Sunidhi Chauhan set to Rock Singapore

dayita thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Entertainment News
Time is GMT + 8 hours
Posted: 02 May 2006 1227 hrs

Bollywood sensation Sunidhi Chauhan set to rock Singapore
By Zafar Anjum, TODAY

SINGAPORE: Come May 19 and Singaporeans will be rocking to a different tune - this time to the foot-tapping music from Bollywood. Setting them on fire will be Bollywood sensation, Sunidhi Chauhan, who met the media yesterday in a restaurant in Boat Quay.

The concert titled "Dus Bahane Dhoom Machale" will be held in the Esplanade Theatre. Indipop sensation KK (real name: Krishna Kumar Kunnath) will also join Sunidhi in the show.

The Singapore concert will be Sunidhi's fourth in the last three months after holding successful shows in Melbourne, Hong Kong and Muscat. In Melbourne, Sunidhi was part of the Indian troupe of musicians who performed at the closing ceremony of the 18th Commonwealth Games. "It was amazing," she said. "The Australians were singing along with me. It was the best show in my entire career."

Sunidhi, now 21, shot to fame as a musical prodigy at a very young age when she was discovered in a singing constest on national television. Since the age of eight, she has been performing on stage. Recognizing her innate vocal talents, her Delhi-based family moved to India's entertainment capital, Bombay (now Mumbai), when Sunidhi was only four. At the age of 11, this precocious singer got her first playback singing break in a Hindi film, 'Shastra' (Weapon).

She had her first chartbuster when she got an opportunity to sing in director Ram Gopal Varma's film 'Mast'. Since then, she has not looked back. After belting out scores of hit songs and garnering many industry awards, Sunidhi is a busy singer these days. "I record at least two to three songs everyday," she said.

Despite lacking a formal training in classical music, Sunidhi has managed to stay on top of the heap in a highly competitive Bollywood. "As I was performing from a very young age, and was an earning member of my family, I never had the time to learn classical music, even if I wanted to," she said. "But I am doing fine in my playback singing career as I have a good voice and a good range, and basically that's what is required to be a playback singer."

She has worked for most of the well-known music directors of India, including AR Rahman, Anu Malik, Himmesh Reshammiya, MM Kreem, and Shankar Ehsaan Loy.
She won many awards including R D BURMAN AWARD for the most promising New Comer, Filmfare 2001 and IIWA Awards in 2004 for 'Dhoom', held in Singapore.

An ardent fan of Mariah Carey and Michael Jackson, Sunidhi enjoys western pop as much as "desi" tunes. "I am inspired by these singers and performers," she admitted. Interestingly, she herself is quite a spectacular performer on stage. "I just go mad on the stage," she said.

Sunidhi's latest and forthcoming releases include 'Fana', 'Don', 'Gangster' and '36 China Town'.

EVENT: "DUS BAHANE DHOOM MACHALE"
DATE: FRIDAY 19 MAY 2006
VENUE: ESPLANADE THEATRE
TIME: 8PM
TICKETS ON SALE THROUGH SISTIC HOT LINE: 63485555/OUTLETS ISLANDWIDE

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/entertainment/view/20 6036/1/.html

Edited by dayita - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mitts thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanx
I love her voice as she can sing ne kind of song
But doesnt she look very diffrent in this pic 😕
*Shona* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
lolz she looks tooooo different in this pic. maybe shez too stressed. but she does have great voice.
thanks for the article. 😊
mitts thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This pic more like Alisha Chinoy atleast I find it like her
dayita thumbnail
You are wellcome Jasleen.
Mitts i am still confused.
tulip007 thumbnail
tfs..........................................Sunidhi is my all tim favorite...............she can sing any songs...................She sang for lots of movies at such a young age........................Her songs are always famous.......................What a great voice!!!!!!!!!!!
dayita thumbnail
Yeh Tulip, you are right she is a very versetile singer.