started. I just bumped into him at a party, where we greeted each other. I entered the party alone and so did he. People just put two and two together. That's about it! He is a good friend and we've always maintained that. Despite breaking up, he has always invited me for his parties and I make it a point to attend them.

Did you break up with Gaurav for Anuj?

Not at all! There were many occasions when the three of us came face to face. Gaurav, Anuj and I are very secure about our feelings for each other. There was no discomfort or insecurity between us.</

You never worked with Balaji after walking out of Kkusum?

I was never out of Kkusum. I was always a part of it. I did shoot for them as and when the character of Tashu resurfaced. Ekta has always given me fabulous roles in her shows. I'm looking forward to working with her. But I'm not going to do any more saas-bahu soaps. They are monotonous and regressive. I'm now craving for an exciting role that will give me the opportunity to prove my worth as an actor.