VirMan OS : Will You Be My Valentine?

rev4eva thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi All, Firstly Happy Valentine to all of you... I decided to refine the OS that I wrote for the TVC in Facebook and share it with you. I will update my FF slightly late so hope you enjoy this meanwhile

Will you be my Valentine?

"Kya???? No way!" both Virat and Manvi cried in unison nearly deafening Jeevika & Viren. "For once, we have unity among our siblings unfortunately we can't enjoy it. Now let's move to plan B" Viren told to Jeevika.  Viren dragged Virat aside while Jeevika tried pacifying Manvi."Bhai, are you out of your mind... Me aur woh  Bandariya together on Valentine dinner!!!" Virat finally spoke once they're out of Jeevika & Manvi's earshot. "Virat mera bhai, take a deep breathe... Relax yaar, let me explain" Viren. Virat nodded and anxiously waited for his Bhai's explanation. "Yaar, I didn't know bua planned a Valentine surprise for me & Jeevika. I have already made my plans and I don't want to disappoint bua as well. I just want you & Manvi to go on the dinner planned by bua while Jeevika and I will go on our date. Nobody will find out and bua or Jeevika won't be offended. Please bhai" Viren pleaded. Virat was never able to see his bhai in this state, but going out for a date with Manvi is equivalent to suicidal. "Anyways I know things have not been smooth between you and Manvi recently and this is a good time to patch up bhai" Viren continued and Virat was stunned.

It was almost a week since their argument, Virat had a row with Dadaji and poor Manvi was at the wrong place at the wrong time. She became his punching bag to vent out his anger and this time she was pissed off. He didn't want to apologize and she totally ignored his existence for the whole week. He tried to pretend nothing happen and engage into small talks with her she was different this time. She actually made him wonder whether he was invisible. "Virat! Kaha koh gaya? " Viren's voice startled Virat from  his thoughts. "Oh nothing... Bhai I just don't know whether all this will work out or not. I mean I don't want to be highlight of the town tomorrow, imagine headlines "Romantic Valentine turns sour for Vandhera's most eligible bachelor" if we end up fighting like cats and dogs there. Bua's arrangement will always have sophistication that is almost impossible to meet especially by souls like me & Manvi" Virat voiced his hesitance. "Bhai, my Saali is not that bad as you fear. She may be loud and impulsive but she is who she is and you are not an angel yourself. We both know that, don't we?" Viren smirked and continued. "Your crush on her is also pretty obvious as well, so I'm giving you a chance to make up with her and make your brother happy. Well if you still skeptical, I have another candidate in line for her. Rohan have been pretty impressed with her since my shaadi and is ever willing to offer his hand for marriage. So the ball is on your court" Viren concluded.  Virat felt sudden surge of jealousy the moment he heard the jerk, Rohan's name. "Bhai, no need to trouble any Rohan or Rahul... I will take her for the dinner as plan, anything for you and bhabhi." Virat immediately responded trying to hide his desperation. Viren hugged Virat and both the brothers turn to walk back to the room when Virat whispered to Viren "Was it that obvious?" "Kya?" Viren asked. "Uff bhai, my feelings for your Saali" Virat replied. "Bhai huh tera!" Viren chuckled and continued walking while being proud of convincing skills as lawyer. Manvi obviously mellowed to  Jeevika's request, she would actually date an alien for her Di what is Chep compare to that.

Viren and Jeevika left for their Valentine date while Virat and Manvi left in pretense of shopping. Everybody was busy with their work to actually realize something fishy was going on. Virat dressed in his best to impress his Bandariya especially when he was aware of the existence of his competition.  He was looking dashing in his smart casual white linen shirt with jeans, while Manvi was stunning with pink designer kurti and black leggings courtesy of Viren for his dear Saali. Virat was smitten by her but he managed to remain cool despite drooling over her inside.  Manvi was silent throughout the journey and her silence was killing him.  "Could you please pass me your remote" he finally broke the ice. "What remote?" she shot him back. "Oh! So you are not in silence mode…. I thought you accidentally went into silent mode and didn't know how to tune back to normal so I decided to help you" he mocked her. "Was that a JOKE Virat Singh Vandhera???? And what am I suppose to do??? Laugh??? Sorry, I don't know how to pretend to laugh at lame jokes" she mocked back. "Man, she is still mad at me!" he thought to himself. "Dekho Manvi, with the pace we are moving the night is gonna be a misery for both of us. Tummara gusha chooda yaar, lets enjoy the dinner yaar. Please Manvi" Virat pleaded. "Sorry Virat, unfortunately I don't have split personality like you. I can't be normal one minute and burst out in anger another minute and then pretend nothing has happened the next minute. Yeh mujhe paar nahi hoga. I agreed for this dinner plan for the sake of Di and Jiju. That's all, let's get over the stupid dinner over and get on with our life" she answered him. He could feel the pain and the sarcasm in her voice and he knew she was not to be blamed. He mentally vowed to make it up to her by tonight. "Dude, your mission tonight is to bring back the Bandariya and her smile" he made a mental note.

"Welcome Mr & Mrs Vandhera" the waiter greeted them as they entered the restaurant. Manvi wanted to rebut him when Virat held her hand to stop her. He signaled to her that they are pretending to be Viren & Jeevika today. She understood and acknowledged the greetings. It was weird that they felt awkward pretending to be their sibling for the second time after the Rishikesh fiasco when they pulled it so well during the first attempt. The restaurant was lid with candles to create the romantic ambiance. Manvi nearly tripped while walking in the dim light but Virat manage to hold on time. "Careful Mrs Vandhera" he whispered to her and she shoot him her killer look.  "They can afford to charge a bomb but can't even provide proper lighting in the restaurant" she cursed softly but loud enough for Virat to chuckle as he pulled her chair. "What is so funny?" she probed him. "Kuch nahi Bandariya, the restaurant owner would have died of heart attack if he heard your comments. The poor fella tried to create romantic ambiance and here you are cursing them about not providing proper lighting. Tooda romantic mood meh aaja meri Bandariya" he smirked while he took his seat. "Romantic mere joote. The place is so dark, you won't even know whether you are seating with your partner and what the hell they are serving you on your plate" she mocked again. "Oye deft footiya, can't you think of anything else besides food. About not knowing your partner, I'm not sure about others but I won't be able to miss you even if it was pitch dark" he replied her with his mischievous grin. She was too busy cursing to realize the hidden meaning Virat's statement.

Manvi was sighed in relieve that it was Indian restaurant instead of Chinese or Continental else she would have to endure the torture of eating something that she despise as Virat proceed to order their dinner. Manvi was twisting the napkin in irritation as wait for their dinner to be served that seemed almost eternal. "Oye mere bookhi sherni, please spare the poor napkin from your torture" Virat finally broke the silence as she hardly uttered a single word since they were seated.  "Shall I twist your neck instead?" she shoots him back. "Baas meri maa, I can take it any longer. I know you are still mad at me for last week's incident". "You expect me to be in love with you after what happened last week" she interrupted Virat before he could complete. It only hit her on what she actually said when she saw the mischievous grin Virat was giving her. She mentally slammed her head for speaking before thinking again. "Dekho Manvi, I'm really sorry for what happened that day. I'm really sorry and I really mean it yaar. Please mujhe maaf kaaro" he pleaded while pulling his ears and giving his most angelic smile.  Manvi instantly melted in his smile, her anger vanished into thin air but she wasn't going to give in easily. She folded her arms pretending to be still angry. "Manvi, do you want me to go on my knees to beg forgiveness?" he pleaded again pretending to get up. "Chep hoh tum? You want to embarrass me in front of this entire crowd?" she quickly stopped him. "Acha, so you are more concern about the embarrassment I would cause you instead of sincerity of my apology" Virat replied with solemn voice pretending to hurt but he was delighted to hear her call him "Chep". He knew her anger was gone the moment she addressed him as "Chep" but decided to play along with her. "Mera matlab woh nahi tak…." she stumbled for words. "Phir kya matlab tah tumara" he asked her. "Kuch nahi, you are forgiven Chep. Ab khushi?" she exclaimed. "Such meh?" he requested for confirmation. "Hain baba, mere kasam" she replied as her lips curved into a smile. "Then will you be my Valentine for today?" he asked the million dollar question. Manvi was speechless while Virat took out the small box from his pocket and handed to her, "Please bestow your grace upon my token of apology Mere Bhabi Ki Behna" he told her. Manvi was too stunned to react until he nudged her to accept the gift. "Virat, yeh gift aur mere liya? But I don't have any for you…" she finally spoke. "Tell me you will be my Valentine tonight; that is my best gift of the night" he assured her. "Come on, open your gift and let me know how it is?" he told her.

She slowly opened the box and was impressed with the beautiful earring he got her; it was simple yet so exquisite. She was indeed impressed with his choice. "Thank you Virat, it is really beautiful but I don't think I can accept such an expensive gift" she told him.  "Shhh… I don't want to hear any explanation. If you have really forgiven me, then accept it…. " he told her. She nodded hesitantly. "Come on, try it on" he urged her. "Now …. Here?  I already have my earrings on. "she answered him. "Well, you can always remove your earring and try this on. I m sure it is not that difficult to change a pair of earring" he questioned her. Manvi excused herself to the ladies and changed the earrings. The earring complemented her so perfectly; she couldn't help admiring herself in the mirror. Virat was proud of his choice, he didn't know whether the earring complemented her or she complemented it but it was perfect. Both of them enjoyed their dinner while Manvi shared with him how she and Jeevika celebrate their Valentine together in Rishikesh. Virat excused himself to settle the bill and whispered something to the waiter. The waiter was perplexed as Virat spoke and finally nodded. Minutes later, the waiter passed Virat a bag.

As they were about to leave, the manager requested them to stay longer as they will be opening the dance floor shortly. Virat politely declined saying they have other plans lined up. "I wonder how these people will dance without tripping over in this dark" she naively asked Virat as they walked out. "Of course they will have the dance light on Bandariya" he chuckled at her. "Chep, what is in the bag? Why the waiter looked so puzzled and where are we going now? Di and Jiju are not due to return till 11 pm and we are suppose to wait for them na?" She asked him as he drove. "All your questions will be answered soon, now let me concentrate on the road Bandariya" he told her. After almost an hour, they reached their destination. "Virat, where are we going? The place looks so deserted." she asked him.  "I'm not going to kill you, just follow me" he assured her sensing her worries. Manvi's leg froze and she was stunned with what she saw.

The lake looked so scenic under the moonlight. It was so serene except for the cold breeze that blew and the trees that danced like maiden to Mother Nature's rhythm. "Chalo Manvi" Virat nudged her breaking, stirring her from her amazement. "This place is awesome Virat, I didn't know such a place exist in Chandigarh! " she finally spoke. "It is indeed beautiful, I always come here whenever I need solitude" he told her. "Now we are going to celebrate Valentine's Day your style Bandariya" Virat announced as he bent down to take for something from the bag that was given by the waiter earlier. "My style of Valentine Day?" she wondered. Virat lit the tea candle on a ceramic plate, decorated it with some rose petals and handed it to her. "I know I can't bring Ganga ghat to Chandigarh and there is no diya here, so lake and candles in substitute. I'm sure your parents will accept it yaar" he told her. Tears flow from her eyes as she stood watching him in amazement. She randomly shared with him on how she has enjoyed Valentine celebration over the years with her Di just hours ago and here he is trying to fulfill it for her. "Oye Bandariya, kaha ko gayi?" his voice startled her. She took the candle from his hand but still stood there speechless. Virat had another set of candle as well. "Another one? What is that for Virat?" she asked him. "That is for my dad, something that I learned from you. Ab chalo" he answered while walking towards the lake, gesturing her to follow. They both silently spoke to their demised parents and let the candle go on the lake. Virat placed his hand on her shoulder, "You look very scary when you cry Bandariya, please don't scare me any further" he joked to cheer Manvi.

Virat guided her back to the car but instead of the getting into the car he helped her to sit on the car bonnet. "Ab ek aur bhi surprise baaki hai" he announced. Virat emerged with 2 kulfi packed in the icebox from the restaurant. Manvi was totally swept off her feet by Virat's surprise. He joined her on the car and handed the kulfi to her. "Happy Valentine Bandariya" he whispered to her in his husky voice. Manvi's check turned pink to match her kurthi. "Happy Valentine Chep" she replied shyly. They spend hours talking until Viren texted them. Both of the happily drove back to meet Viren and Jeevika as planned. Manvi never thought her Valentine would be so special without her Di and she owed it all to her Chep. Virat was contented to see the smile on his Bandariya's face, he was glad that he has successfully passed his first hurdle in impressing her. 

Please share with me your comment and criticism. Really appreciate it😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shehroon_riaz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
That was truly the best 'Valentine Day' for them...
I mean where do you get such ideas from; they're just so different from the ordinary 'Valentine Scene' everyone have in their minds (like me).
And I'm not even joking this OS was something different in itself. It was actually better than the usual thinking of us VirManians of what their Valentine's Day Scene should be like.
You have such wonderful ideas that you have kind of made me speechless. Please do keep presenting us with your wonderful OSs.
I love reading them.

I loved every bit of this. It actually brought a different way of their first Valentine's Day to be brought up. I mean they're always fighting and yes we all do know that 'Love' is kind kind of growing between them yet they don't know this. This would be a wonderful way of bringing their love out. We also know this can't happen today because of MAYA but I would picture their Valentine's day to be exactly like this mainly because of their cute nokh-jokh which would actually not stop even on a date. :P

I'm going to post thins now because this has turned into an Essay and not a comment. Lol. I've started my own explanation on their Valentine's Day. Sorry for the time wasting because I only had one point, which was the fact that their Valentine's Day would be actually brought up in a similar way in which you have presented it :)
Then again most people do know me as an 'Essay Writer'

Edited
I loved the part where he presented the earrings in front of her and then when they were about to go home but Viraat took her to the lake, where he spends his time when he's not in the best mood. The candle's that he placed in the lake signifying that its not necessary to do this in only the Ganga Ghat; it could be done anywhere :)
And thanks for the PM.

Edited More
Just read a comment saying that you WON!!
Really?
Omg 
Actually I'm not surprised; you're such a wonderful write and get 'outta this world' ideas so it is bound for you to win!!
Anyways, keep writing (as I've said before)
And CONGRATULATIONS!!
Edited by shehroon_riaz - 12 years ago
Khushnav thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Aww rev! Super like super like!!! The subtle emotions and the understandings were so sweet... Haye!!! *dreams dreams* iske baad toh I almost asked YOU : Will you be my valentine? :P Its realistic and romantic = perfect combo gurl!
..Jessie.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
tat was super!!!!!!!!omg loved the way he asked her to be his !!!!!!it was very vey sweet one ... rev i am becoming ur fan🤗 Edited by jessiekarthik - 12 years ago
ashred12 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
cool...do write more... :)
DivanIsh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
i already read it on facebook on tvc...congrats for winning 
luv
pankhuri
rev4eva thumbnail

Originally posted by: shehroon_riaz

That was truly the best 'Valentine Day' for them...
I mean where do you get such ideas from; they're just so different from the ordinary 'Valentine Scene' everyone have in their minds (like me).
And I'm not even joking this OS was something different in itself. It was actually better than the usual thinking of us VirManians of what their Valentine's Day Scene should be like.
You have such wonderful ideas that you have kind of made me speechless. Please do keep presenting us with your wonderful OSs.

I love reading them.

I loved every bit of this. It actually brought a different way of their first Valentine's Day to be brought up. I mean they're always fighting and yes we all do know that 'Love' is kind kind of growing between them yet they don't know this. This would be a wonderful way of bringing their love out. We also know this can't happen today because of MAYA but I would picture their Valentine's day to be exactly like this mainly because of their cute nokh-jokh which would actually not stop even on a date. :P

I'm going to post thins now because this has turned into an Essay and not a comment. Lol. I've started my own explanation on their Valentine's Day. Sorry for the time wasting because I only had one point, which was the fact that their Valentine's Day would be actually brought up in a similar way in which you have presented it :)
Then again most people do know me as an 'Essay Writer'

Edited
I loved the part where he presented the earrings in front of her and then when they were about to go home but Viraat took her to the lake, where he spends his time when he's not in the best mood. The candle's that he placed in the lake signifying that its not necessary to do this in only the Ganga Ghat; it could be done anywhere :)
And thanks for the PM

Thank you so much dear for your lovely comments... I really enjoy reading them and esp how you give me your POV. It really means alot to me. I was equally irked with Maya's introduction during Valentine so she is out of my OS😉
VirMan is VirMan because of their nok-jok and I don't think it should stop at any point of time. It is the essence of their relationship and I'm happy that you agree with me...

Btw I love your long comments❤️, definitely not waste of my time but appreciate you for taking your time to express yourself
rev4eva thumbnail

Originally posted by: Khushnav

Aww rev! Super like super like!!! The subtle emotions and the understandings were so sweet... Haye!!! *dreams dreams* iske baad toh I almost asked YOU : Will you be my valentine? :P Its realistic and romantic = perfect combo gurl!

Mia... Thank you so much😊 I m super happy to read your comments
For the OS that you dedicated for me, I don't mind being your Valentine😉
rev4eva thumbnail

Thank you maria...😊
rev4eva thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Talli-

Awww.. I Loved The OS From The Beginning Till The End.. And Awww, The Bit Where He Gave Her The Earings Was So Sweet..The End Was So Beautiful With The Lake And The Scenery..  Like Mia Said, The Subtle Emotions And Understandings Were Also So Sweet.. This OS Is Really Amazing.. Thank You For The PM..

Thank you so much Talli... 😊Glad you loved it. When are you planning to update yours? I'm waiting to read your intense update