Post-Bhagonwali Discussion Thread #1

rani2007 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi Everyone,

I know I haven't been around as much since the show ended but I drop by from time to time to read what you all have been posting.  Didn't realize it was so much!! 

I thought I would open up this thread so that we can continue the conversations/discussions.  The last written update thread is getting very long so let's see how this new discussion thread goes.  We can open up a new one once this one gets long as well!

Oh and I'll definitely try to come back and write!  I didn't realize so many of you were coming back. 😳😳😳😳

Edited by rani2007 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sahil70 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
πŸ˜† still keeping the forum on life support.
godblessall thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thank you Rani for starting this thread...you always come up with very useful posts...πŸ‘...this thread will give an opportunity to read the wonderful thoughts and discussions contributed by many of our fellow forum members who have been kind enough to come to the forum and continue writing almost regularly without a fail,  that is working almost as a life supporting system atleast for me after the show ended...My humble thanks to all of them...Leesan, Jps , Indi, Vanfan, Pensink and others ...sending hugs on your ways...please accept...
jps01 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@ Rani, its a joy on a Friday morning to see you on the Forum!!!  Welcome back!  I always knew you were nearby!!πŸ‘

@ Sahil, where and why did you disappear on us?πŸ˜‰

@ Godblessall, awww, thank you!  I also need the support to overcome the void and emptiness BBAT has left with me!
πŸ˜ƒ

Much love to all!!
Leesan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Rani, you are a godsend...welcome back to the forum and thank you so much!!!  Yes,... the forum has been limping along,with just a few of us posting regularly, but we are not  yet ready to throw in the towel...not on our beloved BBAT or our most precious forum!! No way...no how!!!!!

Anyways, when I read your post this morning and the others ...I teared up again. I don't know why, but maybe it was seeing familiar "faces" again... you Rani, Sahil,godblessall and of course my dear Jay (jps01)!!!

Just a suggestion ,but if each one of us tried to reach out to just one other member (by PM) that has left the forum, and inform them of this post, then maybe we can keep the forum active for even longer. Not sure if this will work, but it's worth a try!! What do you think??

Have a great day everyone, love to all, and what a great start to the week end!!! Looking forward to chatting with you all later!!!

indi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@rani2007, godblessall, sahil, jps01, leesan..  So happy to see that you are all still here!! 

Only just got a minute to visit ... went on the old discussion thread and nearly cried when I didn't see anybody ... thought you had all deserted me!    First Guddu and Runjhun and then you Guys ... enough to make me cry!!! 

I looked at  a few of the old BBAT episodes last night ... I so enjoyed them; could never tire of looking at BBAT!  One of the scenes was after G&R returned from the temple with the child's blood on his clothing ... Mahadevi's betrothal ... it was soo sweet when she defended him against the M&Ms and held his arm to take him  away, then when she was pouring water for him to wash his hands ...  G staring at her!  Gosh!!!  they brought back all the memories ... I miss BBAT so much!!!  I prefer to look at BBAT over and over again than to look at the other shows!!!  Am I crazy? 

Anyway, you all have a great weekend!!!

indi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: godblessall

Thank you Rani for starting this thread...you always come up with very useful posts...πŸ‘...this thread will give an opportunity to read the wonderful thoughts and discussions contributed by many of our fellow forum members who have been kind enough to come to the forum and continue writing almost regularly without a fail,  that is working almost as a life supporting system atleast for me after the show ended...My humble thanks to all of them...Leesan, Jps , Indi, Vanfan, Pensink and others ...sending hugs on your ways...please accept...

@godblessall ... I'll accept that hug!!!   You BBATians are very special to me!!  I too am grateful for your support; don't know how I would have handled the ending of BBAT if I didn't have you!  Nobody else could understand the heartache! 

Love you all!!
vanfan thumbnail
Hi Rani, Leesan, Jps01, indi, pensink, godblessall, vedi et all, How are you all doing? Thanks Rani for the thread. Nice to hear from you. Hope everyone had good Holi. Yes agreed that this forum is on life support but still going on strong! We have very determined strong young ladies still fighting for Guddu and I have become self proclaimed neutral Judge! Currently it is Bike Vs Elephants and both Vs horses I think, though not sure who has the horse? No one has proclaimed the cycle rickshaw yet even though I think some of best Gunjhun rides were on the cycle rickshaw. It might be the slowest but we all know the tortoise won the race in the end being slow and steady. 😊Thought I would mention this in case someone wants to pick this environmentally friendly and easy to use mode of transport. It is also easily camouflaged in Kannouj!
Actually as I am watching other shows on Zee I am surprised to see many shows copying so many things from BBAT. πŸ˜•First it was "Dharmpatni" in one, then it was "Apne humari tareef ki, hame accha laga" in another and I swear, I was most upset when in the third they had the lead's chain and mangalsutra caught together. These were all special in BBAT. So BBAT had many these "creative" viewers watching if not the general public.
There has not been much news about anything further on either from our favorite lead pairs, so nothing to look forward from there. Our only solace has been this forum and am happy to see my dear friends still on it. This seems to be only sane forum out there compared to the wild posts I see up every second in most other shows. There seems no justification or matter needed to open threads and here we are faithfully trying to use the final update thread because we were asked to by Wafah until you opened this one! Love you all and looking forward to hear from you guys.πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by vanfan - 12 years ago
lilly620 thumbnail
Happy Friday My Forum Friends,

Hope everyone had a good week, and a nice holi. Thanks Rani for opening this thread.!!! What a pleasant surprise it was this morning to read everyone's posts. Will we ever get over the loss of our beloved BBAT? I watch everything else with it in mind also..

Was channel surfing last night and caught another zee lead with his baby daughter My heart ached watching that scene. How utterly cheated I feel. More than the actual babies I wanted to see Runjhun's pregnancy announcement. I do envision him lifting her in the air and spinning her around. He would have then caught himself and set her down gingerly.!!!  I don't care how corny it would have been but I would have loved it. At the end of the show I was desperate enough to want him in one scene holding mahadevi's baby. He cradled the baby's head in a tiny segment in the last episode and I was awww❀️.I have watched the last episode numerous times and every time I do, all I see are the missed opportunities. In that one episode, they could have shown us so much that we wanted to see. Eh, I guess I'll never get over that.

This is very late in the TRP discussion but I believe one of the fundamental reasons why the show failed in garnering TRPs was it's timeslot. BBAT did not replace any show, it was placed in an experimental tmeslot from the beginning. Zee was trying out that earlier time period to see if there was an audience. It's too bad really, had the show been nurtured at all, it would have had a following in India. It was simply placed there and forgotten about, It had the red headed stepchild treatment. No promotions, not included in any of the other zee shows or events. It wasn't considered a prime time show, It was left hanging to fend for itself. The fact that it lasted for over 300 episodes is truly amazing. Testament to the overseas viewers fighting to keep it alive.

It did not help that the show was relentlessly negative for the first three months Some of the viewers were alienated and they didn't return. The CV's had a chance to turn things around when they were granted the 10:30 timeslot. However the show was already plagued with issues and I don't think they were trying anymore. The October 3rd show was so powerful for us the diehards, but can you imagine someone tuning in to the show for the first time?They needed something fantastic to reign in new viewers. There was no way they were going to get new viewers with that awful track, and we all know how downhill it went from there.  Regardless of all of that, I don't think I will ever connect with any show the way I did with this one. This show was simply too good and it would have gotten TRP's if it was ever given a fair chance. It would have done very well if it was given a normal timeslot to begin with.!!!

Now that I've written a thesis, I'm off to do some work.πŸ˜‰ Guests are coming. Everyone is invited to come over for kheer. Wishing all my lovely friends a fantastic weekend ahead.Much love to everyone always.!!!❀️
Edited by vedi821 - 12 years ago
godblessall thumbnail
@ Vanfan...
 What...!! ' Dharampatni ' copied...!!!...Nooo...
But I'm more than sure nobody can copy the appealing tone and the  undoubted authority with what 'he' did it...πŸ‘