about disha --nisha sareen !

boomerang123 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
At Ekta's private dinner party...
   By: Vickey Lalwani
   May 18, 2006

Sandiip Sikcand and Nisha Sareen
Invitees to Ekta Kapoor's private dinner party at her residence on Saturday were witness to hi-voltage drama, when a furious Sandiip Sikcand (creative head of Kavyanjali, K Street Pali hill, Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii and Kasamh Se) told actress Nisha Sareen (Disha of Kavyanjali, Dweep of K Street) to "f*** off! Mind your own business."

Heads turned and jaws dropped, because the outburst was unlike Sikcand. Nisha was flabbergasted, and slowly walked away.

Sikcand was reluctant to talk about the incident. "I don't know whether you know this, but Nisha and I were buddies. Today, things are not the same," he lamented. 

Friend turned foe

Sandiip and Nisha go back a long way. He had even cast her in his play, My Best Friend's Wedding.

So what went wrong? When and how did the equation break up? Things soured between the two when Sikcand did not attend the premiere of Nisha's play, Birdsong, on April 8, at St Andrew's auditorium — and Nisha lost her cool.

Explained Sikcand, "I had a genuine reason for not attending that show. I was too busy at the office that day. I keep my personal and professional life totally separate. Without understanding my problem, Nisha yelled at me and said something very terrible after the premiere.

She called, and said, 'When you are 80 and alone, your Balaji and work will not come to your rescue. You will need friends like me.' She also said many other uncomplimentary things, which are so pathetic that I don't want to get into the details."

After that incident, Sandiip and Nisha did not interact the way they used to. Nisha sent him feelers and tried to patch up, but Sikcand did not relent.

"Once I am put off by somebody, I just can't be the same again. That's me," he said. So what happened at Ekta's house? "Nisha tried to get close to me. She put her arm around me. I didn't like it at all, and reacted," he admitted.

'I'm in awe of him'

Nisha is disturbed at what happened between Sikcand and her. "I did say a few harsh things to Sandiip, in the heat of the moment.

Frankly, I'm in awe of him. Sandiip and I have travelled together a lot and shared some very good moments. I know he felt very bad about my behaviour on the phone, but he should understand that I got carried away because the Birdsong premiere was a very important occasion for me, and I badly wanted him to be there.

He got p***** off at Ekta's party when I tried to mend bridges between us. But that's okay, he'll come around."

"I hold Nisha's acting abilities in high esteem. I wish she was as great a friend as she is an actor," Sikcand concluded.

source : http://ww1.mid-day.com/hitlist/2006/may/137479.htm

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

3 angels thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
thanks for the article... 😊
professionally she is a good actress but in personal life she seems to have an attitude..
well dont know who is right and who is wrong... 😊
except ur anita is so different and eijaz was right about that.... 😉